**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we give Green Goblin Shock please?

This is both a suggestion and a request.

I think I understand why we are not seeing Shock in Green Goblins current kit. It was removed to make way for enfeeble which helps against Limbo and some other similar mechanics. Enfeeble is an awesome debuff, but let me point out why I think Shock should be added in as well.

1. In the comics canon he uses electricity. The lasers he fires from his gloves are supposed to be electrical blasts, and it even lists this feature when you look up his bio on Marvel or Wikipedia.

2. He originally was listed as having the Shock debuff in his leaked preview and frankly it makes perfect sense on the character. Basically he procs every damaging debuff except for bleed. Essentially the no-bleed debuff machine. Plus he needs the damage because it's a character that focuses almost entirely on high damage specials, but if he ever hits a poison immune or incinerate immune champion it's going to severely cut that damage and he has no other method to increase it (he can't stack fury buffs or anything like that after all and there is no mastery to pump up other types of debuff damage).

3. It feels right for him to have it. His bombs leave electrical energy behind, and he even has an "Electric Supercharge" synergy with Electro. If the only way to activate the Shock was to have him awakened or paired with Electro it would still be a welcome addition to his kit.

Lastly, it would just be great to have and it's not going to break Goblin if he does have it. I wouldn't worry that adding a low percentage chance to Shock on one of his specials is going to send his damage through the roof or somehow break him. If anything he needs a little bit of extra damage. So, basically it's doing every Goblin fan a favor, but there's no drawback to adding it in.

Please give Green Goblin his Shocks. Thank you.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That's the problem with leaked information. It's not the final release. I wouldn't agree with the thought that he needs something. He has alot going on as is.
  • SpielernameSpielername Posts: 132
    @GroundedWisdom Well he has alot going on for him but that doesn't mean that he's good at it.
    1. He's not very good at power controlling the opponent.
    2. His damage output is so low that it hurts. (Yea he's got the incinerate and poison debuff but the incinerat lasts 4 short seconds)
    3. If you could stack the 30% Sp. attack increase/decrease it could make him very valuable. Or even increase the % of less power the opponent can gain. It makes no sense to adress him as the strongest power controlling champion if almost every other powercontroller in the game is better at it then him.
    4. Why make him hit so weak? I understand there needs to be some variety but you make him a very below average champion in every field of view.
    Sincerely he needs some big changes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom Well he has alot going on for him but that doesn't mean that he's good at it.
    1. He's not very good at power controlling the opponent.
    2. His damage output is so low that it hurts. (Yea he's got the incinerate and poison debuff but the incinerat lasts 4 short seconds)
    3. If you could stack the 30% Sp. attack increase/decrease it could make him very valuable. Or even increase the % of less power the opponent can gain. It makes no sense to adress him as the strongest power controlling champion if almost every other powercontroller in the game is better at it then him.
    4. Why make him hit so weak? I understand there needs to be some variety but you make him a very below average champion in every field of view.
    Sincerely he needs some big changes.

The same arguments come with each Champ that is balanced but not overtly-powerful at first glance. Meaning, they're not all Hyperion and Stark. The more complex the mechanics and higher the Prestige, the less powerful their Base Attack will be. That's the balancing factor. Not always, but it's a general pattern. I think the argument stems from wanting New Champs to be OP.