**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Season Rank

RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
Idk what is going on but i think the placement is bugged. My alliance ended Gold 2 last season and when Season Began last week we lost 2 wars and somehow we are in Silver 1 right now!!.

You telling me that it takes literally 2 war losses to drastically drop from G2 to S1 bc that is impossible to drop 2 ranks from 2 losses.

Anyone else seems to have their placement incorrect?

Comments

• Options
    Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    Last season doesn’t affect this season at all
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    Eric987 said:

You telling me off season affects the placement before the season begins? Like i said we only lost 2 wars when S10 began last Wednesday and no way from those 2 losses we start out in S1...back to back seasons we began where we left off whether its a loss or win
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Placement has to do with season points only. Losses accrue fewer points than wins. Start winning again, and you'll be back in Gold in no time.

*Edit* You may want to verify you received the correct points in those losses.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    edited June 2019

Eric987 said:

You telling me off season affects the placement before the season begins? Like i said we only lost 2 wars when S10 began last Wednesday and no way from those 2 losses we start out in S1...back to back seasons we began where we left off whether its a loss or win
    The points that put you in gold 2 came after 12 wars. Your alliance rating dictates your multiplier. Clearing 3 bosses per war regardless of win or loss contributes season points. If you clear 9 bosses and lose 3 wars, you'll be even in points with winning 3 wars with no boss kills.

Anecdotally, the middling alliances are more likely to bail on this season as time goes by, so it's going to get ugly real fast once you fall behind in points. As you're incented to boss clear, many alliances are forgoing exploration. This causes the point differentials to be greater, so a gold 2 suddenly translates to silver and below in the new world order.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Eric987 said:

The off season affects your war rating, which affects your multiplier and how many points you can win in a war during the season. Once the season starts everyone is at zero. The current season ranking is based entirely on how many points you earned in the first 3 wars.