**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dungeon Griefing Needs A Fix!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

@GroundedWisdom Considering I see you want no change in any of the current formats, I don't understand the need to respond at all.Instead of saying "it is what it is, deal with it", just hit the disagree button and move on.

This is a conversation. People express views in it. The Disagree Button is not a way to avoid actual conversations, which have always been the goal of the Forum. Using our words has always and will always be encouraged in a constructive fashion.
    I get that it's frustrating, but we can't control it. There are Players of all different ranges and experience playing, and there's no getting around being Matched with people who don't play the same as us when using a Feature that gives random Matches. I really do understand. I hate when people ignore Nodes requested. I have a choice. I can either run it anyway, or leave. As annoying as it is, no one is perfect. The only way to prevent it is to add people that play on our level and play with them. One of the largest goals has always been connecting people in a game mode designed to connect new people. That comes with the good and the bad.
    You actually have no clue what matchmaking is do you? I'ts not about getting matched randomly and getting matched with someone with a team of lesser PI etc. In every other game where there is matchmaking it is to find ppl who matches with your roster and skill. As example look at LOL. I'm in platinum and whenever i search for a match i would NEVER but NEVER match with a bronze, silver or low lvl gold player. Not only is there rank but also mmr so if i match up with a gold player its because he has around the same mmr as me and we should be decently equal. I do however understand that in MCOC skill is hard to measure and to use in matchmaking BUT you are telling me it's fine to que up for D7 with a PI roster of 30k and match up with someone with 15k roster. This is not how matchmaking should work. If this post was about someone with the same pi etc dieing in room 1 then yes your point is valid that's uncontrollable because there is no measurement mechanic in skill in this game but the PI of 3 champs is not random and is full controlable, because this is a system a lot of other games implement in their matchmaking and with their i mean this mechanic is something that should always be in any type of matchmaking.
    Ofcoures you can give your opinion but like others have already said you can't say "oh yeah its prety bad but that's how it is and how it should be because of these random factors of LIFE". jjeeezus get a grip son, if something is bad and it looks like there are possibilities to fix it or improve it for the players then you should support it unless it has a very bad negative impact or is unethical.
    Atm it looks like you are like an EA representitive explaining these SURPRISE MECHANICS are ethical and they are how they should be.
    As last enjoy your Kinder Egg i hope you get a good toy.
    I know what I'm talking about with Matchmaking. There's a range of PI that runs each Dungeon. Anyone searching at that time within the range can be paired with you. There isn't enough people playing Dungeons to search for equal PI efficiently. You'd be waiting indefinitely for Matches.
    I would hardly call it unethical. If you don't want to take the risk, play with someone you know. That much is within our own control. There's a larger purpose to Dungeons than just means to another 5*.
  • Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 221 ★★
    KerayZ said:

The way the "find a partner" system is designed I strongly believe that room 1 of any dungeon should be a free-for-all. You can then decide if you want to even play with the person and advance to the next room. If you choose to move on to room 2 with the other player then at that point your champions should be locked and put on refresh cooldown of 4 days.

I like that idea a lot actually. You don't get a lot of points for leaving after room 1 so it would not be an exploit per se (even though I reckon some would abuse) but it's an elegant way of fixing this issue.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom either you really don't understand what this thread is about or you are trolling to get a reaction from people. I'm going to take the high road and assume you are just confused. If you choose to continue posting mindless dribble about how the game mechanics work (we already understand the way the matchmaking is designed ) hopefully a mod will remove you from this post so you aren't derailing it further.

I'll use small words so its easier to understand. Matchmaking is allowing people to be paired with underpowered teams in dungeons. The op is asking for ways to improve the matchmaking to allow someone to pick a partner with champs that should equal their own. It wont change the fact that some people will still lack the skills to complete the dungeons but it would at least let you bypass matchups that appear to have zero chances of getting through room 1.
    To your point about dungeons having a higher purpose than just getting the artifacts needed for a 5* if kabam wants this to solely be about interacting with new people there should not be a cooldown timer on your teams. As far as playing with people on your friends list to avoid bad matchmaking that is not the point of this thread. So please take the time to understand the thread and offer suggestions about the topic or resist the urge to continue posting on this thread and filling it with unhelpful thoughts
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

This was such a minor issue I cant help but think that bringing this level of attention is going to make it worse.

Sometimes noble causes are the worst causes to get behind cause you make a problem worse by telling the masses.its possible.

I think that people bringing 4*'s to D7 on a random matchmaking request is so widespread is kind of the reason we are here right?

This has happened to me on more than one occasion, sadly i've had to start doing it as well if my friends arent available to run all 5 rooms of d7.

it sucks cause after 1-2 rooms i can tell that other person might do better if those 4*s could take the chip damage better.

I understand you are more than capable of moving thru several rooms with your maxed 4*'s but not everyone is and from what i've seen most are just trying to get 1 or 2 rooms with someone on a favorable match who can to get the points needed for the milestones.

like mentioned in this thread, being able to do at least 1 room with out the 4 day cool down to get a sense of the other players skill and determine if you want to commit to further rooms.

or have the ability to see what champs the other person is bringing and bring in a similar team while still in the lobby.
  • Options
    Dshu said:

@GroundedWisdom either you really don't understand what this thread is about or you are trolling to get a reaction from people. I'm going to take the high road and assume you are just confused. If you choose to continue posting mindless dribble about how the game mechanics work (we already understand the way the matchmaking is designed ) hopefully a mod will remove you from this post so you aren't derailing it further.

I'll use small words so its easier to understand. Matchmaking is allowing people to be paired with underpowered teams in dungeons. The op is asking for ways to improve the matchmaking to allow someone to pick a partner with champs that should equal their own. It wont change the fact that some people will still lack the skills to complete the dungeons but it would at least let you bypass matchups that appear to have zero chances of getting through room 1.
    To your point about dungeons having a higher purpose than just getting the artifacts needed for a 5* if kabam wants this to solely be about interacting with new people there should not be a cooldown timer on your teams. As far as playing with people on your friends list to avoid bad matchmaking that is not the point of this thread. So please take the time to understand the thread and offer suggestions about the topic or resist the urge to continue posting on this thread and filling it with unhelpful thoughts

I know what the issue expressed is. I'm not trolling, and I'm not going to continue to assert that because it's getting borderline-personal. I'm expressing that those ranges are what you can Match with, and they're thought out. It's not underpowered in the hands of a skilled Player. It can also be what someone has left to run with after losing Recharges. Even if they aren't that good, you can't stop them from running and trying, and that's my point. We can't filter the people running the Dungeons in "Global". Does it suck to lose a Recharge? Sure. Use your best Teams with someone you know will run it. That IS the solution. Anything suggested here just creates a way for people to be rejected if their Team isn't what others want to play with, and that's not fair or feasible.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Anything suggested here just creates a way for people to be rejected if their Team isn't what others want to play with, and that's not fair or feasible.

Ehh I disagree on fair. Fairness is a tricky thing if I dont want to play with someone its perfectly fair to be able to not play.
    Feasible ehh maybe fair definitely. Honestly if I'm ever in this problem and I get a team I dont wanna play with I just leave the dungeon and dont move at all.

Wouldnt ie be more fair if I got to leave before hand and not waste that guys champs?
    I have 110 5 stars and 10 6s. I'm not bothered by wasting a cool down

Gen pop is all about Matching with randos. Not about want. Lol.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Anything suggested here just creates a way for people to be rejected if their Team isn't what others want to play with, and that's not fair or feasible.

Ehh I disagree on fair. Fairness is a tricky thing if I dont want to play with someone its perfectly fair to be able to not play.
    Feasible ehh maybe fair definitely. Honestly if I'm ever in this problem and I get a team I dont wanna play with I just leave the dungeon and dont move at all.

Wouldnt ie be more fair if I got to leave before hand and not waste that guys champs?

You will never remove my choice to refuse a player. I'll log off
    I guess...if you wanted to. Lol.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

You will never remove my choice to refuse a player. I'll log off
    I guess...if you wanted to. Lol.
    I do it now if I feel the other guys team isnt worth trying with. Just close the game come back later.
    I think a more fair option is letting me reject him then just burning his champs
    You also burn your own Champs doing that.
  • Options
    The whole idea is counterintuitive to the purpose of Dungeons. It's to connect people. Not reject them.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

The whole idea is counterintuitive to the purpose of Dungeons. It's to connect people. Not reject them.

The whole purpose of tinder is to connect to people as well should they make it by force? Cause I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
    It's not by force at all. You make the choice to enter Matchmaking. You don't like who you ran with? Don't add them.
    Sigh you arent following I wont play with people I dont want to.
    Foreign I leave
    no response in the beginning I leave.
    Low team I leave.

Your forcing me to run with them the one time I'm against that too.

Just saying fair let's you reject people
    No. Fair isn't rejecting people. They have to play as well. If you don't want to play with people you don't want to, you're free to add the ones you do to your List and run it with them. That's why we have it.
  • Options
    KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Oh hi! Yes I have not forgotten about this! ;)
  • Options
    I'd like this thread to get restarted cause man is this still frustrating.

So i had some time to grind some dungeons yesterday with spiderverse champs, my normal dungeon buddy's were busy as is to be expected on a Monday.

decided to run some lower dungeons with max 3*'s and r3 4*'s using the random matchmaking feature.

i'm so glad i didnt use any of my 5*'s for this cause boy did i match up with some folks that dont understand the game at all or are purposely sabotaging for lolz.

i know 3*'s and 4*'s have a much shorter cool down so i can try again at some point but it would be nice to have the ability to re-roll a match after the first room and not have to suffer the cooldown period.

also its been mentioned in this thread to "wait for friends", yes that is the preferable option but sometimes its hard to match up schedules when you make friends from all over the world thanks to this game.

Lets try to have a reasonable conversation about possible solutions instead of blaming people for being impatient because they didnt wait for a friend to make time for dungeons.
  • Options
    yeah when are we going to get an answer on this or are we? anyone? @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    hi
  • Options
    still no comment on this from Kabam?

even a message saying "we appreciate the feedback and will look into some of the suggestions."