**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does Maestro break Cap’s shield during S3?

Google turned up nothing for this. Is there some point for him breaking Cap's shield? It's especially weird since the shield is like a trophy to him, so to break it just before smacking you seems pointless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Really curious why the animators did this! :)

Comments

• Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    To show his strength.
  • SuperSleightSuperSleight Posts: 46
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    To show his strength.

Of course, that's obvious, but that alone doesn't seem to have any purpose. Why would he break something he values so highly?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    OP is only wondering if there is an Easter Egg behind it, shame there isn't... be much cooler if there was a reason.
    Maestro has so many shields and swords that if he had more of the same ones they wouldn't be rare. Also it's probably a spit in the face of the Collector to break something rare.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    I've had this question in mind for over a year. Or when ever act 4 came out. I asked some super marvel lovers that question and they didn't know either. Hopefully Kabam responds.

I'm assuming it's something as simple as - it's him showing how strong he is, breaking a shield that's almost indestructible. ..something like that
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    I've had this question in mind for over a year. Or when ever act 4 came out. I asked some super marvel lovers that question and they didn't know either. Hopefully Kabam responds.

I'm assuming it's something as simple as - it's him showing how strong he is, breaking a shield that's almost indestructible. ..something like that

Yeah but he isn't that strong, I gave him a good ass whooping XD
    Nerfed Dr. Strange still kicked his butt for me.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    OP is only wondering if there is an Easter Egg behind it, shame there isn't... be much cooler if there was a reason.

Not really an easter egg, but the point behind Maestro is to show he killed all the other avengers and took their stuff. He wears part of the Iron Man armor too.

However, yeah the shield breaking thing is just for fun to make him look more menacing.
    Maestro has so many shields and swords that if he had more of the same ones they wouldn't be rare. Also it's probably a spit in the face of the Collector to break something rare.

This isn't just one of many shields though, this is Captain America's, which is a one-of-a-kind.
    Maestro has probably beaten Cpt. America so many times he probably has a warehouse full of them.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Maestro has probably beaten Cpt. America so many times he probably has a warehouse full of them.

This...

He's likely fought dozens of Captains... Hell, in this game there is more than one. "One-of-a-kind" is just not true.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    It's a multi-universal battle realm where the comics 616, movies, alternate comic realities, a what if Civil Warrior, an original Guillotine, and many more things like how champions like Dormammu, Hood, Doctor Strange, Cable, Magik and other time traveling and teleporting and dimension hopping characters are trapped not making any sense… and why Maestro destroys a single universe's shield is your question?

There's theoretically an infinite amount of Captain Americas in the battle realm otherwise how do multiple people have the same champion as MULTIPLE STARS!

I think he is doing it as a warm up
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Also Maestro has the cape of SUPERMAN on his wall… the shield is the least of your worries
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    It's a multi-universal battle realm where the comics 616, movies, alternate comic realities, a what if Civil Warrior, an original Guillotine, and many more things like how champions like Dormammu, Hood, Doctor Strange, Cable, Magik and other time traveling and teleporting and dimension hopping characters are trapped not making any sense… and why Maestro destroys a single universe's shield is your question?

There's theoretically an infinite amount of Captain Americas in the battle realm otherwise how do multiple people have the same champion as MULTIPLE STARS!

I think he is doing it as a warm up

Sure, I see what you're saying there. I just never heard of Maestro having hoards of Cap shields and multiple piles of trophies from other champs like an endless supply. So at the same time then, he must be breaking tons of shields doing all these third specials to all these Summoners, and every time he breaks one he has to take a trip back to his self-storage unit and pull out another shield for his back. Seems like that would get old real fast. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Ever wondered where GP keeps that bazooka she pulls out of nowhere during the L3? Yeah...
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Ever wondered where GP keeps that bazooka she pulls out of nowhere during the L3? Yeah...

Same place Magik and Gamora keep their swords.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »

It's like gta we don't question the magic phone