**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Now that tanking has been squashed, time to look at Shell Alliances.

2»

Comments

• Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Aryl said:

^^^yep

I still don't understand those people disagreeing and defending this behavior.

Yep. Also something I didn't mention is that these guys last placed in season 8 in silver 2. They aren't even trying to hide that they are a shell alliance. It's honestly pathetic and I legitimately don't understand what motivates people to cheat like this.
    Right. Just play the damn game. It's frustrating that people go to these lengths.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    The biggest flaw to op's idea has been given. You lower their ratings and put them up against alliances that are not in the same bracket, they get beat up and lose awards but the pubished alliance continues to collect things to grow more champs. And as for why? It is because EVERYTHING in this game takes work to aquire. Kabam, rather than making a few things rare and difficult to aquire, has chosen to make EVERYTHING difficult to aquire. And the higher the tier the more difficult. I have always felt Kabam should make a choice! Make the champs easier to get or make the stuff to raise them easier to get...millions of pieces scattered everywhere! Cheaters cheat to make it easier...not saying it would stop cheating but it would make it seem less neccessary to some. As players reach the higher tier champs it becomes very much like a job to keep growing your ratings.
  • Options
    Maybe they should create a "jailhouse" league and make the cheaters play other cheaters...
  • Options
    Give em all an unchangable title "jailhouse league." So other alliances se em coming.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Rating degeneration makes sense ...

People religiously defended any anti-tanking measure as well for months ... The off-seasons are much much better after the rating freeze.

Better, not perfect. Shell alliances have not been stopped in the slightest which is now the main problem. Cheaters still have access to easier rewards.

I think a better way to stop this would simply be to offer better rewards at higher war tiers. Currently tiers 1-5 get the exact same amount of 5* shards no matter what tier they’re in which only serves to incentivize those alliances engaged in shells.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Haji_Saab said:

People religiously defended any anti-tanking measure as well for months ... The off-seasons are much much better after the rating freeze.

Better, not perfect. Shell alliances have not been stopped in the slightest which is now the main problem. Cheaters still have access to easier rewards.

I think a better way to stop this would simply be to offer better rewards at higher war tiers. Currently tiers 1-5 get the exact same amount of 5* shards no matter what tier they’re in which only serves to incentivize those alliances engaged in shells.
    those in the top 5 are not concerned with the 5* shared, but the 6* and the rank up materials which is different.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Haji_Saab said:

those in the top 5 are not concerned with the 5* shared, but the 6* and the rank up materials which is different.
    Not top 5. Tiers 1-5 which is like top 800 alliances. I realize the ones at the top don’t need the 5* shards but there are plenty of Platinum alliances that still want easy shards, hence the shell alliances.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    They're not shelling for easy shards but rather easy wins for an easier season overall. Personally I hate seeing the shells as it just seems disingenuous and feels wrong. I'm not entirely sure how you can fix this 100% but it seems whatever Kabam eventually does may have to affect alliances taking war breaks for an extended period of time as well.
  • Options
    Reposting since it got taken down before (presumably for name of the profile.) Shell alliance stating last war ranking of gold 2 from season 8 but everyone in it is season 11 war elite title holder. Nothing like a -77 point hit to your war rating for an essentially unwinnable war.