**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Stealth spidey

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
So question on stealth spidey .. when he gets a random web cartridge at start of fight .. is it truly random? or is it dependant on the opponent ?

I ask, because I've run several fights against him using Ghost .. and every time he gets the web foam ... every single time.
Vs other opponents, (ie Iceman), I've never seen him get foam.

I know I'm working off a small data set (5 fights) .. so that's why I wanted to ask here ... are the cartridges set vs certain opponents and such? or are they purely RNG, and I've just had my typical bad luck :) hehe

Comments

• Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    If you don't select the debuff before the fight using stealth spideys pre fight ability, then it will always be web foam.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    No, in EQ .. fighting vs Stealth spidey ..

I'm using Ghost ..
    Oh, okay. He chooses his debuff based on which champ you fight him with. Ghost will always trigger web foam then. Did that clear things up?
    Yeah, now followup ... where does it spell that out in the champ desription .. and how do you know which one he'll use for each champ ? Surely if it's "fixed" like that for something .. there is some logic to it .. ?

Where can I see that logic ?
    Its one of the nodes in the eq that does that
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I believe the 'flash bang' one is the default ability which he'll always get if you're fighting him. But for this EQ specifically, I think it's one of the nodes which allows him to choose a different cartridge depending on the opponent.
    edited July 2019

I believe the 'flash bang' one is the default ability which he'll always get if you're fighting him. But for this EQ specifically, I think it's one of the nodes which allows him to choose a different cartridge depending on the opponent.

Right, so is there any expansion on the logic of that node then ? or is just another kabam "we'll hide the logic, and you're supposed to guess?" :P

• Hey there, this is likely occurring in the event quest because of the Great Power Comes Great Utility node, which states that it causes Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) to start the fight loaded with a different Web Cartridge depending on the Opponent he is facing.

Hey there, this is likely occurring in the event quest because of the Great Power Comes Great Utility node, which states that it causes Spider-Man (Stealth Suit) to start the fight loaded with a different Web Cartridge depending on the Opponent he is facing.

Thanks for confirming that ..
    are you able to confirm which cartridge is used for which opponent? Or at least, basically what the logic is ?

it'd be nice to have a clue of what we're facing before we get there :)

so far, I'm guessing:

If has ability (phasing, invisibility, evasion) then web foam.
    if has ability (power gain) then Tranquilizer
    else Flash bang?

is that about right? or is the tranq priority over web foam ? (makes a diff if champs have multiple abilities :) )