**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

IS IT RIGHT TO SWITCH OFF PARRY (against MORDO)?

Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
Hi guys
I have reached 5.1.6 "Dark Angel" quest
There is a Mordo in and I have all 4/40 champs ( all unduped starky,medusa,archangel,luke cage & hawkeye)

Before i fight him, i thought of switching off my "Parry".
I would then switch it on after that fight is over

Is this recommended or shall i wait for the stun to get over and then start attacking???

( Note: this quest has the brute force node due to which degeneration occurs when we dont attack for 6 seconds )

Comments

• Options
    WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    Parry wait then he will heavy you most likely dex go ham. He’s not too hard when you get the hang of it
  • Options
    Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    Thank you all for the suggestion
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Parry wait then he will heavy you most likely dex go ham. He’s not too hard when you get the hang of it

This might be the safer suggestion. The one I said takes a little practice to get the timing right.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    if you have someone like iceman or spidergwen they can cancel out evade really early on
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Hamin said:

This might be the safer suggestion. The one I said takes a little practice to get the timing right.
    Agreed on both counts. Longterm I feel like mastering this helped me become a better player. I learned to be aware of the parry stun timer during every fight, not just Mordo. It's worth the practice.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Keep in mind that more often then not when he has a power gain buff he will just hold block especially if you have him in cornered. You can pretty safely heavy straight into his block when this happens.
    If he is not cornered, he will likely just back up when you charge your heavy.
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Quake and wait
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★

if you have someone like iceman or spidergwen they can cancel out evade really early on

Yeah She Hulk is a pretty decent counter for him as well.
  • Options
    TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    You can Also launch specials if he is stunned
  • Options
    JustAnotherDudeJustAnotherDude Posts: 61
    You could use someone who's first medium doesn't make contact to avoid the evade, like iron man iw.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Certain champs can bypass astral evade. Can’t remember all of them. But ant man is one of them
  • Options
    SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    How about night thrasher. I know Medusa and modok auto block fails with him. Will it work on mordos stun?
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Just learn to intercept or bait his heavy to
    Instigate attacks.

Then take him to 1 bar of power, wait, then bait, evade and punish his SP2 after his powergain finishes (he will go aggressive then).

Rinse and repeat.

Bleed champs generally destroy him. AA is great for him.