**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

'If only I had one more party slot available...'

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
So I started trying out Map 5 a bit today, and I stumbled across a problem that reminded me of back when I played Pokemon...
The term, as I recall, was called '4 move-slot syndrome' and was attributed to certain Pokemon that would be absolutely ridiculous in the competitive scene, if not for the fact that there was a limit of 4 moves the Pokemon could learn, because they'd need a certain 5 moves available to dominate, and therefore users of that Pokemon would have to decide which move to miss out on, and therefore what situations they wouldn't dominate in, which other Pokemon to bring in to cover that one's shortcomings, etc.

As I was having to choose my champions for taking on Map 5, I struggled greatly on this sort of problem; one more champ slot and I would have been ready for pretty much everything.
At base, I chose Spider-Gwen. She's got amazing damage output and is generally great for path clearing.
But I have to bring someone for killing the second Morningstar boss. Do I bring Venom and a bleed-immune and miss out on a second good option for Morningstar, or do I bring Blade and GR/Dorm to help Blade out and so have 2 options for taking morningstar down? (I mean before I realised the Masochism fights were stupidly easy, I was planning to use Blade to take those fights down too, but hey they were ~7k opponents so they were nothing compared to 5.2.4...)
And I've had this sort of problem with questing, too. If I had 6 party slots, I'd be set for so much more of the matchups I face on that path.

I'm not saying that Kabam should increase the party cap. I'm fine with them as they are; I think it encourages strategising and having to figure out 'hey what do I think will be easiest to overcome without a straight up counter to it?' or 'would it be worthwhile me using this as an opportunity to practice overcoming this challenge without this champ I usually use to overcome it?'. I'm guessing more planning went into making this part of the game balanced, and I think that the developers deserve at least some level of praise for that.
But have you ever been in that situation? Have you ever thought 'oh if only I could bring one more champ in...'? I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.