**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please Fix of Get Rid of Slumber

Just fought Gambit on Slumber and Encroaching Stun in labs, 2/3 times it did not apply the power lock. No it's not Juggs, or Mordo or paired wit masochism. This node is completely 50/50 on whether it will apply the power or not.
Happens all the time in Dungeons to without any relevant node interactions.
PLEASE FIX THIS

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Do you have pacify mastery, or are you reducing ability accuracy atthe start of the fight?
    If so, that's it
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    @will-o-wisp I do have max pacify, but it's always the power lock and not the stun that gets prevented.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★

Do you have pacify mastery, or are you reducing ability accuracy atthe start of the fight?
    If so, that's it

Again, the Pacify mastery states “when your heroes inflict stun...”. This is a Stun from a node and if the wording is accurate , Pacify shouldn’t come into play.

Little off topic but I had this combo in a dungeon the other day:

MikeHock said:

If so, that's it

Again, the Pacify mastery states “when your heroes inflict stun...”. This is a Stun from a node and if the wording is accurate , Pacify shouldn’t come into play.

Yes, but mod's confirmed that pacify and ability accuracy will interact with slumber. The asnwer was posted in a thread, but you can find at least a screenshot of it around there
    edited September 2019

MikeHock said:

If so, that's it

Yes, but mod's confirmed that pacify and ability accuracy will interact with slumber. The asnwer was posted in a thread, but you can find at least a screenshot of it around there
    I searched around a little bit but couldn’t find anything that specified pacify would affect the slumber node, only that slumber node can be affected by aar.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/152269/nightcrawler-not-getting-power-lock-from-slumber
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

MikeHock said:

If so, that's it

I searched around a little bit but couldn’t find anything that specified pacify would affect the slumber node, only that slumber node can be affected by aar.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/152269/nightcrawler-not-getting-power-lock-from-slumber
    Pacify is AAR, it reduced ability accuracy by up to 30% while stunned.
    edited September 2019
    Lormif said:

MikeHock said:

MikeHock said:

If so, that's it

Yes and the pacify mastery states “when your hero inflicts a stun debuff...”. We’re not stunning; the node is.
    MikeHock said:

Lormif said:

MikeHock said:

MikeHock said:

If so, that's it

Yes and the pacify mastery states “when your hero inflicts a stun debuff...”. We’re not stunning; the node is.
    That first part is likely just flavor text, the game is just considering any stun being from the defender.
    I understand what y’all are saying; would just be nice to have clarification from Kabam on this.
    MikeHock said:

I understand what y’all are saying; would just be nice to have clarification from Kabam on this.

We already did in the NC thread, the mod was referencing pacify.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    This doesn't make sense, Aar champs don't affect debuffs. Bw or crossbones Aar don't stop power lock or stop the defender from stunning when you parry them
    Speeds80 said:

This doesn't make sense, Aar champs don't affect debuffs. Bw or crossbones Aar don't stop power lock or stop the defender from stunning when you parry them

They do. Decreasing opponent's ability accuracy will decrease the change to proc debuffs on you, deppending on what ability accuracy you are reducing and how that debuff is placed.
    BW and Crossbones don't start the fight decreasing the ability accuracy. The moment the stun is placed, you aren't affectingany ability from proccing, and therefore the debuffs get applied
    “Hey there, the different parts of the Slumber node (the Stun Debuff, Power Lock Debuff, and the Fury Passive Effect) can all be affected by, and potentially prevented by, ability accuracy reduction“

Is the exact quote. The only ones who mentioned pacify were the players.

Would just help if a mod can clarify this is or isn’t working as intended.

Does pacify , which states “when your heroes inflict stun”, affect the slumber node ? Because the stun comes from the node and not our heroes.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    That's stupid. Being powerlocked should not be reduced by our AAR regardless of whether or not pacify should apply to a stun from a node. It should reduce the opponents abilities, not negative effects on the opponent. If we parry someone with suicides does pacify reduce the bleed/poison? Or if we bleed them and then parry is the bleed reduced? Pretty sure it isn't. Sounds to me like it's bugged and the Mod was wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I've seen it. Regardless, it's stupid.