**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Generic 5* AG

UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 5,400 ★★★★★
I know I know, generic ag's are extremely precious and should only be used on those benefiting from it the most.

But I'm sure all of you know this feeling of somewhat just wanting to use one.

Now, what I'm interested in would be whether one of you awesome people on here could make a good case for any of the following champs I've narrowed it down to. Mind you, without a really good case I won't be using it on anyone and just keep it until I'm pulling aegon or something like that, although I'm not really fond of that lol.

Iron man iw (r4)
Domino (r4)
Emma frost (r4)
Night thrasher (r3 but I have a 3 -> 4 skill gem)
Darkhawk (r3 - not really swimming in t2a right now, so this would need a really good case)

Other than darkhawk I'm basically just a stone throw away from taking any of them to r5 as well.

I'd heavily appreciate your thoughts on that, even if it's the typical "wait for someone better you chump".

Thanks in advance, folks.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Hmm....really good options. It would be between Dom and Emma for me.
  • Options
    PazinatorPazinator Posts: 69
    Under no circumstances would I recommend using a GENERIC on any of these champs. A generic should be used on a game changer character like Aegon, omega, ghost,AA ect. Champs that get Huge benefit and become a 10/10 to play.
  • Options
    WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    I don't think you should use it at the moment, unless your team is really lacking in completing whichever content you're trying to go for next. Nothing wrong with waiting for a bit good luck!
  • Options
    digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Woozie said:

I don't think you should use it at the moment, unless your team is really lacking in completing whichever content you're trying to go for next. Nothing wrong with waiting for a bit good luck!

Agreed, just wait. Domino doesn’t need the be awakened and the others are good but not great with sig unless high sig. Also, don’t sleep on DarkHawk. Reliable regeneration, good damage in Null mode and double immune make ry useful.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Out of your list, only night thrasher and dark hawk are worthy to get awakened. Domino doesn't need it, Emmas Sig scaling is not that great and at max Sig you can tank sp3s with 15% health loss so not that great and reverse controls benefits only on defence. Both hawk and night thrasher they need their signature much more. But having said that I would use a class Gem and not generic on them really. Aegon , Blade, Omega, namor, void, AA these guys are generic worthy. Goodluck buddy. I know it's really difficult to keep on saving but that's how they built this game.
  • Options
    BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Darkhawk is the only one here who benifits in a really big way from his dupe! If you wanna have a supersexy r4 duped Darkhawk, maybe even r5,. then go for him!
    I think youre having enough really strong Options to take this step!
    Some People would say: Wait for OR, Medusa or Deadpool X Force, but with Domino and Emma you already have two top champs and if you add darkhawk, another one would be added to them!
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Great, now everybody's going to hate this thread. Just kidding lol.

I really like emma and domino and either of them would be an exceptionally nasty defender in the tier my alliance is in. It would kind of feel like a "taking one for the team"-type of choice, though.
    I would choose emma rather than domino, though, since at max sig she can basically tank sp3's like iceman under the right circumstances, right?

Could emma be an option against the 6.1 crossbones boss? That's actually the biggest reason for darkhawk even being on my list of possible candidates lol.

And night thrasher just looks so tasty and fun with his furies and his taunts and his nollie 360 flips (I actually don't know a thing about skateboarding).

Maybe this could be of interest:

I'm also holding both a mystic and a cosmic 5* ag, so waiting for any awesome champ of those classes wouldn't be nessecary in this case.

On top of that my main champ is an awakened cap iw, with a nice synergy with night thrasher? Maybe?

Either way, big thanks for your thoughts on this.
    Emma’s sig is broken I’m pretty sure though
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

I really like emma and domino and either of them would be an exceptionally nasty defender in the tier my alliance is in. It would kind of feel like a "taking one for the team"-type of choice, though.
    I would choose emma rather than domino, though, since at max sig she can basically tank sp3's like iceman under the right circumstances, right?

Could emma be an option against the 6.1 crossbones boss? That's actually the biggest reason for darkhawk even being on my list of possible candidates lol.

And night thrasher just looks so tasty and fun with his furies and his taunts and his nollie 360 flips (I actually don't know a thing about skateboarding).

I'm also holding both a mystic and a cosmic 5* ag, so waiting for any awesome champ of those classes wouldn't be nessecary in this case.

On top of that my main champ is an awakened cap iw, with a nice synergy with night thrasher? Maybe?

I remember seeing some threads about her sig not working as expected, when she has full power or something?

If that's (still) the case she's definitely out of the picture for now.
    Ye I’m pretty sure what’s happening is she takes the normal sp3 damage then goes into diamond mode
  • Options
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

I remember seeing some threads about her sig not working as expected, when she has full power or something?

If that's (still) the case she's definitely out of the picture for now.
    Ye I’m pretty sure what’s happening is she takes the normal sp3 damage then goes into diamond mode
    Working as intended....
    Actually Emma doesnt have a broken sig, she just benefits from it for defense

Darkhawk vs Crossbones, i am not sure mate @UmbertoDelRio , but i know he will Change a lot for you! He is gonna be also superfun go Play! And None of the other champs will help more when awakened, because their dupe will just give them more defensive potential...
    I think that one game changer is enough, my brother got ghost and he did cavalier 5 weeks after that...
    I got Vtd and i wreck Content with him, too!
    So if you like what you see on YouTube, then its youre decision :P
  • Options
    HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    edited July 2019
    Do not use it on any of those champions. The 5* generic gem is so rare that it is wasted on all but a select few. Champions you should use it on are (in this order):
    - Aegon
    - Omega Red
    - Medusa

Domino does not need to be awakened and critical failure doesn't do much outside of AW defense. But seriously, don't use it lol. Of the champions you mentioned, Emma Frost or Darkhawk(?) are the best choices. But I wouldn't use my generic gem on someone that impacts only AW (like Emma)...
  • Options
    No Problem, i hope i could help you, even though its up to you to look up wether you think duped DH is worth it!
    Btw, where did you got a generic 5 star AG from?
  • Options
    Yeah, i think wait one or 2 wont be too bad. If you pull deadpool x force you would be sad you used the gem on DH.... :smirk:
    An other choice may be to wait until day 91 of the appreciation calendary, you may be lucky and get tech, and furthermore you get some more 5 stars until then. But otherwhiles, you are right, hes definitly worth dupe!
    Ps: For offense, max sig not necessary, i guess, sig 50 would do the same Job a litlle weaker