**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Beast Regen is broken?

Since the update my duped beast is not regenerating when in acrobatic mode. I don't even see the move counter changing unlike in free style mode. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I've confirmed that this is broken. Please escalate this.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I've confirmed that it is not broken

zu560phr11d3.png
    Bizarre. So I first noticed this in 5.1 but there was no heal block or anything that should have prevented the Regen. So then I confirmed it in duels, it happened to be against NC.

After seeing @AxeCopFire post I tried another duel against king Groot and the Regen actually worked. But something didn't seem right so I tried another duel against aa and it is not working (I didn't have any debuffs from aa so ability accuracy shouldn't be an issue ).

I have the video against aa but not sure how to upload it. I'll upload it later tonight but something seems off.

I hope I'm wrong and overlooking something foolish so I welcome the results of anyone else.
  • I never knew hoe to proc it in the first place. Lol.
    is he worth a 4/40?
    @Dusky_Dawn I'd watch Joel lines video on him. I'm a big fan of beast (only if he is duped), but after taking him to r4, I pulled 2 x23s and an AA. Needless to say he'll be stuck at r4 for awhile bc of these pulls. Nothing against beast though.

I like him a lot in AQ bc of both his survivability and his power management in acrobatic mode. In free style mode his damage is very good. So both modes are effective. However I have GR and DV as my lane clearers so beast doesn't always get action bc I like running with 2 boss killers alongside DV or GR (and beast is no boss killer). In aw, i heard he's a risk against md so I haven't brought him to war.

Lastly I heard beast is effective against the collector when he's in the acrobatic mode. I plan to try this this week.
    Okay here are the videos.

Beast versus AA in duel:
    https://goo.gl/photos/7TbrivmT27v8HiLV6

Beast versus SL in duel:
    https://goo.gl/photos/g5J4Jvrfo2g7XTRM8

Note, that I did fight against WW2 in the arenas and it worked fine. I also fought against Wolverine (to match @AxeCopFire 's screenshot) in duel and it worked fine there too.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Based on TanksForPlaying's videos and my own testing the bug happens when you switch modes while the current mode is in cooldown (timer is counting down), successfull or not, causes the mode you activated to bug and not let you build/start a chain combo. If you switch modes after it bugs the mode will then let you build combos.
    I think @CoatHang3r might be right. Here is a video of a fight against wolverine in arena where I don't wait for the cooldown timer to reset and the regen does not work:
    https://goo.gl/photos/TtDczkqsBRBEMUKo8

Note that my fight against Wolverine in duel and @AxeCopFire 's screenshot indicate that there are instances where the regen works against wolverine.

Can we get someone to look into this and get an ETA for a fix?
    Looks like the team is looking into this:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/14923/beasts-regen-broken-under-investigation

I'll link my videos to the discussion thread above so this one can be closed.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Thanks for the videos and extra info! I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, so anyone looking into this issue please check here. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.