**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

First marvel comic you ever read

2»

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Early on, my father would bring back from business trips those giant-sized Marvel comics from the airport stores (think: about the size of a large placemat) for me as a surprise. I still have a copy of Jack Kirby’s 2001: A Space Odyssey, but that one seems to early to have been the first comic I ever read.

Probably, it was one like these old Spidey and Hulk giant-sized, which were compilations of stories recently published by Marvel. Good times...

Dr. Zola

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★

The Amazing Spider-Man #1: Spider-Man Meets the Fantastic Four
    March 1963

It had been from my dad's old collection of comics in a crate he'd kept in our basement along with a lot of others. He had some old Star Wars ones in there too, but that was the first Marvel Superhero one I read. I really have no idea where it is anymore.

That is incredibly cool, Vydious.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    Never read the comics as i wasnt even born during the times they were made as i was born in 1989 lol.

Anyways i fell in love with Marvel due to the animation tv shows and believe or not it was either the original spiderman or X men series that i was watching on fox that made me love Marvel to this day.

Heck i still watch all the animated series that marvel makes and also a star wars animated as well but that is another story for another time lol.
  • Options
    Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    The infinity gauntlet series,still my favorite ever since.
  • Options
    BogiaBogia Posts: 125
    Back when I used to collect and read comic books (late eighties/early nineties), Marvel was actually my least favorite publisher. I was super into Legends of the Dark Night, Lobo and eventually Spawn when McFarlane started Image Comics.

I couldn't even guess which one was the first that I read, but I know that I had some Wolverine (didn't like the rest of the X-men at all), some Punisher, mostly the Armory series, and the Spider Man ones that Todd McFarlane illustrated. There was a crossover event that included 10 or so books from several different lines that I bought, but I don't even remember what the event was. I remember the story being hard to follow since it involved so many different lines that I wasn't familiar with at all.
  • Options
    PalistesPalistes Posts: 161 ★★
    Not sure what my first comic was, but I love the Mark Gruenwald era of Captain America.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,813 ★★★★★

Never read the comics as i wasnt even born during the times they were made as i was born in 1989 lol.

You know they've never stopped making comics, right?
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

You know they've never stopped making comics, right?
    I am well aware of that, and amazed people are still into comics to this day lol
  • Options
    ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    I can't remember for sure but I think Kraven's last Hunt is one of the first comic books I've read
  • Options
    WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    The first one I ever read was the very first Fantastic Four. I got a FF compendium from the library and that was the first one in the book. I didn’t read any other marvel comics besides FF for a very long time, and they’re still one of my favorite Marvel groups.
  • Options
    MassapealMassapeal Posts: 143
    The first marvel comic I ever read was a Fantastic Four comic from the late 80's, where Thing fights Wrecker.