**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Slight changes to sentry

Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
As you can guess from my profile pic, I'm a huge Sentry fan. I think he's a great character in the comics, and his animations in this game are really cool. His special attacks are good but not overpowered (like ghost) and his heavy attacks are great when the stance procks. However, there are a few things that hold him back from being as good as other champions. In the science class alone, there are far better champs out there such as void, quake, gladiator hulk, she-hulk, CAIW, LC etc and when you compare him to other champs there just is no valid reason to rank him up high.

There are 3 main things that are wrong with this character:

1. He has to be above a certain health percentage for his reality warps (where ALL of his damage comes from) to carry over to the next fight. This needs to be removed as it makes him really annoying to play as you lose health from parries, nodes etc and other champions like Corvus, sabretooth etc don't have a hitpoint-related penalty and those champs are already far better than him.

2. His heavy attack stance only has a 60% chance to activate. Making this 100% would massively improve his viability and just make him an all-round fun champion to play, such as usage in variant 2 (Seatin was talking about this in his video).

3. His indestructible does not activate for special 3 (minor point) and doesn't work if he has a debuff inflicted on him (major point). This is so annoying, as there are situations where the node inflicts a small debuff like bleed, and so his indestructible just fails.

If you just fixed these 3 things, (or even the first 2) this would be of such a massive benefit to the character and would make him far more of an option to rank up. His synergies are nice but don't compensate anywhere near enough to overcome these issues. Changing these 3 problems would make sentry a great champion, without him becoming game-breaking (like cull obsidian completing labyrinth paths in 90mins in few revives). He would not even come close to what other champions can do, such as domino, omega red, Aegon etc.

So, in conclusion, could you consider these slight changes to Sentry? I would love to rank him up, but he is nowhere near my stark spidey, gladiator hulk etc in terms of utility or damage, so there is just no point. Please, could you at Kabam make the champion what so many people want him to be (Seatin, Idelest etc have all expressed most of these points) or at least provide an explanation of why you could not implement these changes, in case I am missing something here?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    in my opinion sentry needs entire rework to be even compared to the champs in science class you mentioned he is far far below The thing, cap Iw, ghulk,rhulk,shulk,void,wasp,HT,Invisible woman, spidergwen , luke cage ,quake, classic spider, antman (with synergy) (so basically what i am saying is half of science class is just so better then him)

just some points that make him super bad.and no one considers him for 5/65

- he has no immunities
    - no power control (he does have 40 seconds heal block with void which is actually great) if u dnt have other options
    - no unique abilties like stopping unstopable or enervate or taunt or patrify or any other unique debuff mechanics most commonly seen in science champs.
    - no defensive potential
    - unawakened he has absolutely no damage unless you can get combo of 200 hits
    - when awakened u still need atleast 5 fights and lots of health pots to carry forward damage
    - he has penalties over penalties and if its awakened 6* you can forget about max sig.so no uses for him
    - his heavy stance (steadfast aproach) procs rarely even if it has 60% chance ,its not like the amazing 7% chance of mesmerize node ,cause we all know 7% is bigger then 60%! 😂.
    - most of his basic animations are taken from magnetos and edited in a way it feels just laggy animations- his specials are perfect though.
    - so in my opinion he just need overall rework and getting him closer to shehulk , ghulk or even the thing in terms of damage or utility , that should find him great fan base even in game. we all seen how popular she hulk became after her buff