**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why no Weapon X as a Released Champ???

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
So, we have already seen Weapon X twice now if memory serves. Once as a Quest boss. So, why haven't you released him as a playable champ Kabam??

He would be Flat Out AWESOME!!!

Some sort of legal battle between Disney and Fox over rights to the character??

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Because there are no plans to release him yet
  • Options
    Well thank you Captain Insight. That clears it ALL up. Lol
  • Options
    NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Because he wears no pants
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    HQ101 wrote: »
    Well thank you Captain Insight. That clears it ALL up. Lol

TheN why did you asked in the first place? No plans to release him yet. Simple.
    He was only there due to the story of the quest
  • Options
    Well, considering ALL other champs have been eventually released fairly soon after their initital appearance, WITH ONE GLARING EXCEPTION...WEAPON X, it leads me to believe there may be some reason behind it. He has been around for a while now and appeared in two quests so far.

I thought it may have something to do with movie rights. Fox ownership of the character.. ie...the same reason we don't see Fantastic Four or Doctor Doom.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    Well, considering ALL other champs have been eventually released fairly soon after their initital appearance, WITH ONE GLARING EXCEPTION...WEAPON X, it leads me to believe there may be some reason behind it. He has been around for a while now and appeared in two quests so far.

I thought it may have something to do with movie rights. Fox ownership of the character.. ie...the same reason we don't see Fantastic Four or Doctor Doom.

3 exceptions. Weapon X Wolverine, Dark Phoenix and Maestro (though I think he'll be given as a prize for ROFL when the release it)
    ...Actually, there are several exceptions: Electro Luke, Spider Gwen, etc from the Modok quest
  • Options
    420down420down Posts: 170
    At the time he first came out in event quest he was pretty over powered. He was the boss on the first map and he was tougher then the final boss.

Good call gbsarkar. I wish they had released frank strange. He would have been killer.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Weapon X is too powerful. Keep him getting dust kabam, thanks.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »

3 exceptions. Weapon X Wolverine, Dark Phoenix and Maestro (though I think he'll be given as a prize for ROFL when the release it)
    ...Actually, there are several exceptions: Electro Luke, Spider Gwen, etc from the Modok quest

ROFL?
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »

ROFL?

The next ".... of Legends" type quest
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Ah. OK. Thanks.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 ★★★★★
    Weapon X (Age of Apocalypse), the one without the left claw would be interesting. B)