**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"SUMMONER’S SIGIL"?

2»

Comments

• Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    @SquishyjrThe_4TH I can get that you'd rather spend the UNITS than $$$. That's understandable. Maybe Kabam would take that into consideration.

For the real $ cost though, this is a pretty good deal. Much better than I'm used to seeing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

This should not have been a pay vs free player thing in the first place

The Inventory increase is the only thing I can reason with that argument. The rest is reasonable benefits from a Subscription Service. Not that I'm arguing for the increase. Just that I understand how that's something people would expect for free.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

@GroundedWisdom and @Vdh2008
    You both are missing the point to why the community is mad and pissed off. The perks aren’t game changing we get that. But the problem is that the marketing part of it all of be completely fine if it were a unit based offer. Make it 1000 units a month I’ll be fine with that.
    But this isn’t just a one time thing:

These are re occurring meaning that the more you miss out the greater the gap between the people that have it and the ones that don’t.
    This is an incredible disappointment even for me, and trust me there are posts were I am in favor of the marketing and the difference in cost per title. It’s should be available for the whole via units. We’ve asked for all these changes before both F2P and P2W, it’s simply a middle finger and FU to the player base

There's always going to be a gap. What they do, very carefully I might add, is balance that so the gap isn't great enough to make it impossible for F2P Players to progress. As I said before, as long as some spend and some don't, there will be people who have what others don't. That can't be avoided.

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    issamaf80 said:

You both are missing the point to why the community is mad and pissed off. The perks aren’t game changing we get that. But the problem is that the marketing part of it all of be completely fine if it were a unit based offer. Make it 1000 units a month I’ll be fine with that.

These are re occurring meaning that the more you miss out the greater the gap between the people that have it and the ones that don’t.
    This is an incredible disappointment even for me, and trust me there are posts were I am in favor of the marketing and the difference in cost per title. It’s should be available for the whole via units. We’ve asked for all these changes before both F2P and P2W, it’s simply a middle finger and FU to the player base

There's always going to be a gap. What they do, very carefully I might add, is balance that so the gap isn't great enough to make it impossible for F2P Players to progress. As I said before, as long as some spend and some don't, there will be people who have what others don't. That can't be avoided.

He isn't wrong. Thus far the content is mostly doable with the right roster and skill. Sometimes that takes patience, but nothing requires money to pass in the current game.
    issamaf80 said:

No, I'm not. In this game, you have people that play for free, and people that spend. Which means people who pay will have what others don't have.
  • OpieN98OpieN98 Posts: 7
    I don't get why everyone is always throwing a fit when for profit companies try and make money. There is nothing "game breaking" in this new service. It is OPTIONAL. You can play this game for free or you can spend as much as you want on it. This is how most mobile games are, if they don't generate revenue then they cease to exist. Be glad that there are people that will take advantage of this and other offers so the game continues. Personally I'm happy with all of the new content that has been released in the last year, it's not always perfect and there have been some poor decisions(no 4 stars in act 6) but they are definitely on top of it more than games I have played in the past.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Because this game makes more than enough money that it doesnt need a subscription service. These are things we should be getting anyways without having to cough up cold hard cash
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    OpieN98 said:

I don't get why everyone is always throwing a fit when for profit companies try and make money. There is nothing "game breaking" in this new service. It is OPTIONAL. You can play this game for free or you can spend as much as you want on it. This is how most mobile games are, if they don't generate revenue then they cease to exist. Be glad that there are people that will take advantage of this and other offers so the game continues. Personally I'm happy with all of the new content that has been released in the last year, it's not always perfect and there have been some poor decisions(no 4 stars in act 6) but they are definitely on top of it more than games I have played in the past.

They are paywalling quality of life improvements which is just horrendous

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

No, I'm not. In this game, you have people that play for free, and people that spend. Which means people who pay will have what others don't have.
    This is p2w on top of a ridiculous amount of p2w already
    First of all, it's not that large a gap. I doubt anyone will be catapulted by what's included.
    Secondly, this game has spenders. That's just how it is. As long as it does, it's not reasonable to expect to have what others spent for. The other alternative is get rid of spending, reduce the quality of the game to one riddled with Pop-Ups, and no one wins.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I can't wait for the bug sigil subscription where they fix all of their bugs,.....for a price of course.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    OpieN98 said:

My problem is the gold and item increase locked behind the paywall, which is arguably too far for a money based purchase. Apparently (I have not verified this) Kabam event 9 million off of this game last month alone. If that is the case, they do not need to demand payment for these benefits. I’m all for a subscription service, just not one as big as this one

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

First of all, it's not that large a gap. I doubt anyone will be catapulted by what's included.
    Secondly, this game has spenders. That's just how it is. As long as it does, it's not reasonable to expect to have what others spent for. The other alternative is get rid of spending, reduce the quality of the game to one riddled with Pop-Ups, and no one wins.
    It’s quality of life improvements
    Next it’ll be the arena is Improved for summoner sigil even though everyone wants it
    Kobster84 said:

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

It’s quality of life improvements
    Next it’ll be the arena is Improved for summoner sigil even though everyone wants it
    As I said before, the only aspect I can understand that side of the argument with is Inventory limits. The rest is Items you can earn in the game that come with a reasonable boost as a result of the purchase.
    Werewrym said:

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

If you add up all the potential benefits that this will give people it is actually a rather sizable bonus to people that spend. Putting things like added inventory space behind a paywall is frankly insulting. Summoners have wanted this for years but introducing it behind a paywall? Not cool at all.
    Inventory? Fair enough. The rest is reasonable. People ARE paying for it. There's nothing unfair about that.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    IMO not that it matters. This is a decent offer really. If you want a game to play having a subscription type of service makes sense. As long as they don't take away the daily units card I will be fine. I will get both. If it means it enhances the game etc. I can't imagine how much money Kabam is "losing" thanks to retiring players who have lost the will to play because of the status of the game and the refund policy. I have seen a lot drop off in the past two months. This may save a few of them. But it's also not bad price wise.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

If you add up all the potential benefits that this will give people it is actually a rather sizable bonus to people that spend. Putting things like added inventory space behind a paywall is frankly insulting. Summoners have wanted this for years but introducing it behind a paywall? Not cool at all.
    Inventory? Fair enough. The rest is reasonable. People ARE paying for it. There's nothing unfair about that.
    My big problem is that this is "extra content". Players actually have to do something after paying for the sigil to get the rewards. If it was resources people were buying we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. This is fundamentally additional content that is hidden behind a paywall. MCoC has always been good at making all content available to ALL players. Apparently that is no longer something they care about doing and that is what disappoints me the most.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    $10 bucks a month isn't bad. I've settled into $5 a month as long as that unit card offer keeps recurring - will need to see if that would replace a similar amount of units or if the daily card offer is better to keep running with.

I was free to play for awhile and I'm by no means a blubbery whale, but I will give some money. Over 4 years, I've spent less than $100 on this game. But Ive played it for a long time and enjoy so I'm OK with them getting some money from me, whether it's on an offer once a year or a small thing a month that's $5 or $10.

On my initial read, this seems like a nice, but inessential, perk so I haven't even decided on what I'm going to do yet. But I don't think it's some game breaker to those who are purely free to play.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

Why bring about a subscription service when people have been asking for inventory increase, more gold, and all of the other things in the Sigil?
    Siliyo said:

Werewrym said:

issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

Why bring about a subscription service when people have been asking for inventory increase, more gold, and all of the other things in the Sigil?
    The Inventory increase, I'm not sure of. You would have to ask their reasoning. I could venture a guess and say so that what they pay for doesn't expire, but that's a bit presumptive on my part. More Gold is a never-ending issue. There's Gold in the game. People spend it faster than they make it. It's available to earn and many people have it and manage it. That much is a reasonable additive for paying. They've been offering more Gold for a price for years.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Kabam.... stop this madness...