**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Fix the Blank Spinning Reel

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
Why is the spinning reel for crystals like the Daily Cavalier, AQ crystals and even the Basic 5* crystal (sometimes) blank?

I’m on an Xs on full WiFi or 3/4 bars on cell and I regularly get a reel of...nothing.

Since the reel doesn’t really matter, and now that it’s mostly invisible, can we just do away with that holdover anyway? It’s reminiscent of slot machines and feels like an awkward anachronism in an era increasingly hostile to the loot box/gambling approach.

Alternatively, just fix it. Sometimes I like to watch it to see what the possible results might be.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    Arsoz said:

Just pop

I do. But sometimes I don’t.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    The reel is fun and exciting(to me anyways) always has been! I pop all crystals except 4,5,and 6*s and the blank reel has been an issue for a long time. Would like to see a fix
  • Options

I never encountered this issue. I really like the reel as some kind of "window shopping" for 5* and 6* crystals, so I'd rather see it fixed than removed.

It’s strange. Let me see if I can SS it for you. And that’s similar to why I watch it. It’s kind of fun and provides at least a directional idea of what’s in a given crystal even if it’s not reliable.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Flappy_Ninja64Flappy_Ninja64 Posts: 109
    It's just that it is still loading slow because kabam doesn't care whether or not you have full bars of wifi
  • Options
    Here’s a pic of a Cav Daily. Better drop it in before this gets mothballed to the Bugs page.

Happens every day.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Username6435Username6435 Posts: 26
    Yeah, its seems to be a memory latency issue. It's trying to load an image it can't find before the animation process starts. And then it just kind of gives up while writing new data to the device and verifying info with the server.
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    It only seems to do that to me in lower tier crystals (PHC’s and daily crystals). 4* &5* crystals still work fine for me. It is strange that there would be blank boxes though. Doesn’t seem like it should take much of a connection to randomly generate a few images
  • Options
    Effect occurs on nearly all lower tier crystals, those occasionally fill in the blank a little as they go along. However, I had my first experience on a 5* basic this past week where it started with blanks and eventually filled in.

Like I said, just scrap it if it can’t be fixed. If I’m spinning on 1 bar with a Blackberry in Upper Mongolia, then I can understand it.

But not with full WiFi on an Xs in the developed world. This game has made too much money to be glitchy.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Getting rid of the stupid buggy spinner that means nothing as far as champ possibilities and isn't representative of the process for acquiring the champ is the best course of action IMO.