**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Darkhawk

JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
So....

I’ve had a tech 4-5 gem for maybe 6months (since 100% variant 1). But already had a r5 stark.

Was waiting for ghost, sentinel or darkhawk. Very little experience with any of them but I know they’re great.

Pulled a 5* darkhawk, and took him to r3, but I’m not seeing much online about him at r5. I can take him up to 5 and awaken him to sig 120 now but I’m hesitating.

I understand the getting to null mode for big damage, and generally how he works. Just not seeing what role he fills in my roster.

Can you guys give me the pros and cons. Talk to me about this robot.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DH is great.

He by passes delirium (act 6, map 7), regen, can take omega red mini bosses on map 7. Slight power control. Obviously really long heal block (buffet, maso, arc overload).

Personally he goes on my team for most lanes in act 6 unless I need space for gates. Always good to have a heal blocker with big damage on the team with immunities. And he’s pretty easy to use. Smash buttons and win 😂.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Hes one of my 5/65 and he has solo the past few eq bosses
  • JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★

What does he fulfill that I don’t have? Aside from having another 5/65?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    That's kind of the wrong question - Darkhawk is about versatility: he can fill lots of roles effectively. If you don't know what enemies you're facing in a quest, he's a really good champion option. There are probably better champions in each specific area, but he's a great Swiss Army Knife Champion.

Has really good damage potential for a double immune champ; who often have pillow hands.

Specifically, DH has pretty good passive power control in Stealth mode; and if he's Awakened he gets increased offensive Power Gain at the same time; helping you spam SP2 to stay in Stealth, whilst denying your opponent a lot of power.

In the small print, he's got 100% Armour penetration on wing attacks, which can come in handy for some of Kabam's insanely high armour nodes, or opponents like Emma Frost.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Has anyone used him for Crossbones boss in act 6? I am in the similar position myself, just pulled him as a five star, took him to rank 3, used an awakening gem and stones on him...I know he would be a good rankup for biohazard anyway, but I really want to push for cavalier and haven't made it through Crossbones yet. Anyone use a rank 4 on him?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★

Has anyone used him for Crossbones boss in act 6? I am in the similar position myself, just pulled him as a five star, took him to rank 3, used an awakening gem and stones on him...I know he would be a good rankup for biohazard anyway, but I really want to push for cavalier and haven't made it through Crossbones yet. Anyone use a rank 4 on him?

The global node on CB makes DH ineffective. You need to get to an l3 to heal block, but in order to do so, CB also needs to get to an l3.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    The thing is, his synergy with NT/MK is really good. It lets him start each fight in a random node. You have a 2/3 chance for success (null and stealth modes are great. Shield is meh but still get shock damage on block). If you get lucky and start in null mode, most fights will be over by the time it expires.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    He was my first 2/35 6*, and no regrets due to the utility described above. Also, I like running suicides at the start of each month to clear Uncollected EQ with my 5/65 Omega Red, and DH works great with suicides and already has a high base damage level to begin with.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Raganator said:

The global node on CB makes DH ineffective. You need to get to an l3 to heal block, but in order to do so, CB also needs to get to an l3.
    That is...disappointing lol. I still need a good double immune for other game areas so I'm probably gonna rank 4 him, but I really wanted a solid counter for crossbones instead of sinking units into it. And I have seen people talk about using corvus for burst damage but I don't trust that I can do that without burning a bunch of resources I don't want to.

Still, darkhawk is awesome and I've seen a few people pull him lately
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    I pulled him 5*. Do you think he is worth ranking unduped?. I already have an r4 Ghost and there arent really any good tech champs out there worth ranking unless I pull a stark Spidy but the chances for that...
    Op’s Question is moot after posting the 6* darkhawk. While not awakened, could happen any pull.
    Jaded said:

Op’s Question is moot after posting the 6* darkhawk. While not awakened, could happen any pull.

True, but I doubt he’d go to r2. Probably gonna r2 Thing next.

But it’s starting to sound like darkhawk is not my guy. I have champs that do all of his things. And I haven’t seen any outrageous damage videos of him (seeing is believing). Just doesn’t seem to add value to my roster. But damn I hate waiting longer to use this damn 4-5 gem.😡

Guess I’ll keep holding out for ghost or sentinel, or maybe pull a mysterio.
    Jerkobson said:

Jaded said:

But it’s starting to sound like darkhawk is not my guy. I have champs that do all of his things. And I haven’t seen any outrageous damage videos of him (seeing is believing). Just doesn’t seem to add value to my roster. But damn I hate waiting longer to use this damn 4-5 gem.😡

Honestly mate I also hate waiting so pull triggers when I see something I like/enjoy. Darkhawk is key for much in map 7 and act 6. A few things you don’t have a perfect counter to. If that’s on par with what you are doing/working on. Then it’s worth it.
    Jaded said:

Jerkobson said:

Jaded said:

Honestly mate I also hate waiting so pull triggers when I see something I like/enjoy. Darkhawk is key for much in map 7 and act 6. A few things you don’t have a perfect counter to. If that’s on par with what you are doing/working on. Then it’s worth it.
    Yeah, I’m finishing up 6.1 explore then on to 6.2 explore.

In an alliance with guys I’ve played with since the game came out, but we only run map 5 (yawn). But I don’t see us movyto 6 or 7 anytime soon (friends over rewards)

What sort of things am I missing that darkhawk does? I’m totally in a roster blind zone and not seeing it.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

That's kind of the wrong question - Darkhawk is about versatility: he can fill lots of roles effectively. If you don't know what enemies you're facing in a quest, he's a really good champion option. There are probably better champions in each specific area, but he's a great Swiss Army Knife Champion.

Has really good damage potential for a double immune champ; who often have pillow hands.

Specifically, DH has pretty good passive power control in Stealth mode; and if he's Awakened he gets increased offensive Power Gain at the same time; helping you spam SP2 to stay in Stealth, whilst denying your opponent a lot of power.

In the small print, he's got 100% Armour penetration on wing attacks, which can come in handy for some of Kabam's insanely high armour nodes, or opponents like Emma Frost.

^What he said, Darkhawk's a very Versatile Champion. He was a great War Champion for back when every Defender was hidden because, again like Mag said, he's like a Swiss Army Knife. He's like a better Iron Man Infinity War in that regard, though guess you could say IMIW is the Defense Main and DH is the Offensive Main.
    Jerkobson said:

Jaded said:

Jerkobson said:

Jaded said:

In an alliance with guys I’ve played with since the game came out, but we only run map 5 (yawn). But I don’t see us movyto 6 or 7 anytime soon (friends over rewards)

What sort of things am I missing that darkhawk does? I’m totally in a roster blind zone and not seeing it.
    Like I said it’s just a few things. The reason I put my darkhawk up to r5 are...
    Delirium - I’ve got 6* nebs but she doesn’t hit hard.
    Immunity
    And his null mode with sig 200 hits harder then blade with danger sense w/starky. But he can get that vs anyone.

Also an example. 6.1.6 final boss sentinel at full analysis my darkhawk in no mode was still hitting over 1k mediums. Blade with danger sense wasn’t hitting thar hard.
    Jaded said:

Jerkobson said:

Jaded said:

Jerkobson said:

Jaded said:

Like I said it’s just a few things. The reason I put my darkhawk up to r5 are...
    Delirium - I’ve got 6* nebs but she doesn’t hit hard.
    Immunity
    And his null mode with sig 200 hits harder then blade with danger sense w/starky. But he can get that vs anyone.

Also an example. 6.1.6 final boss sentinel at full analysis my darkhawk in no mode was still hitting over 1k mediums. Blade with danger sense wasn’t hitting thar hard.
    Thanks, that’s helpful.

I actually did the delirium path already. Sentinel boss has been a pain but not insurmountable.

I think I’m gonna hold out...
    Unless I don’t pull a better champ in a month or so.🤣