**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nightcrawler and stealth spidey

VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
I'm currently running for exploration on master difficulty of the EQ. stealth spidey and nightcrawler have been huge obstacles, how do I get nightcrawler into swashbuckling mode and what are good counters for stealth spidey?

Comments

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Get him to dash back and block, then come at him with a MLLL combo. Works more often than not and if he does evade keep doing this until he doesn't

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    I am not sure why people have trouble with NC, he is easy without the switch unless he is stun immune, just do 4 hit combos instead of 5, his 4th is the first that can typically evade.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    NC use CapIW, parry/heavy SP1, his SP1 can’t be evaded. Stealth Spidey, like any Spiderverse champ, the best answer is Venom.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Yeah, switching him isn't as easy as it used to be. I just piled through him with a Sentinel. For Stealth, I just used AA.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    Patience is the key to the switch - use a bleed immune if you can. I'm lucky enough to have a 5* Vision, and generally use him.

Don't push him into the corner - if he's getting close, back off so he has room to dash back.

Wait for him to dash back, and block - look out for the switching icon.

If you can, just be idling whilst he does this; so you can delay a half-second or so before dashing in for a MLLLL combo. Only throw the last light if it's necessary to tip him into Swashbuckling mode. Clearly it leaves you open!

If he evades in the middle of this attempt, just back off and try again.

Don't try if he gets an SP1 off.

Practice! He's the first opponent, only three energy to get to fight. If it goes poorly, just exit and try again.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    The best counters for Stealth Spidey are a couple of champs who both frequently shrug debuffs and counter evade: Agent Venom, and Kingpin. Venom himself is also very good (as he is for the entire monthly EQ)

His evade isn't really a major problem on defence; as it's infrequent. Mutants are therefore useful - I've done well with Nightcrawler - for some reason, Stealthy never seems to take the Slow debuff web shooters into this fight. I haven't tried, but I expect Rogue would be a good option; for Class Advantage, reduced debuff duration and Power Control.
    Zuro said:

Lormif said:

I am not sure why people have trouble with NC, he is easy without the switch unless he is stun immune, just do 4 hit combos instead of 5, his 4th is the first that can typically evade.

Some people have trouble because there not as experienced as you may be smh
    No experience is needed to do a parry then 4 hits instead of 5 hits.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Yet again some people don't know that and with you saying how you don't understand how people stuggle with him is a pretty ignorant statement
    Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Yet again some people don't know that and with you saying how you don't understand how people stuggle with him is a pretty ignorant statement
    So what part dont you know? That when you stun him he cannot evade? or when you stun it lasts an amount of seconds? It is pretty obvious if you are playing for any amount of time. I came back from a long break and I figured it out in a few seconds. But it is funny that your ignorance is somehow my issue.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    I used Emma Frost in telepath form
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Emma frost for nc and venom for spidey
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

So what part dont you know? That when you stun him he cannot evade? or when you stun it lasts an amount of seconds? It is pretty obvious if you are playing for any amount of time. I came back from a long break and I figured it out in a few seconds. But it is funny that your ignorance is somehow my issue.
    I'm not saying I don't know because I clearly do know I'm speaking for others and please explain how I'm being ignorant and I'm not talking about hitting him while stunned I'm talking about you mentioning the MLLL combo acting like everyone should know about it
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    Doc Oc has been one of the best champs for me for this months quest and I just started using him more
  • BDeezyBDeezy Posts: 119
    Kil63 said:

I used Emma Frost in telepath form

I did as well

Another option is night thrasher using only mediums. Literally takes evade away