**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did they even bother to change hyperions origin story?

VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
Quite literally everything in hyperions description has been taken off superman's origin story... I dont even like DC but why?? Is it that hard to make an original character lol.
(Hyperions origin story:An infant cast into space, Hyperion was the only survivor of a dying race, on a dying world. He crashed to Earth, and was found by a man who called himself Father. Father would teach him right from wrong, good from evil, instilling in him a set of morals which would guide him into using his incredible powers as a sworn protector of our world.)

(Specific snippets from superman's origin story:
"Superman is rocketed from the doomed planet Krypton to Earth, where he is found and raised by a kindly couple in Smallville, Kansas."
"As Clark grows up on Earth, he and his adoptive parents discover that he has superhuman powers. The Kents teach Clark to use these powers responsibly to help others and fight crime"
I don't know how these backstories could sound more similar. Come on marvel, be more creative lol

Comments

• VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
    edited July 2019

Someone’s late to the party

Someone’s late to the party

My account is only officially a month old now so I've never seen any hyperion rants before this Lol. My bad
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Backstories are the same, but Hyperion has different personality. He is a db, which is interesting variation on Superman
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    well from what i know in marvel hyperion was villain ,and he destroyed his adoptive earth, no idea why he is hero in the game.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    .... Should we tell this guy about Goku
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

well from what i know in marvel hyperion was villain ,and he destroyed his adoptive earth, no idea why he is hero in the game.

different Hyperions from different universes.

OP:
    Hyperion was created by Roy Thomas in an Avengers story-line where he wanted the Avengers to fight the Justice League of America, but without having to go through all the trouble that would entail. He therefore created four characters - Hyperion, Nighthawk, Doctor Spectrum and Whizzer - who were pastiches of DC characters (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and Flash) to use instead. Said characters later came back in other stories and were joined by other characters who were further pastiches like Power Princess (Wonder Woman), Amphibian (Aquaman), Arcanna (Zatanna), Lady Lark (Black Canary), Golden Arrow (Green Arrow) and Tom Thumb (The Atom).

In the 1980s, Mark Gruenwald wrote a 12-issue maxi-series of the Squadron Supreme as they're called, showing them taking over their world (well, America) and fixing the world (America)'s problems. It was one of the first 'deconstruction of superheroes' stories before even the much-lauded Watchmen did it.

Marvel have returned to the creative well of the Squadron several times, including a new version of the Squadron in 2015 where each came from a different universe and found themselves in the 616/prime universe after Secret Wars.

Personally, I'm hoping we might get more Squadron characters in the game at some point...

(Side note, Roy Thomas later did the same thing of a pastiche of a DC team with The Crusaders in The Invaders comic in the 1970s, who were a pastiche of DC's Freedom Fighters team; the writer of the Freedom Fighters comic similarly created a team called The Crusaders who were pastiches of the Invaders characters. There was also a JLA comic which featured alien heroes called The Champions of Ang-arr who were pastiches of the Avengers...)
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    Well Hyperion (at least this one, ) didn't get sent to earth as a baby according to the comics, he held apart 2 worlds from colliding on a different universe from the main marvel 616 universe for a few seconds and survived the resulting collision, he isn't from the main 616 universe to the best of my knowledge.