**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Strategy Discussion: Dungeons VS Regular 5* Crystal Shards (long)

pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
edited September 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Hi folks,

With the recent addition of 5* Crystal shards, I've been re-thinking my strategy on a mid-term to make the best of the dungeons shards - would appreciate your 2 cent here. To bear in mind:
- Dungeons crystals 27,000 d shards
- 5* crystals 22,000 d shards
- My understanding is that one can accumulate 15,450 d shards p/entire dungeons event (Tier 1 / All milestones / 3,090 p/3day event).

That said, I drafted below a Strategy a) Opening 5* crystal only, and b) Opening Dungeons Crystal only. Do assume 0 shards to start with and anything you already have is surplus.

* (SKIP TO THE CONCLUSION IF TOO LONG FOR YOU) *

1st Month
a)/b) No Crystal openings + 15,450 shards.

2nd Month
a) 5* Crystal Champ + 8,900 shards (2x15,450 - 22,000)
b) Dungeoun Crystal Champ + 3,900 shards (2x15,450 - 27,000)

3rd Month
a) 5* Crystal Champ + 2,350 shards for next time (15,450 + 8,900 - 22,000)
b) No crystal + 19,350 shards for next time (15,450 + 3,900 )

4th Month
a) No crystal + 17,800 shards for next time (15,450 + 2,350 - 22,000)
b) Dungeoun Crystal Champ + 7,800 shards for next time (15,450 + 19,350 - 27,000)

5th Month
a) 5* Crystal Champ + 11,250 shards for next time (15,450 + 17,800 - 22,000)
b) No crystal + 23,250 shards for next time (15,450 + 7,800)

6th Month
a) 5* Crystal Champ + 4,700 shards for next time (15,450 + 11,250 - 22,000)
b) Dungeoun Crystal Champ + 11,700 shards for next time (15,450 + 23,250)

7th Month
a) No crystal + 20,150 shards for next time (15,450 + 4,700)
b) Dungeoun Crystal Champ + 150 shards for next time (15,450 + 11,700 - 27,000)

* (CONCLUSION)*

I could go on with the above... but in essence, thinking just on a mid-term, both Strategy a) and b) gets you 4x 5* Champs at the 7month. That said, seems that the 5* crystals are a bit misleading. While they do bring the benefit of "quantity" faster, the dungeouns crystal turnover is just on the following month. And obviously the later has all the added benefit of a better chance on the champ you want (although this is very arguable as you all know).

Would love to here are your thoughts on this?

Not sure if I'm overlooking something here and/or the maths are correct but would like your thoughts whether if a 5* champ extra and the less likelihood of getting the champ you want are worthy.

Ow, and a big PS that got me thinking... the dungeons crystals last about 90d so in theory.. you have alternatively, every 3 months, either 1 or 2 shots at the crystal you want and never more than that. (Not sure when they expire)

Cheers

Comments

• TheRenegade98TheRenegade98 Posts: 120
    It depends solely on individual preference my guy. For instance, last time I opened a regular crystal due to the fact that the dungeon crystals were nice, having the likes of corvus and so on inside em, but the odds to pull one of my wanted champs were low (I consider anything less than half as low) so I opted for the basic crystal... This time, I'm going for the nightmare crystal because there's a 6/10 shot that I get a champ that I want, worth the gamble in my opinion... However you can also make stupid decisions and go for a dungeon crystal even though it might contain 1/10 champs you want, whicg is exactly what I intend to do when I see that damn evasive km pop up in one of em... It's all preference and juggling some basic probability bud, cheers.
  • LOL @TheRenegade98 you do have a great point there! All makes sense and indeed each case is a case :D

After re-reading my novel and concluding the number you get after 6 months it's just about the same, it does sound I’m overthinking here. I guess I just wanted some validation to maximize roster management efficiency but truth is that by the end of the day, all crystal opening comes down to RNG. Not even the 6/10 shot might get what one wants which makes all this mumbo jumbo useless.

Anyway, I found a strategy that makes sense in my case ( where I care about 1/2 champs of all these crystals BUT both need to be awakened to be useful: Omega Red and Aegon) so I guess that even if I pulled them, I wouldn't be giving much use anyway. So, for now, I'll just keep going for the regular one (that have a larger pool of champs I need an don't need to dup - immediate use) and if I do happen to pull an OR or Aegon for example, then the Dungeon crystals will serve the purpose of duping them.
    It's all probability and rng buddy, keep in mind whenever you see a champ you want badly, there's a 1/10 chance you get him/her, whereas in the basic crystal there's a 1/however many champs there are
  • Ok bud... gotta lov the irony of this game LOL

So I went for a 5* regular one and look what I got:

Lmao that's so cruel for my eyes to perceive... I've been on the hunt for him since I recognized his worth... Congrats tho, he's a gem of a champ and try his synergy with ws 5* if you have him