**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Enough of RNG rewards.

Comments

• BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★

BigDog34 said:

@Kabam Miike Can you please move away from RNG based rewards. It's so unbalanced from player to player. Move back towards the store system you've done before. Collect the resources and trade them in for something you actually want/need. Having RNG rewards is a massive slap in the face to us. #makemcocgreatagain

I can understand how frustrating it is to not pull what you want, but the game has always been largely based on RNG. I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm not sure what you mean about making it great again, but this has always been the case. It's also great when we have the luck to pull what we want. It just takes some patience.
    "It just takes some patience"
    How much? Is 4 years not enough?
    If someone has been playing for 4 years steady, and RNG hasn't thrown them a bone yet, I'd be curious of how they're playing.

Besides, getting what you want everytime becomes very boring after a while. Just ask The Kardashians. XD

Seatin never gets bored of it
    He has his share of bad luck. That just doesn't make for good T.V. :smile:
    He almost always gets the featured Champion but then again who knows how much he actually spends and opens
    His pulls are the same just as the rest of us. Two subtle differences are a) he has enough resources to try, and b) no one watches us when we pull anything.
    Hahaha... he basically as 90-95% of all new champs in 5* or in 6*... then he makes a rank up and does a game play with them....

For is new FTP account he basically nails 4* GT at a superior rate than anyone else....

I said it before, and I say it again, with 200k+ followers, this guy is just being feed great pull, for obvious reason.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

BigDog34 said:

@Kabam Miike Can you please move away from RNG based rewards. It's so unbalanced from player to player. Move back towards the store system you've done before. Collect the resources and trade them in for something you actually want/need. Having RNG rewards is a massive slap in the face to us. #makemcocgreatagain

I can understand how frustrating it is to not pull what you want, but the game has always been largely based on RNG. I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm not sure what you mean about making it great again, but this has always been the case. It's also great when we have the luck to pull what we want. It just takes some patience.
    If someone has been playing for 4 years steady, and RNG hasn't thrown them a bone yet, I'd be curious of how they're playing.

Besides, getting what you want everytime becomes very boring after a while. Just ask The Kardashians. XD

He almost always gets the featured Champion but then again who knows how much he actually spends and opens
    His pulls are the same just as the rest of us. Two subtle differences are a) he has enough resources to try, and b) no one watches us when we pull anything.
    Hahaha... he basically as 90-95% of all new champs in 5* or in 6*... then he makes a rank up and does a game play with them....

For is new FTP account he basically nails 4* GT at a superior rate than anyone else....

I said it before, and I say it again, with 200k+ followers, this guy is just being feed great pull, for obvious reason.
    Literally watched him spend almost a couple of thousand to try and get one champ.... Trust me, his luck the same as anyone else's, he just spends more. There's very few youtubers who spend as much or more than he does on featured crystals.
    ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

Literally watched him spend almost a couple of thousand to try and get one champ.... Trust me, his luck the same as anyone else's, he just spends more. There's very few youtubers who spend as much or more than he does on featured crystals.
    I agree that he can spend $$$ to get one specific champ and not get him, but he will pull a mountain of other GT champs..... in the process of trying to get that champ.

ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

I agree that he can spend $$$ to get one specific champ and not get him, but he will pull a mountain of other GT champs..... in the process of trying to get that champ.
    Sure, but you know that he's only getting that many because he's spending that much. And you're only focusing on the GT champs, and ignoring the immense amount of trash, or 3 or 4* champs he gets in the process. If you only focus on the good champs, you don't see how many bad he gets. And again he's spent well in excess of $30,000 on this game.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

Sure, but you know that he's only getting that many because he's spending that much. And you're only focusing on the GT champs, and ignoring the immense amount of trash, or 3 or 4* champs he gets in the process. If you only focus on the good champs, you don't see how many bad he gets. And again he's spent well in excess of $30,000 on this game.
    I agree that he puts money in, i agree that he get bad stacks of 10 cristals and a slew of trash 3*.... but in an effort to get that specified champion, he does get to pull other great champions in the process.

Go look at his new FTP account, and see how many 4* GT he pulled after 1 month... unreal.
    @ItsDamien

That was the list of is FTP account champions after 1 month:

1rst 4* was Blade and he sold it
    1rst 5* was Hyperion and he could not sell it.

adding to his account are
    4* Void
    4* Venom
    4* Darkhawk
    4* sentinel
    4* Guillotine
    4* Champion
    4* Magik
    4* Quake

That was 3 weeks ago.... and he got more great pull added...

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

I agree that he puts money in, i agree that he get bad stacks of 10 cristals and a slew of trash 3*.... but in an effort to get that specified champion, he does get to pull other great champions in the process.

Go look at his new FTP account, and see how many 4* GT he pulled after 1 month... unreal.
    That's just luck. Nothing more or less. Would you say that Kabam is rigging my crystals because I haven't pulled a single 5* Iron Patriot, but I've duped my Stark Spidey, and Medusa, and pulled an Aegon, Corvus, Hyperion, GR all as 5*, and recently pulled Corvus as a 6* as well? Luck is random.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

That's just luck. Nothing more or less. Would you say that Kabam is rigging my crystals because I haven't pulled a single 5* Iron Patriot, but I've duped my Stark Spidey, and Medusa, and pulled an Aegon, Corvus, Hyperion, GR all as 5*, and recently pulled Corvus as a 6* as well? Luck is random.
    I am not saying that kabam is rigging my Cristals or your Cristals, but I would say that the way the game is designed, the chances that you pull bad champion is higher than the chances you pull great Champions. And I think that this is true for anyone... Except you know who!

Luck might be random, but it is not a 50/50 chance. When you have a 0,5% chance of pulling a 5* featured, and 60+% chance of pulling a 3*... that is not chance...

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

I am not saying that kabam is rigging my Cristals or your Cristals, but I would say that the way the game is designed, the chances that you pull bad champion is higher than the chances you pull great Champions. And I think that this is true for anyone... Except you know who!

Luck might be random, but it is not a 50/50 chance. When you have a 0,5% chance of pulling a 5* featured, and 60+% chance of pulling a 3*... that is not chance...

That's literally what chance is. And I'd say out of my 5*s and my 2 6*s, my good luck is about 50%. Its random. It varies from person to person.

The thing with random chance, is that the more you pull the lever, the more chance you have at getting a good pull. If you're opening one 5* a month, if you get a bad pull, it's going to sting more than if you're opening 4 5*s a month. The same applies for Cavalier crystals, if you open 10 a month, you'll notice the bad pulls more than if you're opening 100 a month.

I just got Cavalier yesterday, I've opened 2 of them and I got a 5* AA, and a 4* Elektra. If I don't open any for a while and open one more and get a 3*, yeah it's going to suck. But if I open another 10 tomorrow and get 6 3*s, 3 4*s and another 5*, it won't feel nearly as bad because I'm pulling the lever more.
    If you say that 50% of the time you get good pull.... this is where this game prouves to be flaw cause it cant produce regular result for every player.

I use to believe this was a game of chance.... and all, nope, this game the way it’s designed, is flaw.... and that is why so many thread like this one are open everyday.

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

That's literally what chance is. And I'd say out of my 5*s and my 2 6*s, my good luck is about 50%. Its random. It varies from person to person.

The thing with random chance, is that the more you pull the lever, the more chance you have at getting a good pull. If you're opening one 5* a month, if you get a bad pull, it's going to sting more than if you're opening 4 5*s a month. The same applies for Cavalier crystals, if you open 10 a month, you'll notice the bad pulls more than if you're opening 100 a month.

I just got Cavalier yesterday, I've opened 2 of them and I got a 5* AA, and a 4* Elektra. If I don't open any for a while and open one more and get a 3*, yeah it's going to suck. But if I open another 10 tomorrow and get 6 3*s, 3 4*s and another 5*, it won't feel nearly as bad because I'm pulling the lever more.
    If you say that 50% of the time you get good pull.... this is where this game prouves to be flaw cause it cant produce regular result for every player.

I use to believe this was a game of chance.... and all, nope, this game the way it’s designed, is flaw.... and that is why so many thread like this one are open everyday.
    You clearly missed the part where I stated "It varies from person to person". That is chance. That is random chance. That is what the whole game is based around. Its been that way since it started.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

You clearly missed the part where I stated "It varies from person to person". That is chance. That is random chance. That is what the whole game is based around. Its been that way since it started.

Ok, one last try....

This chance thing, may vary from one to another, but if you are amoung the ones that get’s 50% rate of getting good pull, that is 1 out of 2... that is 500 out 1000.... the game is flaw. Random, not random.... what ever you want to call it....

So you buy 1 odin and get 0ver 3000 units, you buy 10 GMC at 300 units a pop and get 5 great pulls.... on a constant basis... you my friend have a bug working in your favor in your account... because that is not random... that is regular patterns.

Take someone else, who invest on 1 odin, buy,s 10 GMC at 300 units a pop and get 10 3* champs... unlucky, maybe....

And this is what many, players are complaining about....minority of people getting all the goodies from the epic unstable rifts and others just get the trash.

That is why this system of RNG is flaw. And this is why some unlucky players are feed up.

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

Ok, one last try....

This chance thing, may vary from one to another, but if you are amoung the ones that get’s 50% rate of getting good pull, that is 1 out of 2... that is 500 out 1000.... the game is flaw. Random, not random.... what ever you want to call it....

So you buy 1 odin and get 0ver 3000 units, you buy 10 GMC at 300 units a pop and get 5 great pulls.... on a constant basis... you my friend have a bug working in your favor in your account... because that is not random... that is regular patterns.

Take someone else, who invest on 1 odin, buy,s 10 GMC at 300 units a pop and get 10 3* champs... unlucky, maybe....

And this is what many, players are complaining about....minority of people getting all the goodies from the epic unstable rifts and others just get the trash.

That is why this system of RNG is flaw. And this is why some unlucky players are feed up.

But that's still random chance. And just because my chance seems to be about 50% in favour of good pulls doesn't mean that 50% of the player base has 50% good luck. Those two things aren't relative at all.

Yes RNG sucks at times. That doesn't mean that it's flawed.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Dang didn't know I was about to start a war
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    The rng wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't put sig stones in the unstable rifts or at least made it 20 sig stones. The usefulness of 5 sig stones compared to the other rewards is pretty far apart. I'm not complaining even though I landed 4 sig stones out of 5 rifts. I new the odds and lost the bet. I think they were just too low of a floor for rewards with the energy required to do the rifts.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

BigDog34 said:

Ok, one last try....

But that's still random chance. And just because my chance seems to be about 50% in favour of good pulls doesn't mean that 50% of the player base has 50% good luck. Those two things aren't relative at all.

Yes RNG sucks at times. That doesn't mean that it's flawed.
    I did write that minority of people getting all the goodies, and majority gets all the trash rewards.... never mentionned anything about 50% of players here.

But hey if I would get 50% of good pull and all the random chance you get, I would not want anything to change, and would favor status quo.

People wants a change cause this RNG reward system is failling them.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Rng with pulling champs is fine..let’s not stuff rng everywhere else
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★

BigDog34 said:

While years ago having Daredevil or Iron Patrion made no such big difference, now basically every mission you need specific champions in order to compete. If you are lucky you do everything without spending items (or units), if not... You know. So that's the big difference between past and present.

At least they should add the chance to get specific champions with units, or add a different champion every month DISINTEGRATING that stupid Unstoppable Colossus from loyalty store.

I'm patient, really patient, but I'm sitting here having my best champions released in 2016/2017. Last good pull was Blade, on dec. 2018, while I own a superbe LV 200 Storm and the mighty LV 120 Cyclops. WOW...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Badrose said:

BigDog34 said:

While years ago having Daredevil or Iron Patrion made no such big difference, now basically every mission you need specific champions in order to compete. If you are lucky you do everything without spending items (or units), if not... You know. So that's the big difference between past and present.

At least they should add the chance to get specific champions with units, or add a different champion every month DISINTEGRATING that stupid Unstoppable Colossus from loyalty store.

I'm patient, really patient, but I'm sitting here having my best champions released in 2016/2017. Last good pull was Blade, on dec. 2018, while I own a superbe LV 200 Storm and the mighty LV 120 Cyclops. WOW...
    I understand it's frustrating waiting on what you want, but I don't see the system changing anytime soon. The game has always been built around RNG. There are many reasons for this, fair distribution, longevity, etc. I just don't think it's good for the game to be able to choose whatever we want.
    As for your personal situation, I wouldn't be able to comment without knowing what you have, but what I do know is there are many Champs that have decent uses that aren't necessarily on the God Tier List. In fact, I steer clear of it altogether. I don't want my mind to be swayed by anything other than my own experience in using them. I listen of course, but that's usually an indication to try them out myself. I just find the perspective very limiting, and that leads to being disappointed with anything that isn't "Top Tier". The numbers alone for the small amount that people think are good just mean the majority will disappoint. The other part of that is I've had pretty average luck in general, and I'm actually grateful for that because I've had to make do with what I get, and that has opened my mind to a good number of Champs people overlook.
    The new requirements can be more problematic, but it's by design. It's probably also worth noting that there are more Resources now, and at that stage, to have more chances to pull what we need. Having to wait is a part of the game.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    BigDog34 said:

what I got from 5 times in the unstable rifts:
    - 5 signature stones
    - 5 signature stones
    - 500 5* crystal shards
    - 500 5* crystal shards
    - 250 6* crystal shards

What a friend found in 2 times:
    - full t2a catalyst
    - scientific awakening 5* gem

I don't get the point, I did ALL the difficulties in EQ for the month, opened a ridiculous amount of unstable rifts (5!!!) and found anything but garbage.

For how this game is designed I'm gonna quit soon!
    It's been 3/4 years now, maybe it's time for me to move on.

It's just UNFAIR at the max possible!
    I put more energy and time on this game respect who just opened 2 rifts, but I didn't get anything remarkable.

This is a JOKE, this system MUST change.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★

Lol yeah, I am 1000% sure his account is rigged to get the best champs. Just watch his recent pull videos.
  • B_RabbittB_Rabbitt Posts: 136
    It is unbelievable to me that people are complaining about some rewards being RANDOM as it is for everybody else. Some people get lucky and others don't, it's that simple.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    TRONG94 said:

I think for crystal things, we can accept RNG. But it is kind of totally unfair that for the same content being completed with same effort, somebody gets a 5* and others get sig stones. I really feel for players who get all trash from doing epic rifts. Just give side EQ guaranteed rewards. Intel store is the most suitable model for future side EQ.

And no, I am not whining, I consider myself to have been quite lucky in the rift event this month. Just a suggestion.

Why is it "unfair"?
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    RNG is a way for beginners to catch up quickly to the top.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I don't mind the RNG aspect necessarily, but the way it is implemented with these rifts is ridiculous. Meaning, the vast gap in the reward structure based on RNG. It's crazy that someone can get lucky and win an entire feature 5*, or 5* AG, or an entire t2A while the unlucky ones are getting useless sig stones.

The top rewards are potentially game changing type of rewards while the bottom rewards are essentially worthless. That's not right.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins said:

I don't mind the RNG aspect necessarily, but the way it is implemented with these rifts is ridiculous. Meaning, the vast gap in the reward structure based on RNG. It's crazy that someone can get lucky and win an entire feature 5*, or 5* AG, or an entire t2A while the unlucky ones are getting useless sig stones.

The top rewards are potentially game changing type of rewards while the bottom rewards are essentially worthless. That's not right.

a featured 5* crystal or even an AG are not game changing in and of themselves..