**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Basic and Twin Crystals

I have an idea for two new types of crystals you could add to the contest. It would help address two issues.

Issue 1: As more and more and more champions get added to the Contest, it becomes harder and harder and harder to duplicate your existing champs. This makes it harder to awaken their signature abilities and harder to get the ISO you need to level up champions.

Issue 2: There seems to be a recent trend to make every new champion added to the Contest super super overly complicated with pages of text to read if you want to figure out their abilities. While this is fine, I guess. It's also potentially off-putting to brand new players just learning the game. There ought to be a learning curve.

So I propose these two new crystal types.

Crystal type one: the Twin Crystal

This crystal can come in 3*, 4*, 5*, or premium (2-4*) varieties. You can award fully formed ones or shards, and give them out as rewards in monthly event quests. Premium ones for beginner difficulty... 5* ones as rewards for special challenges, etc.

A Twin Crystal works exactly the same as other hero crystals, except that you are guaranteed to get a duplicate copy of a hero already in your inventory. Simple. If you get a 5* Twin Crystal and don't already have any 5* heroes in your inventory... either it can't open or it just gives you a random champion.

Crystal type two: the Basic Hero Crystal

This crystal can also come in different varieties.. 2*, 3*, 4*, 5* and premium (2-4*). Awarded fully formed or in shards. Each Basic Hero Crystal awards one of these heroes: Star Lord, Wolverine, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, Storm, Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, Iron Fist, Iron Man, or Captain Marvel. 2 from each class. Each of these heroes is strong, but also very simple and easy to understand. The real "entry level" champion.

I would suggest changing the awards of Summoner Trials to give out Basic Hero Crystals... or you could give some Premium Hero Crystal shards and some Basic Hero Crystal shards. Milestone rewards would give the 2* or Premium Basic Hero Crystal shards. And rank rewards for top 50 or 100 summoners could give out 3* or 4* Basic Hero Crystals, or 5* Basic Hero Crystal shards.

You could also put Basic Hero Crystals in the Beginner or Normal difficulty of monthly event quests, and maybe even insert them into some of the rewards for Act 1 and Act 2 of story mode.

This would be good for beginner players. They would get good, solid champs that they can understand how to play right off the bat.

And these crystals would probably also be sought after by veteran players... because some of these champs (Star Lord, Hulk, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch) are still some of the best in the game. But in the current game environment obtaining them, let alone duping them, is extremely difficult.

Comments

• I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017
    I'm not sure what I liked more, if your ideas or your nick.
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    It's called awakening gems... boo.. boo...
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    It's called awakening gems... boo.. boo...

many significant differences between an awakening gem and what I'm proposing.

Awakening gems can be used on any champion that you choose. A Twin Crystal would randomly give you a champion that you already have.
    Awakening gems awaken a champion giving you one signature level and nothing else. A Twin Crystal might awaken a champion if you duplicate an unawakened champion, or it might simply dupe an already awakened champion giving you gold, ISO, and multiple signature levels.

There's quite a big difference between the two, and I think it would be nice to see the Twin Crystals. I think they would be valuable, though some would complain about them- but those people don't understand the value of duping champions.

The Basic Crystals are even more different than Awakening Gems, though the fact that they would only give you one of 12 random champions would mean that the odds you would awaken one of those champions would be significantly higher. I also think this would be a good thing as most of those champions depend on being awakened.
  • Ivanka_HumpalotIvanka_Humpalot Posts: 51
    Year and a half later, even more champs added to the game and this idea seems even better than ever.

I had another idea to expand on it.

Instead of making a specific type of different crystal with a different pool of crystal shards, how about just making special premium crystals available for purchase using the shards you've already got? Similar to how you can buy a premium 5* hero crystal or a premium 6* hero crystal for 15,000 shards of the appropriate type.

I'm thinking of two different kinds which I'm sure would be popular - a 5* and 6* "twin crystal" which should cost either the same as a basic hero crystal or maybe 10-15% more. These twin crystals would guarantee you a champion from the basic pool that matched one of the champions that you already had in your collection, so it would be a guaranteed dupe, 20 sig levels, and a bunch of ISO. I can see these being very popular as a 6* if you pull a 6* champion that you would like to awaken, and you didn't have that many, you could buy a 6* twin crystal for 11,000 shards or something like that and you'd have a 1 in 3 or 1 in 6 (depending on how many 6*s you own) chance of duping the hero you were trying to. That would be cool.

And then also it might be nice to have a 5* and 6* "new hero crystal"... these could be available for 12 or 13k shards maybe and guarantee you one champion from the basic pool that is NOT in your collection. This would be a nice option for people trying to round out their 5* collection of heroes.

In addition to the dungeon crystals both of these ideas would be a nice way to help summoners obtain or awaken specific champions they were looking for, and as the number of champs in the game grows larger and larger every month it becomes increasingly necessary to have something like this.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    The problem with this suggestion is there's only one pool for Champs on the server, for everyone. That would require Lord knows how many algorithms for everyone's Roster, depending on what they have or don't have. The server doesn't access what you have. You open the Crystal, and it generates an outcome from the pool on the server. It's not much of an interaction in terms of what we have.