**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Solid proof that Sinister Labs is so RNG and Roster Dependent

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
I apologize for saying this but Sinister Labs is very dependent on your roster, especially Epic level. RNG also plays a critical role who you’re up against. Yesterday was a breeze with an R4 5* ArchAngel.

I’ve done all Epic and Master Sinister Labs to date with no items used. Wasn’t the same with MODOK’s labs when I was much weaker. Sure, I’ve exited several times if the RNG gives difficult match ups but having a strong roster helps big time. Used boosts a few times. Just really time consuming but doable when you’re roster can tank the nodes.

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins said:

Judging by the rewards, epic is designed for near top tier players who already have big rosters with multiple r5s.

If you don't have that then of course it's going to be a pain.

Did it 100% with 6* r2 rulk, r1 sentinel, 5* r4 hype, shehulk, whos heavy I can't chain, and r3 domino to pass mut gates, so basically I use only 4 champs
  • BadabibidonBadabibidon Posts: 86
    I understand what you mean. The less useful your champs are in general the harder the enemies and nodes will be. Not "random" at all. And if you start the quest with like, eg, 5* archangel, magik, ghost Rider, blade, and Stark Spidey maxed out. Then 1.) The enemies will be weaker champions in general, 2.) The nodes will typically be more or less reasonable and, 3.) The A.I. won't suddenly behave differently.
    Not to mention the "random" lags, that cause you to loose your focus and possibly your combo, the obviously altered ability accuracy changes, and things like the enemy blocking in the middle of your combo or completely ignoring your blocks/evades/parry.
    I understand.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Absolutely zero proof of anything in this post...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Random means random. What you bring has nothing to do with it. There's only so many Nodes to circulate.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    What a minute, so difficult content requires an advanced and diverse account? What is this witchcraft?!
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I have a roster to get through sinister lab I just don’t find it worth it
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    The labs are beyond easy, if you’re having difficulty, you’re meant to do easier levels. Epic isn’t meant for everyone.

🐻
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★

I understand what you mean. The less useful your champs are in general the harder the enemies and nodes will be. Not "random" at all. And if you start the quest with like, eg, 5* archangel, magik, ghost Rider, blade, and Stark Spidey maxed out. Then 1.) The enemies will be weaker champions in general, 2.) The nodes will typically be more or less reasonable and, 3.) The A.I. won't suddenly behave differently.
    Not to mention the "random" lags, that cause you to loose your focus and possibly your combo, the obviously altered ability accuracy changes, and things like the enemy blocking in the middle of your combo or completely ignoring your blocks/evades/parry.
    I understand.

That is completely false. I go in with 4 5/65. Sometimes I have to re-roll numerous times so I don’t have to fight with unavoidable damage nodes. Also, I don’t always get a team of easy champs to fight.
  • Imagine facing that starlord .....probably like the realm of leagend s
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Shrimkins said:

Judging by the rewards, epic is designed for near top tier players who already have big rosters with multiple r5s.

I use one 5/65(blade),a couple of 4/55 and a couple of 5/50 champs to clear most of my epic runs...but that's probably cuz I am lucky to have Emma as a 4/55 who handles all immunity related stuff..starky at 4/55 along with blade at 5/65 with a 5/50 GR for synergy and the last spot goes to my 5/50 quake to deal with curve all situations...but this team of mine works really well in labs...u just gotta find the right team setup which can cover as many bases as possible
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Shrimkins said:

I use one 5/65(blade),a couple of 4/55 and a couple of 5/50 champs to clear most of my epic runs...but that's probably cuz I am lucky to have Emma as a 4/55 who handles all immunity related stuff..starky at 4/55 along with blade at 5/65 with a 5/50 GR for synergy and the last spot goes to my 5/50 quake to deal with curve all situations...but this team of mine works really well in labs...u just gotta find the right team setup which can cover as many bases as possible
    I never said it wasn't possible without multiple r5s. It's just harder and can be a pain.

When I have my r5s available, I barely have to think, and just steamroll through it all. When they are all tied up in AQ/AW and I have to use r4s, it's a little tougher.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    If there is one thing I always thank the forum for teaching me at an early stage in playing this game....

If it feels to difficult, rewards are not justified (in the summoners’ opinion).... just leave it alone mehnnn, just leave it alone.

Save your potions, save your units and just leave it alone.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Epic should be cavalier difficulty honestly. PI jumps from 10-15k in master to 30K+in epic. Epic should be 20k and cavalier 30k (with better rewards). Next iteration I hope goes back to one path with 3 nodes - 12 fights is just too time consuming.

Positives:
    I liked that they gave you option to back out and go back in and one total pool of entries. That was welcomed changed. Also like that they made randomizes last 7 days in overflow versus what I think used to be 2-3 days. It helps account for some of volatility. Some days barely use any. Other days may be using 8 on individual fights since keep getting bad combos of nodes or something my team can’t handle.