**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4 star featured infinite streak

I follow tactics like having power control champs for streak 9-12 but I still get deathmatches. I need a solid strategy, one that I can rely on. What's the minimum PI rating required for thanos and kang teams after streak 13? At which number does the infinite streak start from? What's the recommended minimum total pi to maintain the streak and prevent a deathmatch?

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    U need to sandbag till streak 14 in 4* featured arena then use rank 4 4* and above
  • MarsRuiRuiMarsRuiRui Posts: 27
    Streak 13 i use one 5/50 en two 4/40 always has worked for me. Streak 14-17 i use 4/40 and streak 18 all 3/30 or higher
  • sandbag until match 12. The hardest fights are series 13 to 15, so bring your best teams. If you can get past 15, you're good. If you can bring 5/50 for 13 to 15, you get thanos and kang teams. I'm going to go ahead and estimate that means ~15K combined PI.
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    I've been able to get to the Thanos/Kang teams by using 3* teams for rounds 4-9, then my top 4* teams for 10-13 and get the T/K in round 14.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I know this is secondarily related to what you are asking but it is related nevertheless:

An amazing player in our alliance "forced/persuaded" me to use dexterity (I already had parry) masteries and learn to evade like a champ and then to bait specials. I spent 6 weeks purposing to not use block at ALL and only evade and bait. I then watched 1 video on many ways to bait specials on youtube. I totally sucked for the first 4 weeks practicing these things. Then I got the rhythm and mixed blocking back in. Two months after that I no longer fear death squads if they do show up honestly.

I'm a much better boss killer and it opened up my abilities to complete harder content for better rewards too without changing my lineup much.
    I recommend going through this metamorphosis process of this game as a solution for death squads too if you haven't already.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    I don't need to sand bag, I just use rank 1/1 3* between streak 8-13 then use 4* champs
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    Some Sandbag, some don't need to. Try 1-8 with who you want. 9-15 Sandbag (2 3/30, 1 1/10), 15-18 4/40, 18+ who you want. You can also Sandbag with 2 4/40's.
    Some Sandbag, some don't need to. Try 1-8 with who you want. 9-15 Sandbag (2 3/30, 1 1/10), 15-18 4/40, 18+ who you want. You can also Sandbag with 2 4/40's.

*18+ who you want, no less than R3.
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    Do you remember which video you watched? I need to see a good one,I don't know which are good to watch
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    There's a pretty good chart on the info bot for the t4 basic arena. Similar strategy involved
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    There's a pretty good chart on the info bot for the t4 basic arena. Similar strategy involved

Somewhat. In this case, you use 4* 1/10 instead of 1*'s for Sandbag.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I know this is secondarily related to what you are asking but it is related nevertheless:

An amazing player in our alliance "forced/persuaded" me to use dexterity (I already had parry) masteries and learn to evade like a champ and then to bait specials. I spent 6 weeks purposing to not use block at ALL and only evade and bait. I then watched 1 video on many ways to bait specials on youtube. I totally sucked for the first 4 weeks practicing these things. Then I got the rhythm and mixed blocking back in. Two months after that I no longer fear death squads if they do show up honestly.

I'm a much better boss killer and it opened up my abilities to complete harder content for better rewards too without changing my lineup much.
    I recommend going through this metamorphosis process of this game as a solution for death squads too if you haven't already.

I like it.
    If you can give more details ill be happy.
    For example where and how you practice?. For example, it's very frustrating for me build a streak for face hard teams and be killed in a blind while I'm learning, then start again.
    What videos did you watch?.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Its not a strategy for everbody but I just take on death matches for 7 or so rounds till I get to the easier match ups. If you bring in teams of 4/40s and 3/30s you are comfortable playing and bring 3 diverse champs there really isn't any problems with deathmatches. My 3/30 teams can almost always deal with deathmatches even 5* magiks, hyperions, mordos etc. If you really practice shallow evades, baiting and intercepting it isn't that bad even mystic champs with heavy md
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Some of the posters didnt read the op carefully enough. Hes asking about the 4* featured. No 3* champs allowed
    Some of the posters didnt read the op carefully enough. Hes asking about the 4* featured. No 3* champs allowed

Was gonna say, I was talking about the 4* but I see what you were referring to. Lol. I think we all read too fast sometimes. ;)
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I use 3/30s to the multiplier hits 3, use 2 teams of 1/25, a team of 2/35s, 2 strong teams of 4/40, then 10-14 or 15 are thanos teams and I use my 3/45s, 5/50s, then 4/45s by the time I run thru my strongest 5* team I can go back to 4/40 teams and work my way down again, using any teams. I never sandbag and only occasionally mix 2 4/40 with a 3/30 or 5/50. It really depends on roster strength and your ability to fight higher rated champs. I'm not a heavy arena grinder, just go for top milestones mostly, but i use the same technique for t4 arena as for 4* arena and it always works fine. You'll fight one hard team before the thanos teams then one or two after, after that it's cruise control.