**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ebony Maw synergy is a joke for Corvus

StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
Hi Kabam,

I just got Ebony Maw in a featured crystal which is great, since i also have Corvus !

So i ranked up Ebony and go to the description of the synergies

So Corvus gain a passive increase in crit rating... which is useless when he have charges, as all his attacks are already critical, and useless too without his charges as he cannot do crit 😂

Maybe a special synergy for Corvus ?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s fine as is, it’s not meant for Corvus
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    The wording might seems worthless but it actually meant that it will increase the damage output per critical for Corvus
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Is a synergy for Ebony, not for Corvus. This isn't the first time this happens
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Its a synergy for all lieutenant of Thanos which activates only if you have Ebony Maw

If it increase the crit damage rating for Corvus ok, if not, it’s useless for Corvus
    Stellar said:

Lvernon15 said:

Its a synergy for all lieutenant of Thanos which activates only if you have Ebony Maw

If it increase the crit damage rating for Corvus ok, if not, it’s useless for Corvus
    It doesn't increase the crit damage. Only crit rate. Even if it is useless for Corvus it is not for Ebony Maw, and that's the intention of the synergy. Mind as well add him there than not adding him at all
    Ok i made the test

Corvus alone in the ROL : crit of 1753 on a medium attack

Corvus with Maw synergy in the ROL : 1753 on a medium attack

This synergy is garbage to use with Corvus
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Yea it is useless for Corvus. More to benefit Ebony maw I guess..
    Well you don't need to test it anymore ... You've already been told how the synergy works.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Stellar said:

Lvernon15 said:

It doesn't increase the crit damage. Only crit rate. Even if it is useless for Corvus it is not for Ebony Maw, and that's the intention of the synergy. Mind as well add him there than not adding him at all
    this synergy isn't for ebony alone, but for cull too, because he has a low crit rate and this greatly help him :)
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    roberto94 said:

The wording might seems worthless but it actually meant that it will increase the damage output per critical for Corvus

This is hilarious!😂😂. Saying this like he KNOWS the inside track on this synergy and everyone else is in the dark! Literally speaking as though he designed it or something!🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Did I mention? 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

🐻
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Darn my god tier doesn’t get even better with a synergy designed to help every other member of a 3/4 OP team

Darn my god tier doesn’t get even better with a synergy designed to help every other member of a 3/4 OP team

Not exactly ;)

The synergy could be designed to help every other without problem, but if Corvus is included within he should get the same kind of help... but he doesn't

Here are some suggestions to improve the synergy :
    - Delete Corvus from the required champions of the synergy
    OR
    - Design a new synergy with Corvus :
    * One which gives every lieutenant (or only Corvus and Maw) an increased Crit damage rating
    OR
    * One, similar to the synergy between Corvus and Proxima :
    New mission for Corvus : Killing a mystic while having Maw is its team grants Corvus a buff that make his attacks impossible to miss (buff needs charge to be active)
    Maw gain 1 persistent charge at the beginning of the fight if he have less than one
    I don't see how removing corvus from there would be better that him being there ...
    You aren't forced to use the synergy if you don't want to. Ebony still benefits from it, Corvus is just there to trigger it for him. Many other champions have unique synergies that either benefits other's or only them.
    To respect the logic of the synergy ;)

It is supposed to help EVERY member of the Thanos army, but it does nothing for Corvus
    So either the synergy description is flawed and need to be rewrite or the objective of the synergy needs to be redesign, either to give the same kind of help to Corvus or by removing Corvus or by designing a new specific synergy between Maw and Corvus
  • binrakbinrak Posts: 193
    Ebony maw is the real joke, wet noodle
    Stellar said:

To respect the logic of the synergy ;)

It is supposed to help EVERY member of the Thanos army, but it does nothing for Corvus
    So either the synergy description is flawed and need to be rewrite or the objective of the synergy needs to be redesign, either to give the same kind of help to Corvus or by removing Corvus or by designing a new specific synergy between Maw and Corvus

Again, the synergy does what it says. Corvus still gets the bonus even if it does nothing to him due to how he works.
    Another example of a similar synergy is Sym Supreme + Sym spider, where spider is only there to trigger the synergy for Sym Supreme and for the other members, while not gaining any benefit from it on his base abilities
    edited July 2019
    binrak said:

Ebony maw is the real joke, wet noodle

No, even if I don't master him yet, i find him quite nice to play. his missions are not so difficult to do, he has utility with power control, his SP2 do some nice damage (at least for my 5R3) and he can even nullify every buff with its black tongue.
    The only pb is you have to wait more than 1 min 30 to get Black tongue and use Maw at its full potential...its quite long in a 3 minutes fight

Again, the synergy does what it says. Corvus still gets the bonus even if it does nothing to him due to how he works.
    Another example of a similar synergy is Sym Supreme + Sym spider, where spider is only there to trigger the synergy for Sym Supreme and for the other members, while not gaining any benefit from it on his base abilities

You're right... poor spider symbiote...

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Nothing is as dumb as the Meph/MS double synergy.
  • Jeramy6815Jeramy6815 Posts: 68
    Aryl said:

Nothing is as dumb as the Meph/MS double synergy.

Yes let’s work on this one first besides the cheat code Corvus