**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cull Obsidian - NERFED?! Or FIXED?! Fact-checked Fight data by Kiryu

Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
https://youtu.be/mZzk99YyE5U

Thought this would be interesting to share here since I haven’t seen anyone actually compare the data and give us a commentary on it.

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

@SquishyjrThe_4TH Can you go a bit further to explain how I didn't cover this story correctly?
    I'm watching my vid back and I take information presented on the forums that looks legit, that hasn't been discredited by either community individuals of Kabam. I have been following Cull Obsidians Changes from;
    . Covering him in the CCP (mentioned in my video)
    . The Thanos Favour's not staying paused (bug) of last month
    . The changes to the damage output based on, as said screenshots 'presented on the forums that look legit'

I personally felt based on the information, the delivery and not putting my opinion in that I covered it correctly. Thanks for the criticism, keeps me in check, cheers.

Well the title did say cull obsidian being nerfed which isn’t true
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

@SquishyjrThe_4TH Can you go a bit further to explain how I didn't cover this story correctly?
    I'm watching my vid back and I take information presented on the forums that looks legit, that hasn't been discredited by either community individuals of Kabam. I have been following Cull Obsidians Changes from;
    . The changes to the damage output based on, as said screenshots 'presented on the forums that look legit'

I personally felt based on the information, the delivery and not putting my opinion in that I covered it correctly. Thanks for the criticism, keeps me in check, cheers.

There was a question mark, but it was still very click baiting.
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

There was a question mark, but it was still very click baiting.
    Was literally going to say the same thing. There were question marks. He goes over the situation perfectly I think. He isn’t nerfed, he’s fixed.

Keep up the great videos Rich.

How do you determine what "looks legit", after all the post you showed as your start of it had 16 disagrees and only 8 agrees.
  • RichTheManRichTheMan Posts: 187 ★★★
    @SquishyjrThe_4TH Thanks for the kind respond and the info. One thing I like to do with the news is ONLY report on changes when Kabam have the final say, this is so people can understand that we would need to have a serious boycott to make changes. I will take on board some thoughts expressed in this thread and wish everyone a great day.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu said:

Oh cry me a river - someone didnt like a thumbnail of RTM video and jumped to conclusions without watching the video properly..... geez.

Leave the guy alone, he does good work covering stuff and news , and people should take it for what it is.

Anyways, look at the top post- cull is fine, panic is over :)

“You’ll never guess what @TheKiryu said about @RichTheMan when they were spotted near each other at SDCC click here for the details” proceed to talk about August event.

Honestly both those videos RTM’s and Kiryu’s don’t seem clickbaity they give a premise for the video and touch on it.

All I wanted was to give people here on the forums who don’t watch YT. It shouldn’t have delved into going after a different YouTuber who happened to use a title that some viewed as clickbait.

Thanks Kiryu for the before and after comparison.

@Lormif the biggest issue on YouTube is Clickbait, I apologise if that annoyed anyone as its not my intent to do it. I have to get people to see videos, when I posted mcoc news back 3 months ago, I did it with no clickbait = 3-5k viewers less. Dave is in the same boat, he used to post vids with no clickbait and people wouldn't watch, he gains 10k more views based on it. So again I apologise but its the way 90% of us on youtube need to do to get our vids seen.

And part of the reason I stay away from youtube unless I need something and dont subscribe except to channels that dont use it. I appreciate your honesty, but I feel if you have to resort to something like that it is very telling on you.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Kobster84 said:

It’s clickbait too get more traction but most people jump to conclusions and don’t watch the entire thing
  • Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    One rumour and all and sundry become the "offended mob"(with raised pitchforks), most of us including me dont even have cull at any star and most of the others dont have him at the desired star, but for some reason all of us get offended by a fix . Next time someone talks up ask them to send a screen shot of them having the said champ.
    edited July 2019
    Lormif said:

@Lormif the biggest issue on YouTube is Clickbait, I apologise if that annoyed anyone as its not my intent to do it. I have to get people to see videos, when I posted mcoc news back 3 months ago, I did it with no clickbait = 3-5k viewers less. Dave is in the same boat, he used to post vids with no clickbait and people wouldn't watch, he gains 10k more views based on it. So again I apologise but its the way 90% of us on youtube need to do to get our vids seen.

And part of the reason I stay away from youtube unless I need something and dont subscribe except to channels that dont use it. I appreciate your honesty, but I feel if you have to resort to something like that it is very telling on you.
    Hdksjehjd
    Djkrdjj said:

Lormif said:

Well what would u do if that was your full time job and you wanted to grow to make more money. It’s not like he’s lying. He explains it well in the video, but certain people see the thumb nail and jump too conclusions without watching the video
    There is lying and then there is intellectual dishonesty. Your argument is basically "if you wanted to make money you would do shady things too", and no I would not. After all he knows people sees the thumb nail and knows what conclusion they will jump to, which is specifically why he is doing that.

Lormif said:

That last line struck a cord with me. When I was doing videos for other sites I learned real quick “watch this video of me doing whatever” didn’t get as much traction as “insert clickbait title of me doing whatever” and thus reducing monthly monetary gain. It doesn’t give anything “telling” in fact it’s all part of marketing.

Yeah I could have lived not doing clickbait or throwing up some obscure reference when doing live shows but if it gets more people watching thus making me more money, I’ll do it. Just like these YouTubers, they do what they need to do to make money, and get their videos seen by the masses. If anything it’s telling that we know how to attract more people.
    It does say something about you, what lengths you are willing to go through to make money, that you are willing to be intellectually dishonest to make more money then being straight up and making less. Just because it is a growing marketing ploy does not mean it is ok. "oh you wont click on my videos, here is a misleading title to get you to click on it"
    edited July 2019
    Jsjdjs
    Kobster84 said:

Can you show what title you are referring to? Because both videos being talked about never once implied that.
    Lormif said:

Djkrdjj said:

Lormif said:

Hdksjehjd
    There is lying and then there is intellectual dishonesty. Your argument is basically "if you wanted to make money you would do shady things too", and no I would not. After all he knows people sees the thumb nail and knows what conclusion they will jump to, which is specifically why he is doing that.

Lormif said:

That last line struck a cord with me. When I was doing videos for other sites I learned real quick “watch this video of me doing whatever” didn’t get as much traction as “insert clickbait title of me doing whatever” and thus reducing monthly monetary gain. It doesn’t give anything “telling” in fact it’s all part of marketing.

Yeah I could have lived not doing clickbait or throwing up some obscure reference when doing live shows but if it gets more people watching thus making me more money, I’ll do it. Just like these YouTubers, they do what they need to do to make money, and get their videos seen by the masses. If anything it’s telling that we know how to attract more people.
    It does say something about you, what lengths you are willing to go through to make money, that you are willing to be intellectually dishonest to make more money then being straight up and making less. Just because it is a growing marketing ploy does not mean it is ok. "oh you wont click on my videos, here is a misleading title to get you to click on it"
    Fixed my reply for u

Kobster84 said:

Can you show what title you are referring to? Because both videos being talked about never once implied that.
    https://youtu.be/Vd7TofVK3rs
    The title on this one
    I have watched the video and he doesn’t go on like a raving lunatic about how cull is nerfed quite the opposite but nevertheless the title does kinda imply cull was being nerfed

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

The title on this one
    I have watched the video and he doesn’t go on like a raving lunatic about how cull is nerfed quite the opposite but nevertheless the title does kinda imply cull was being nerfed
    Inference is in the eyes of who reads it.
    What does that have to do with my reply all I as doing was talking about how the title does imply he was being nerfed nothing else
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

The title on this one
    Inference is in the eyes of who reads it.
    What does that have to do with my reply all I as doing was talking about how the title does imply he was being nerfed nothing else
    But they title doesn’t imply he is being nerfed. “End off Cull” could mean ANYTHING.

Lormif said:

Djkrdjj said:

Lormif said:

Well what would u do if that was your full time job and you wanted to grow to make more money. It’s not like he’s lying. He explains it well in the video, but certain people see the thumb nail and jump too conclusions without watching the video

Lormif said:

Intellectually dishonest? You do realize people do things to make money and make the most they can, right? Every company does it, it’s called marketing.

If I make a video and put time and effort into live shows and because of a bad title I don’t get the revenue needed/wanted, then a good marketing idea would be to use something that grabs people’s attention. You think Nike got to where it’s at by making commercials of people just walking? Every commercial you see is bait to buy their stuff. Same here.
    Yes, I am sorry but intellectually dishonest. That is what click bait titles are. They are made to imply something that is not true. it is not a good idea to imply something that is not true is true, it fits the definition of lying even though we dont directly call it that:

intransitive verb

1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
    She was lying when she said she didn't break the vase.
    He lied about his past experience.
    2 : to create a false or misleading impression

It is why so many people hate click bait, but also why it generates so much money.
    @SquishyjrThe_4TH sorry about that.