**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Good Ol’ Hulkbuster

My two star Hulkbuster will always hold a special place in my heart. Back then when I was a beginner at the game, I really liked how Hulkbuster looks and attacks. Because of that, he instantly became my favorite champion at the time. But nowadays, I know that Hulkbuster has nearly no value. I would really like a hulkbuster rework and I have my idea for that. Here it is.
My Champion Rework: Hulkbuster
Passive:
- The Hulkbuster is specifically designed to battle large opponents, passively increasing damage, armor break potency and duration, and armor up potency by (x)%
- Hulkbuster starts with 5 Permanent Armor Up Passives, each increasing Armor rating by (x). These armor ups are lost for every 20% health lost
- Hulkbuster gains multiple benefits based on how many armor up effects Hulkbuster has on him (Passives and Buffs):
2 Armor Ups: Hulkbuster is immune to Bleed,
Coldsnap, and Frostbite Damage
3 Armor Ups: Hulkbuster is immune to Poison
Damage. Hulkbuster has a 100%
chance to shrug off an Incinerate
debuff at the cost of 1 Armor Up buff
5 Armor Ups: Critical hits have a 100% chance to
Armor break, removing one armor up
buff and reducing Armor rating by (x)
8 Armor Ups: Block Proficiency Increases by (x) per
Armor up effect
10 Armor Ups: Hulkbuster gains a permanent Fury
Passive, increasing attack by (x).
This increases the larger the
opponent is
14 Armor Ups: Hulkbuster’s Dash attack is
Unblockable and Unstoppable
16 Armor Ups: Hulkbuster’s Special Attacks are
Unblockable against Small and
Medium opponents
20 Armor Ups: Hulkbuster’s chance to perfect block
basic attacks increases by a flat 90%
Repair A.I. Passive:
- Hulkbuster’s Repair A.I. repairs the Hulkbuster while he fights his opponent. Repair A.I. cannot function while Hulkbuster is stunned.
- When Attacking , dashing back, being attacked, or not moving, the Repair A.I. Heals (x)% of Hulkbuster’s health per second
- When Blocking, the Repair A.I. gives Hulkbuster 1 Permanent Armor Up Buff every 1 second, increasing Armor by (x)
- Once per fight, when struck below 20% health, the Repair A.I makes a last effort to keep the Hulkbuster alive, granting Hulkbuster 5 Armor Ups, A Power Gain Passive, gaining 50% of max Power over 10 seconds, and a Regeneration buff healing (x) health over 12 seconds. After this activates, Repair A.I will remain inactive for the rest of the fight.
Special 1:
- 100% Chance to inflict Armor Break, removing 1 Armor up buff and reducing Armor Rating by (x).
- Against Small and Medium champions, Hulkbuster is unstoppable during this attack
- Against Large and XL opponents, this attack is unblockable
Special 2:
- 100% chance to inflict up to 3 armor breaks, each removing 1 armor up buff and reducing armor rating by (x)
- 100% chance to inflict Concussion, reducing Ability Accuracy by 90% for 10 seconds. The reduction increases by up to a flat 10% based on how large the opponent is. The duration increases by up to 50% based on how small the opponent is.
Special 3:
- 100% to remove all armor buffs on the opponent
- 100% chance to inflict a permanent Armor shattered, reducing Armor Rating by (x). This increases by (x) per armor buff removed. While Armor shattered is active, opponents cannot gain armor up buffs.
- This attack deals up to 80% more damage based on how large the opponent is
Signature Ability: Iron Rage
- Hulkbuster’s attack is increased by (x) for every armor up effect on him. This increases by up to (x) based on lost health. The perfect counter to the Hulk’s Rage!

Feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

Comments

• GasHaulerGasHauler Posts: 174
    I really do like your ideas, although I think it may be a bit much. I would definitely like to see something like this implemented in the near future! And maybe a new animation for his SP1 and/or SP3. I’m thinking something more like what we saw in the movie where he rapidly hits opponents with hammer punches.
  • SkyBlueGamingSkyBlueGaming Posts: 128
    Thank you very much @GasHauler !
  • VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Looks like an amazing idea but it makes hulkbuster a double edged sword, and a very sharp one, the unlockable and unstoppable buffs (as well as the permanent fury) he gains for armor ups and special attacks make him good for offensive but his easily accessible abilities to gain armor ups make him also difficult to counter on defense. I feel like he should have less offensive abilities here because he's an absolute tank. But I guess he will have some effective counters like VTD and the acidic armor..
    (Correct me if I'm wrong with any information here, I'm not exactly an expert on this)
  • SkyBlueGamingSkyBlueGaming Posts: 128
    @Vatris Thanks for the feedback! I think Hulkbuster should have offensive and defensive qualities because he’s supposed to deal with beings like the Hulk. He should deal a lot of damage and be able to tank a lot of damage. Armor break, nullify, heal block, and maybe stun champions could counter him. VTD is an ideal counter with toxic armor.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Your suggestions are really good and I hope kabam dev team can see this.

Actually I always wonder why there is no buff for Hulkbuster.....at least his crit/hit rate should increase substantially when opponent is Hulk, otherwise how can this champ deserve the “buster” name?