Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

New defensive AI.

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
I personally haven’t had a problem with it but I see lots of complaints about the AI being too defensive and runs out the timer; anyone else having issues with this?

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    That's cause your tier is lower than those who have been experiencing it.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Im doing map 6 x 5, so where is it?

I have seen complaints about having hyperion minis, but that is different from a timer issue.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Lormif said:

xNig said:

Im doing map 6 x 5, so where is it?

I have seen complaints about having hyperion minis, but that is different from a timer issue.
    Yeah. Running 666x5 as well.

It's mainly found in war, and sometimes AQ, where the opponents stand still with their block down, then shallow evades / intercepts you the moment you dash in. Most of the time it's pretty manageable but it's definitely there. The AI isn't as aggressive as it used to be. They tend to wait around abit before launching their attacks, be stingy on their specials etc. And because of this passiveness, the timer will run down for some guys who play more defensively.

I've tried it on my main at 9.8k day 1 prestige, alt at 8.6k day 1 prestige and second alt at 7k day 1 prestige, it seems more predominant as prestige increases.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Yeah. Running 666x5 as well.

It's mainly found in war, and sometimes AQ, where the opponents stand still with their block down, then shallow evades / intercepts you the moment you dash in. Most of the time it's pretty manageable but it's definitely there. The AI isn't as aggressive as it used to be. They tend to wait around abit before launching their attacks, be stingy on their specials etc. And because of this passiveness, the timer will run down for some guys who play more defensively.

I've tried it on my main at 9.8k day 1 prestige, alt at 8.6k day 1 prestige and second alt at 7k day 1 prestige, it seems more predominant as prestige increases.

Most noticeable in war and Map 7 for me. There're ways to manage the months-recent AI change. Change up your input patterns enough and the AI usually goes back to patterns that were more common before different styles of intercepting got put on the developers' radar.
  • Options
    BeardedStarlordBeardedStarlord Posts: 55
    The AI against Quake now is ridiculous
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    xNig said:

You just love trolling me don’t you? Seems like I have a fan,and I was mainly referring to members of my alliance’s complaints lmao.
    Edit; and yes I’m just now seeing this.