**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is this fair (alliance member/officer question)? (ethics and morality based)

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
So one of the officers in my alliance was one of its key founders. Unfortunately this officer has become the most inactive member (sometimes logging in once every 12 hours), loses one champ in the first phase of Day 1 in AQ, loses almost all champs in AW (and doesn't clear his lane), and is almost never communicating/updating in the Mandatory Line group chat.

I have spoken at lengths with our alliance leader on this (also one of the founders) and he said the best he can do is to put the said officer in another BG. Right now, my BG1 is suffering deeply because of this officer who can't comply with the most basic rules of the alliance. And there is reluctance by the leader to kick him because he was one of the key founders.

Would it be ethically or morally right to persuade the other officers to get our alliance leader to remove this officer? I believe that, just because someone is a founder of an alliance doesn't give him the "right" to be the first rule breaker. I think even if you're the founder of the alliance and someday the alliance outgrows you or you haven't kept up, it shouldn't give you an excuse to do as you please and make the rest of the members suffer because you yourself cannot follow the rules you've set forth.

I'm most likely going to leave this alliance if the leader doesn't seem to get the point and decides to stay on the side with this wayward officer.

Comments

• PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Sorry why post this

Either you want them to see this and get motivated (very unlikely)

Or what I don’t un
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    raffster said:

So one of the officers in my alliance was one of its key founders. Unfortunately this officer has become the most inactive member (sometimes logging in once every 12 hours), loses one champ in the first phase of Day 1 in AQ, loses almost all champs in AW (and doesn't clear his lane), and is almost never communicating/updating in the Mandatory Line group chat.

I have spoken at lengths with our alliance leader on this (also one of the founders) and he said the best he can do is to put the said officer in another BG. Right now, my BG1 is suffering deeply because of this officer who can't comply with the most basic rules of the alliance. And there is reluctance by the leader to kick him because he was one of the key founders.

Would it be ethically or morally right to persuade the other officers to get our alliance leader to remove this officer? I believe that, just because someone is a founder of an alliance doesn't give him the "right" to be the first rule breaker. I think even if you're the founder of the alliance and someday the alliance outgrows you or you haven't kept up, it shouldn't give you an excuse to do as you please and make the rest of the members suffer because you yourself cannot follow the rules you've set forth.

I'm most likely going to leave this alliance if the leader doesn't seem to get the point and decides to stay on the side with this wayward officer.

Spoiler: there's no moral or ethical issue here. Believe me when i tell you as an alli leader when a member starts chirping about officer x not pulling weight or why aren't we doing more of y or any number of complaints AND said member isn't one of the top contributors (and thus offered officer-ship), I tend to survey the other officers about how much of a dooosh this guy here is before placating him with a similar statement you'd been told. If you think you can do better, you're free to move about thru alliances, no moral or ethical strings attached.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    If it’s affecting the performance of the alliance as a whole then eventually something will have to be done because people will get sick of it and leave, this is of course assuming you’re in an active progressing alliance, not a casual chill alliance.
    Now from my past experience as a leader of an alliance, the activity and abilities of the person in question, based on what you’ve said, are pretty big red flags and whilst there’s a chance he as an officer is doing work behind the scenes, they still should aim to set an example as best they can.

All in all, if the leader won’t do anything and you feel dragged down by this player, move elsewhere
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Thanks for all the guys. I decided to move on. The leader doesn't want to remove said member inspite advice of the other officers as well. All's good. Looking for a new alliance now.
  • ChimpyboyChimpyboy Posts: 124
    glad you moved on - I had a similar experience. Was in my group for 8 months, and an officer. We had one of our long time officers who was a huge whale. Put up huge SA numbers, but spent all his time either not in game, or in the discord chat just talking about his crystal pops...all the while sitting on full energy in AQ for hours upon hours. Several of the officers felt he was a drag on the group progressions. Every time someone would talk about adding more map 5 or pushing for more mandatory participation, this guy would get his panties in a bunch about it. But no one would do anything about it, and he'd just continue to do 3-5 fights every day of AQ and buy crystals. I was one of the top point earners and energy users in AQ, and hit all event mins. But I just decided to leave....wasn't worth the stress. Found a better group where people actually play the game (imagine that). Now we're ranking higher than them in AQ and AW - by large margins, and I'm basically playing the same amt I always did. So it all worked out.
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    I was that officer once due to personal stuff. I offered to step away but asked to remain on the chat. They refused and kept me on, but it would be understandable if I was asked to leave.
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    I would definitely speak to the other officers about having him removed from alliance the inactivity is unacceptable, affects the whole alliance and it doesn’t matter if he is an officer. If he isn’t removed I would switch alliances find a new one
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Officer and leaders determine the alliance's rules and pace. If a member feels they can do better, they should move. Or start tgeir own alliance.
  • ChimpyboyChimpyboy Posts: 124
    That's really the issue. If you want to log on 2x a day, fine, but don't join a map 5 or higher Alliance and benefit from their hard work and attentiveness, while you are doing your own thing. The alliance guidelines should apply to everyone. Just bc you are a founder or an officer or a whale doesn't mean you should skate.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Is it morally unethical? No. You can talk to others about your concerns. However, if the Leader has made a decision and you're trying to sway the Officers to do something contrary to what the Leader wants, that can backfire. Ultimately, the Leader has the final say.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I say leave the alliance, if your leader doesn't boot after you talk to him/her. You clearly take the game more seriously than your peers if they allow this continue. You shouldn't have to beg for him to get the boot.

Go to an alliance slightly above where you are now because you're driven and you'll feel better for it.