**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Questions regarding Medusa armor break/armor shutter interaction

arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
With new change armor break and armor shutter will be different debuffs, can you please explain the following:
1. Will armor shutter still be applied by. 6 armor breaks?
2. Will you be able to armor break with armor shutter is active?
3. Less important question, but also needed to be asked, If those are 2 different bebuffs, why some champs that immune to armor break also will automatically immune to armor shutter?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,856 ★★★★★
    For medusa, armor shattered will still be applied after 6 armor breaks, and armor shattered opponent's won't gain any more armor break debuffs. That will not change.

For the other question, I'm still not sure. Thing for example is immune to both, but I don't know how Medusa will handle armor break immunity nodes for example, since her armor shattered is being recognized as an armor break
  • Options
    The second question is really important one. You also mentioned another aspect that needed to addressed regarding armor break immunity nodes.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,758 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    @Kabam Miike Can you give us real-game hypotheticals on how Medusa’s debuffs will work?

For example, how does she function against KM and IWIM? Same? Same as she does now (when she’s bugged)? Or different?

Guidance appreciated.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

@Kabam Miike Can you give us real-game hypotheticals on how Medusa’s debuffs will work?

For example, how does she function against KM and IWIM? Same? Same as she does now (when she’s bugged)? Or different?

Guidance appreciated.

Dr. Zola

She will function the same. Armor shattered will cancel vibranium armor, and against IW IM will remove an armor up (still won't avoid others from proc since they are passive).
  • Options

DrZola said:

Guidance appreciated.

Dr. Zola

She will function the same. Armor shattered will cancel vibranium armor, and against IW IM will remove an armor up (still won't avoid others from proc since they are passive).
    That’s what I would think.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    I thought i read that even though they are 2 different debuffs bc new champs are getting armor shattered that medusas armor shattered will have all the properties of her armor break and this is for things like km, emma, ghost interaction so shattered stops those abilities bc it has the armor break prooerties but ONLY for her they wont work on passive armor ups to prevent them and also wont work against bulwark node bc they are immune to armor break so therefor immune to her shatter bc it has the properties of her break, EVEN THOUGH they are now gonna be 2 different debuffs....and node isnt immune to shatter just break, only thing and soon colossus so shatter wont stop him either.... Am i understanding this correctly?

DrZola said:

Guidance appreciated.

Dr. Zola

I thought i read that even though they are 2 different debuffs bc new champs are getting armor shattered that medusas armor shattered will have all the properties of her armor break and this is for things like km, emma, ghost interaction so shattered stops those abilities bc it has the armor break prooerties but ONLY for her they wont work on passive armor ups to prevent them and also wont work against bulwark node bc they are immune to armor break so therefor immune to her shatter bc it has the properties of her break, EVEN THOUGH they are now gonna be 2 different debuffs....and node isnt immune to shatter just break, only thing and soon colossus are, so shatter wont stop colossus either.... Am i understanding this correctly?
  • Options
    I have another question, if I apply armor shutter and will be able to armor break after it, this means I can apply multiple armor shutters (without throwing sp3)?

@Kabam Miike we will really appreciate if you post a developer notes regarding the changes
  • Options
    arni2 said:

I have another question, if I apply armor shutter and will be able to armor break after it, this means I can apply multiple armor shutters (without throwing sp3)?

@Kabam Miike we will really appreciate if you post a developer notes regarding the changes

You wont ve abke to do tgat. That is still part of her ability, is not changing in any way
  • Options
    How did you decided it? There is no definitive explanation in the post?
  • Options
    Because is a base mechanic of armor shattered itself. The post doesn't say anything about that part, so at least we know that won't chance.
    Besides, she always worked the same way up until now. We can even say that she was "bug" since her release up until now, that this is becoming oficially part of her abilities
  • Options
    Till now armor shutter prevented from KM to get his reverb armor, according to the change and what you saying, once you armor shutter, you won’t be able to armor break. This definitely breaking the champ.
    I don’t want to get into speculations this why I asked @Kabam Miike to post developer notes regarding the change. I even hope small beta can be created to test the changes.
  • Options
    Up until now, armor shattered did not allow Killmonger to get his vibranium armor back. That was the issue, since it should technically not happen. Killmonger armor should be disabled only for the duration of an armor break debuff, not for an armor shattered debuff. So, she was bypassing his ability by mistake.

Now that "issue" is becoming an ability, in order to not change how she always worked up until now. So when under an armor shattered debuff, Killmonger won't gain his armor, because this armor shattered debuff is being classified as an armor break debuff as well
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Up until now, armor shattered did not allow Killmonger to get his vibranium armor back. That was the issue, since it should technically not happen. Killmonger armor should be disabled only for the duration of an armor break debuff, not for an armor shattered debuff. So, she was bypassing his ability by mistake.

Now that "issue" is becoming an ability, in order to not change how she always worked up until now. So when under an armor shattered debuff, Killmonger won't gain his armor, because this armor shattered debuff is being classified as an armor break debuff as well

It can’t bypass it “by mistake”, this ability in game from day she and KM introduced, videos were made about it, it wasn’t hidden “trick”. We already learned that kabam adjusting game as they want, at least they can do some beta tests with community to find issues before it goes live

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Just wondering, first question I thought of .. if she applies 2 "debuffs" at the same time ... how does that interact with something like Masochism?

I'm assuming only 1 debuff will be consumed by Masochism ... will it be random? or do they apply in the same order, and if so, which order?
    In short: which debuff gets consumed by Masochism, which one persists ?
  • Options
    We need beta test it, I really hope they will make a beta test for her, and yes, it’s changing her abilities, I’m sure many will ask for rank down tickets, although she still good defender
  • Options
    No ... she will not change from what she always was until now. And yes, armor shattered wasn't suppose to counter Killmonger armor, since that can only be countered by armor break debuffs (which armor shattered is not).
    Basically, only some text will be added to her abilities to better reflect that her armor shattered has a slight difference between the others caused by other champions. She will not change, no need for rank down tickets
  • Options

No ... she will not change from what she always was until now. And yes, armor shattered wasn't suppose to counter Killmonger armor, since that can only be countered by armor break debuffs (which armor shattered is not).
    Basically, only some text will be added to her abilities to better reflect that her armor shattered has a slight difference between the others caused by other champions. She will not change, no need for rank down tickets

Don’t take this discussion to rank down tickets....
    Anyway, you can’t say “she wasn’t supposed” to do it, she is like this more than 2 years. So please stop this nonsense. Her armor shutter considered as armor break debuff. Also, now those are going to be 2 separate debuffs, this means she supposed to armor break even if armor shutter is active. Otherwise it’s huge nerf to her amazing ability
  • Options
    Like I mentioned early, armor shattered was being treated as an armor break by mistake. After the change on her description, it will become an official ability.
    Nothing was said about her stacking armor breaks on armor shattered opponent. That is still stated there, that she can't apply armor break debuffs on an armor shattered opponent.

Again, nothing on her gameplay will change. Just text deecription that her armor shattered will be trated as an armor break as well.
  • Options
    "Like I mentioned early, armor shattered was being treated as an armor break by mistake"....dude...it been like this for couple years. She is very very used champion. People at Kabam knew what she can do and how she is working. there are no mistakes there.....
  • Options
    Well, she hulk and 10 other champions were able to heavy mid combo by mistake as well for 3 years, and now its being fixed.
    It really was a case where armor shattered was interacting wrongly. Even if they knew about it they didn't changed it. But know that they are adding more champions able to apply armor shattered debuffs, they only has 2 options: either change how medusa works and potentially nerf her, or make her an exception (which is what they are doing).

Anyway just read the thread. It's clear what is going to change. Only text, no performance
  • Options
    I can’t believe you so naive. She hulk “fixed” coz she managed to clear super hard content, content where you supposed to waste money, easily. Other champs it’s like a cover up saying all will fixed, otherwise you would receive rank down tickets for all of those.
    Please stop those pointless mentions of “by mistake” “fixes”, etc.
  • Options
    It's not pointless. It's the truth.
    It's okay to not understand something, but keep denying every explanation of it is just a stupid thing on your part
  • Options
    This seems like a great opportunity for someone on the game team to step in and officially clear things up. I appreciate your efforts @will-o-wisp. And I think you are correct, but it’s time for the people who sell this game to us to explain exactly how Medusa will function going forward with respect to the questions raised here.

Respectful, a “she’s going to work like always” from the team isn’t reassuring, especially in the current MCoC climate.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

This seems like a great opportunity for someone on the game team to step in and officially clear things up. I appreciate your efforts @will-o-wisp. And I think you are correct, but it’s time for the people who sell this game to us to explain exactly how Medusa will function going forward with respect to the questions raised here.

Respectful, a “she’s going to work like always” from the team isn’t reassuring, especially in the current MCoC climate.

Dr. Zola

This is what I asked at the beginning of this thread. Most answers here are speculations, I asked for definitive answer, or even small beta test to see how she will interact. She is very used player and it’s about tile kabam will give some real answers regarding the changes
  • Options
    DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    I was considering a rank 5 for Medusa...would this now not be advised ?