**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on Black Widow Claire Voyant

I was fortunate enough to pull a 6 star BWCV and was considering ranking up to R2 but after experimenting with her I'm starting to have doubts. What are people's opinions on her?

I'm finding the regen really isn't as amazing as some are making out. I think a lot of people have seen videos of her against the champion and see that big heal to full but she's not alone in her ability to to that....there are a few champs that can do that and in all cases it's super situational. I don't want to give examples in fear of those champs being nerfed but I'm finding in most situations my BW is healing between 10-17% health from her L2. I do not run suicides and that's another thing to consider. The regen is based on damage dealt so running suicides results in more regen as her attack is higher. Without suicides her regen is just OK in my opinion with many other champs having superior regen capabilities in most situations. She can improve her regen by using the L3 first but you want that longer timer and that's harder to do unless you're fighting an immunity champ and that still means 5 bars of power per regen cycle.

I'm also finding her power control to be pretty underwhelming too. Many other champs, in my opinion, have better regen and/power control.

What makes her stand out is that fact that she also has immunities and buff control in addition to her regen and power control. She is a nice all round ultility champ but I think she may be a master of none unfortunately.

What do you guys think of her? Worth a R2?

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,347 ★★★★★
    I've pulled the 4 star and duped her from arena and her regen is great I heal up to about 45% from 10% I even showcased a vid of her regen from 3% to quite a bit after 1 sp2 it all depends if her sp2 if curse of blood crits to be a big heal otherwise if no crits ain't as big but still very sustainable by far the most enjoyable champ I've played with for a while
  • QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    @Bendy do you run suicides?
    She's fun to use for sure. Sick animations.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,347 ★★★★★

@Bendy do you run suicides?
    She's fun to use for sure. Sick animations.

No I dont use suicides for anything I run without them due to I use champs mainly that needs specials and I'm kinda hate the suicides as dont like the loss health but she has great regen put her in line of sw and pre 12 strange regen type that's how it is basically so pretty nice for a 5/50 4 star hoping to pull 5 star so can r4 then r5 as I really enjoy her a lot and would like to play with her in act 6
    Perhaps I've just been really unlucky with the crits. Haha. I tend to keep an eye on the health bar instead but mine rarely heals above 20%.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Jestress said:

Don’t rank her for 6 months

See. This person knows the score.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Just wait until new content comes out and see if her kit counters the new content or not
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I only have her as a 3/45 (I am waiting for another mystic cat to take her to R4). So far she’s very fun to play. Very cool animations. Keep in mind I do not use suicides.

I can consistently heal her for around 20% max health with each L2 straight up. If I use an L3 first she can average ~40% max heath (even gone as far as 50%). Her power steal on L2 seems very underwhelming. My guess is the best situation to be using it is against power gain nodes or AoN battles where the opponent will always have a full or near full power meter. This allows for max power steal and potentially being able to chain L2s without them using L3. I’m not 100% on that though, just a theory. L2 in hellfire deals some respectable burst damage unaffected by immunities. If you use it after an L3 there’s a very nice damage boost.

Keep in mind her biggest strength comes from her clairvoyance charges/power gain. If you fight immunity champs, she gains power incredibly fast making chain specials much easier and quicker, including multiple L2 regens in a small period of time. She’s not a huge damage dealer but that’s not really what she’s supposed to be. She’s utility and she does it very well.
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    i personally hate the guaranteed bleed on special 1 even if it doesn’t make contact. i think that’s a little too over powered dealing unavoidable damage. it feels like cheating even as an attacker. other than that her kit is super useful.
    @RoninMan Agree with all you said. Except my regen is never as consistent as yours it seems. I seem to get between 10-17%. Don't know why. Might try and trigger dexterity before launching my sp2. Just had a sp2 with 3 crits and I healed 10% lol. I've healed over 20 before but mine isn't very consistent.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Dude rank up who you like. That’s all it boils down to in the end.

Also I’d be cautious about ranking any new champ till they are in the basic and past kabam’s New program to buff/nerf champs after 3 months.
  • The_PopeGope2The_PopeGope2 Posts: 28
    She’s like second best tier, but nothing compared to Doom, Sym Supreme, and Sorcerer Supreme
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I only have 3* of her but I would definitely rank her of I got her 5* or 6*
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★

She’s like second best tier, but nothing compared to Doom, Sym Supreme, and Sorcerer Supreme

Do I really have to say it guys? I'm joking of course, I love saying it:

One year old thread
  • Adamb208Adamb208 Posts: 152
    Realizing it is a one year old thread, I have to say my 6* R2 is probably the most versatile champ I have. She is absolutely amazing. Her Regen is great. Easily 25-30% per sp2 and I don’t run suicides. Her poison completely blocks healing in addition to controlling power gain. Her incinerate damage is great. She nullifies and power gains. I recently pulled a 5* version, then duped her, and am going to take her to R5 because I find her so useful. This will let me run her in AQ and AW at the same time. Phenomenal champ. Kabam did a great job with her kit.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Suicide queen and aq goddess.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    RU11011 said:

Do I really have to say it guys? I'm joking of course, I love saying it:

One year old thread
    Aye I wish people would stop reviving threads
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    I have her at 5/65 and have used her for almost a year:

I have 100% 6.3 and 6.4 and many paths were using her. Yes, I run suicides but it shouldn't be the dealbreaker like it is for someone like Omega Red for example. Her Sp2 out heals her recoil (5%) and then some making her a very durable champion, plus she nullifies extremely easily which is what makes her a great power control champ too.

Maybe you aren't using her to her full potential? if I'm fighting Hyperion for example - I'd do a light ending combo straight away to go to the Poison state and keep nuking Poison Sp2s to power drain him and because he's poison immune, Claire keeps getting her Clairevoyant charges allowing her to keep on nullifying and nullifying.

I would say that her Sp3/Deathtouch is a bit underwhelming though - perhaps i don't use her effectively enough in that regard, but use her Sp2s consistently.

She has been probably most used champ and I have a very diverse roster too.
  • manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    4/55 Duped Voyant ans she is incredibly the most useful champ I have. Her burst damage is soooo good.