**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

GR Feedback

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
I just noticed the new Rewards in the Dungeon Store, and having a little over 22k, I decided to pop a 5* Crystal instead of waiting for 27k. I pulled GR. I have to admit, I have very little experience with him. I know most do, but I never got on the train. So now that he's at R2, I'll have to get to know him. Can anyone give me the rundown? Best ways to use Judgments? Any tips? My experience with him has been button mashing in the Arena for years, so anything helps. Thanks.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,762 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

How good is Ghost Rider? Very.

GR takes more situational awareness and practice to get the most out of him. Played randomly he's above average. Played well he's a monster. The catch with GR comes down to how his judgments work. Each judgment has a secondary effect associated with it that has a certain duration. For example, if you land a heavy attack you have a chance to trigger the life steal judgment (whatever it is called: I never bother to remember their names). By default it lasts about seven seconds. However, each judgment to land causes the next one to last 75% longer. So if you land another judgment first and then the life steal, then the life steal effect will actually last about twelve seconds. If you land two others first and then the life steal, it will last seventeen seconds.

Because of this stacking effect, the order in which you land judgments matters a great deal. If you need healing, landing it last instead of first can be the difference between getting a tiny amount of heal and getting healed to full. If you're fighting something like Medusa and you want to stop her from gaining fury then when you land special one (which lands a fate heal judgment) matters. Some effects will last less and some more depending on order, so the more control you have over how you land judgments and how intelligently you choose to order them tactically will determine how strong Ghost Rider is in any given fight.

Besides that, the actual judgments all have interesting and useful effects. One boosts attack, one lands a bleed, one triggers life steal, one fate seals the target, and one power drains the target. And the big one in special three lands a power lock, fate seal, and heal block simultaneously. In other words, the target can't heal, can't generate power, and cannot trigger any buffs. By default this lasts 3.5 seconds. Get all the other judgments to land first, and it can last a really long time. Also, once you land a judgment, you cannot land it again in the same fight unless you reset them: you have to land special three to reset them. That's another reason why landing judgments in specific orders is important: you cannot just spam them.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Hmm.....thanks guys. I can see this one will take some time.
  • TheremonTheremon Posts: 62
    He also has a synergy with Night Thrasher that increases the durations of his Judgments. He's definitely best when paired with Blade, though. Like the others said, if you need to steal health, wait until you have 1, 2 or 3 judgments on the defender so you get more time to steal health, because the AI will go defensive if you land a heavy and try to waste your timer.
    Awesome. Thanks. I have NT as a 4*.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    Do your judgments in this order and your life steal duration will be insane.
    Light attack judgment
    Sp1 judgment
    Medium attack judgement (when you duped him)
    Sp2 judgment
    Sp3 judgment
    Heavy attack judgment
    Thanks.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If they are bleed immune, always start the fight with MLLLL, if not, and they don’t have any buffs to deal with, do the L1 fateseal first then the bleed for extra damage. I then normally do L2 then regen, but if I don’t need regen at that point, I do L2 L3 Heavy (before the L3 judgement expires). I don’t have him duped, but I would do MLLLL combos until I got my fate seal and bleed on him, then get the fury and try to build to my L2 for some decent damage.
  • TheremonTheremon Posts: 62

Awesome. Thanks. I have NT as a 4*.

The synergy also makes NT's medium attack Unblockable or Unstoppable (I forget which).