**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Some nodes should NOT be in the Labs Events

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
So we're 2 days in to the new month. And while the Sinister Labs are interesting as a concept, I really feel like they need a LOT more fine-tuning.
They're the worst kind of non-repetitive. You never know what you're going to face (to any degree), and that means that unless you have a good mutant and a LOT of spare Sense boosts, or a ton of Randomisers (I straight up used around 20 just so I could get master done 100% today), you just are NOT going to be able to be prepared for what you go up against.
And there are some horrible nodes that I really think should be removed from the list of randomised nodes.
- Slashed Tires and Thorns. These are just horrible nodes that immediately take health away from you for things that are really just inevitable. If it was a smaller amount of damage for each time you activated the Dexterity mastery in the case of Slashed Tires, I could understand that. But for just dashing back? Or hitting the opponent (which btw if you didn't know that's how you defeat people)? That's punishing in a way that just isn't fair. (and not to mention that it works off of effective attack, not base attack... yeah slumber + slashed tires is not fun)
- Micro Reflect. I can somewhat understand putting Particle Protector in. But Micro-Reflect is unavoidable damage.
- Safeguard and Prove Yourself. These nodes just unnecessarily elongate the fight, to a ridiculous degree in some cases.
- Aspect of War. It's a poorly designed node to begin with, and nobody enjoys extended Unblockable fights. Also please remove Brawl, or make it so that the defender deals like 25% of normal damage and can't inflict debuffs when those passives are active. I understand that it looks funny, but it's just way too much Unstoppable.
- Starburst. Again, another node that deals unavoidable damage.

I do like the whole labs thing as a concept; I really do. But it's just too random. We already have enough RNG-controlled stuff already in the game; we don't need an entire event that revolves around it.

Comments

• pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    edited September 2019
    This was by far the worst event I've played since I first started the game (about 10m).

All that you said above +

1) Super time-consuming and way too long: 12 fights p/level. Thus assuming you are someone that want all the rewards and do all levels, we're talking 48 fights p/day. And, just for this single part of the content. Even Master+Epic only would be 24. That's just too much for a single piece of EXTRA content.

2) Not only incredible difficult and left to the RNG Gods, but you also waste a hell lot of time (if you are not a node-expert) reading all those novels and possible combos.

3) Rewards not worth it.

As you mention, I do like the concept, they do make you think a bit and it's not only about cheesing through content. However, really needs to be refined. I just started to miss one or two events... then at some point I just stopped carrying.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Agree

I had 1% regeneration and safeguard against sentinel

This combination shouldnt be there

Or a bleed invulnerability against morningstar

that is why they make randomizers.
  • As someone else stated in a related thread, the labs is like doing homework, it is in no way funny to play