**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is “hitting into block” mechanic broken in your experience?

BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
My experience since April update is the the mechanic of hitting into block has changed. The defender no longer gets frozen and can launch specials most commonly but also attack and evade mid combo into block. This is particularly affecting myself using sentinel and Masacre. Masacre is one of my main attack champs, I use him in 80% of my questing so my experience is very consistent both pre April update (no issues ever) and post update as described.

I have seen no improvement in issues since the supposed fix/improvement claimed in last update.

I’ve experienced this issue with multiple champs most obviously, consistently and frustratingly when fighting nameless thanos final boss in end game avengers quest where hitting into his block was a fundamental mechanic in beating him through phase 1.

Curious to see how the balance is of those who experience the same and those that haven’t...

Is “hitting into block” mechanic broken in your experience? 39 votes

Hitting block has been broken since April and not fixed or improved since
69% 27 votes
Hitting block has been broken since April but has been fixed or improved since
10% 4 votes
I’ve never experienced this issue
12% 5 votes
I’ve experienced this issue consistently even before April update
7% 3 votes

Comments

• NinjaSliceDiceNinjaSliceDice Posts: 17
    It's an infuriating problem in high tier fights. Just one of those block-specials can wreck your chances of winning and there's nothing you can do about it.

Kabam's has acknowledged the issue is a result of the April update ... but they've more or less said it's too hard to fix so they're not going to try. It's a disappointing response, and I'm hoping they will realize how the issue is negatively impacting the gameplay experience of their community and will choose to correct it.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    I don’t agree with their take personally. It’s such a definite change in my experience and like you say in high tier fights mean instant KO in most cases.

It is weird it can happen for me multiple times in one fight and then not for a few days but it’s happening enough that I don’t feel I can use Masacre and sentinel anymore in high level quests as I cannot trust their fundamental gameplay mechanic.

Trying to use 4* sentinel to clear variant2 poison lane and it’s made me give up for now so frequent is the problem over fights that long..

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    hitting into the block is sometimes a necessary tactic to push the enemy back so you don't get pinned against the wall.

lately if I try to hit them more than twice I immediately get a special in my face. Not exactly a fun time.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I don't think that it's just a block timing thing, per se. Intercepting and evading is basically the same issue for me. As soon as the opponent starts moving, it's too late to intercept or evade. The best that you can hope for is to get a block or parry in. I spend most of the time in fights trying to predict when my opponent is going to run at me, which means constantly trying to move earlier than you're supposed to. UC and other tough content is basically unplayable because there's no way you're going to consistently win fights like that.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Please contribute to the existing discussion about this topic rather than starting a new thread. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.