**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Frustrated by the Class Trip gating

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
Gate 1: Shield tokens
Gate 2: Permission Slips
Gate 3: Story mode progression determines what type of permission slips you are allowed to buy
Gate 4: High Energy requirements
Gate 5: Literal gates in the event that require a specific champ that requires RNG to obtain or beating the champ 50 times in the last week

Once you deal with all that hassle, you are rewarded with mediocre items.

Gwenpool event only required energy, had better rewards, was crazy fun, and had an interesting story.
They should never have compared this to the Gwenpool event.

Please give us back the relatively open world of challenge you used to provide.
I don't need Kabam acting as a parent, telling me what I am ready for.

I want to push myself without worrying that spending Shield tokens/permission slips on Epic (that I might not be ready for) will leave me short for fully exploring Master (assuming I can get all the gate champs)

Comments

• Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    If I remember right, it also let you dupe any characters you already had.
    By the end of the event, most my 2 stars were awakened and I could finally see some awakened abilities.

Every potential cloud in Gwenpool had a silver lining.
    Class Trip is just clouds.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    binrak said:

It took me one week to get 2 epic permission tickets when I enter chapter 1 forgot to bring Spidey and GG lost one ticket.

I assume you mean on the second attempt? because there are 3 paths, one path you dont need either. The other 2 paths you require EITHER ONE, not both.
    TwmR said:

Can we please stop this nonsense about gwenpool event had better rewards, it's just not true there were nothing in the rewards for gwenpool other than hero crystals.
    Rank up materials are more valuable than crystals!!!

To be fair She had better champ rewards, if you only compare epic to epic. If you compare event to event the rewards in this one is massively better, but they also distributed the 5* crystals between epic and master so you need to do both.
  • kicsiheadkicsihead Posts: 32
    F. kabam gives you hardcore events and rewards only make sense if you fully make it. But you can do everything you want to with money XD
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

TwmR said:

Can we please stop this nonsense about gwenpool event had better rewards, it's just not true there were nothing in the rewards for gwenpool other than hero crystals.
    Rank up materials are more valuable than crystals!!!

To be fair She had better champ rewards, if you only compare epic to epic. If you compare event to event the rewards in this one is massively better, but they also distributed the 5* crystals between epic and master so you need to do both.
    Well that’s debatable on which one had better rewards. Just as an example the gwenpool one had two legendary crystals (3 if you include masters which we aren’t) and this one has one. 80% chance to land a 4* that I can’t even use. Gwen pool epic had a full 5* crystal (themed), this one doesn’t.

Now this one does have t5bc and more t2a. So better is a relative word compared to what each individual player is looking for. For me, I’m looking for new shiny 5*/6* champs. Resources are easy to obtain. So in theory I could make it through this event with a 5* KK and some extra t2a and t5bc shards.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Gate 3: Story mode progression determines what type of permission slips you are allowed to buy

Can you clarify this, because I’m not sure I understand. If you are saying that you’re a level 5 who is in Act 1 and you can’t access epic, then that’s kind of a duh. That’s how progression works. You beat something and then you’re able to go to the next level. Tons of games implement something like this to make sure players are prepared for each quest in the game. You shouldn’t be able to just access everything in the game when you start. That’s not how progression works.
    There is a summoner on the forums upset that they are level 42 (over the listed requirement of level 40 for Epic) but they are not allowed to buy Epic tickets for the class trip.
    They do AQ/AW and EQ's and not story mode, so they don't have the Title required to participate (although I never saw a title requirement listed, just a summoner level).

I think, if you think you have the talent and the roster, you should be able to try whatever level you want.
    You get beat badly, but you get to see what is down the road and what you can improve.

Funny bunny 😂

kicsihead said:

F. kabam gives you hardcore events and rewards only make sense if you fully make it. But you can do everything you want to with money XD

Fred Kabam? Never met the guy.
    Okay guys. Good to confuse some gamers. 😂😂😂😂
    Gwenpool. I 100% the entire event and got 3 5 star characters.

You might be able to do that with Class Trips, but the Gating makes it nearly impossible.
    Denslo500 said:

You might be able to do that with Class Trips, but the Gating makes it nearly impossible.

And zero rank up materials. In this event you just need to do epic and master to get the same possible rewards, + rank up rewards.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

I don’t think 3 is possible. And only guarantees 1 5* if you do masters/epic. Which first gate is massively grind the poop out of the game for shield markers just at a chance to complete both.
    And that was back when 5 stars were the kings and 4 stars mattered.

The equivalent now would be 1-2 full 6 star characters.
    Denslo500 said:

And that was back when 5 stars were the kings and 4 stars mattered.

The equivalent now would be 1-2 full 6 star characters.

Ok, now I think you are just trolling. It was a couple months ago.
    It was last summer.
    I think it was even July. September at the latest.
    definitely not a couple (2) months ago.
    It was how I got my 1st 5 star (ultron).
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Gate 1: Shield tokens
    Gate 2: Permission Slips
    Gate 4: High Energy requirements
    Gate 5: Literal gates in the event that require a specific champ that requires RNG to obtain or beating the champ 50 times in the last week

Once you deal with all that hassle, you are rewarded with mediocre items.

Gwenpool event only required energy, had better rewards, was crazy fun, and had an interesting story.
    They should never have compared this to the Gwenpool event.

Please give us back the relatively open world of challenge you used to provide.
    I don't need Kabam acting as a parent, telling me what I am ready for.

I want to push myself without worrying that spending Shield tokens/permission slips on Epic (that I might not be ready for) will leave me short for fully exploring Master (assuming I can get all the gate champs)

A few things.

Don’t compare any event to gpgttm.

I agree that the inability to reasonably obtain a champ you don’t have is a little poorly thought out. I just think the spider crystals have too many people in them. They could’ve avoided this by awarding a 3* of both gate types from completion, a la the avengers event.

The shield things also are sorta tedious. You either get a 5* spider champ (rng) or you’ve got a lot of fighting with only spider people ahead. This isn’t exactly an issue, but since you only have so much energy, it’s hard to play with champs that you find fun. I don’t know about everyone else, but I change up my A-team frequently when I get bored of different champs.

All in all, it’s a great event, but a few tweaks could’ve made it better.
    The Kabam team compared it to Gwenpool when they released it.
    They said it was similar, but more difficult (harder fights) and better rewards.

A 5* last year, should be a 6* this year just to have equivalent rewards.
  • UHJ69UHJ69 Posts: 132
    edited July 2019
    Denslo500 said:

They said it was similar, but more difficult (harder fights) and better rewards.

I personally prefer the rank-up material rewards to another shot at a 5* (or 6*) Magneto. The energy cost kinda sucks, but the shield markers aren't hard to acquire if you play enough (and you have an entire month to accumulate them). Wish that epic did reward a five star spider-verse champ instead of the legendary crystal though.
    My main complaint is the gating (hence the title of the discussion).
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    the gwenpool event was fun? it was just autofighting, no different from beginner, how is that fun in any way?
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Denslo500 said:

A 5* last year is not equivalent to a 6* now. 5*s were much easier to get last year than 6* are now