**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about Combos

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
Hey guys,

In comparing the MLLLM and the LLLLL combos, does anyone know if they produce a significant difference in damage output? Or offer other benefits?

Has anyone here or on Youtube done an analysis on it?

I ask because it's much easy to do an LLLLL combo than the MLLLM one (with all the swiping you have to do), instead of just keep pounding the screen.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Well if you do all light attacks, you can only do 4, so that already decreases your damage output. Medium attacks are by nature more damaging than their light attack counterparts. If you do a basic combo you’ll see the difference in damage output between a medium and a light. MLLLM will always generally offer the best damage output. There are exceptions to this, like Luke Cage where MLLLL is the best combo because it gives Luke 4 chances to place an exhaustion debuff on the opponent resulting in a higher attack for him.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Oh never noticed you can only do 4 light attacks... why is it that you can do more hits by combining medium and lights?
    OK, then let me rephrase the question then.

The difference between a MLLLL attack vs MLLLM, is there a huge difference in damage output? Because it's quite tricky to do that final swipe instead of just do a tap tap tap to end the combo.

It's also harder to fire off a special after the swipe compare to just a tap. From my experience you get blocked or parried a lot more when you end with a Medium compared to a Light attack.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    You shouldn’t get parried or blocked more by doing MLLLM vs MLLLL. Just have to get into the rhythm of the chains. If it’s one or two combos, MLLLM won’t provide massively more damage than MLLLL, but for longer fights that damage adds up. It’s a few hundred to a couple thousand HP difference between a M and a L depending on champ rank. However, it is worth noting that some champs parry a lot easier after a final L hit than a M. Starlord and Iceman come to mind. Just practice and test it out and find something you’re comfortable with. The most important thing is to find a style that works for you. If MLLLL is easier and grants you more success, by all means keep it up.
    V1PER1987 said:

You shouldn’t get parried or blocked more by doing MLLLM vs MLLLL. Just have to get into the rhythm of the chains. If it’s one or two combos, MLLLM won’t provide massively more damage than MLLLL, but for longer fights that damage adds up. It’s a few hundred to a couple thousand HP difference between a M and a L depending on champ rank. However, it is worth noting that some champs parry a lot easier after a final L hit than a M. Starlord and Iceman come to mind. Just practice and test it out and find something you’re comfortable with. The most important thing is to find a style that works for you. If MLLLL is easier and grants you more success, by all means keep it up.

With the tap for L, you can press the special button straight after and the special is instantaneous. With the swipe for M, you don't know when to press the special button - is it at the beginning of the swipe? Is it in the middle of the swipe? is it at the end of the swipe? There is a greater margin for error and I find that because of that sometimes there is a 'gap' or a 'pause' between the M and the combo and that's when I usually get blocked or parried.