**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

We need a new game mechanic: Silence

ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
With the combination of nodes, certain champs and hard to bait AI, I believe it's time for the meta to introduce a silence mechanic.

This mechanic is simple... it prevents champions from using a special for X amount of seconds... maybe in conjunction with an sp2 or an sp3.

This could be introduced with a new champion like Banshee and possibly be added to some old champions during reworks.

Thoughts?

We need a new game mechanic: Silence 28 votes

Yes, we need a silence mechanic.
35%
Haji_SaabNanoDroidDOKTOROKTOPUSIDogeColonaut123Batman1903Arham1Justin2524EdeuinkBriceMiester 10 votes
No, we don't need a silence mechanic.
17%
TwmRBahamutMaldroit2Mathking13The_Watcher 5 votes
Go play WoW, kid.
10%
BajjsbwuqjwRasiloverH3t3r 3 votes
GET OFF MY FORUMS!
35%
Spity68Lvernon15Hammerbro_64TitanSlayerFhfjghhggggjfhfjgEtjamaSquishyjrthe4thTheBestinTuakauBlue_Eyed_ThingAryl 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Here’s the thing. It would have fairly limited use. Off the top of my head I can think of a few situations it would be useful; for example war machines special 1, you don’t want to take that damage so you could stop him using his special until you push to L2.

Only other time I can think of would be stopping champs using their sp3, but unless it’s a lengthy amount of time enabling pretty much a 100% up-time on this silence you’ll get your 5 or 10 or whatever seconds of no sp3 and then they will use it and KO you anyway. So it would only be used as a finishing move.

Generally, you don’t want a champ to hold their special attack unless it’s a hard to evade sp1 or stop them using an sp3.
  • Options
    GET OFF MY FORUMS!

Here’s the thing. It would have fairly limited use. Off the top of my head I can think of a few situations it would be useful; for example war machines special 1, you don’t want to take that damage so you could stop him using his special until you push to L2.

Only other time I can think of would be stopping champs using their sp3, but unless it’s a lengthy amount of time enabling pretty much a 100% up-time on this silence you’ll get your 5 or 10 or whatever seconds of no sp3 and then they will use it and KO you anyway. So it would only be used as a finishing move.

Generally, you don’t want a champ to hold their special attack unless it’s a hard to evade sp1 or stop them using an sp3.

Fair point. Maybe if instead of stopping the use of a special add a taunt and prevent the max power special being used but using the power... meaning, sp2 would cost 2 bars but casts sp1 and sp3 cost 3 bars but casts sp2.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    GET OFF MY FORUMS!
    That could be quite an interesting mechanic, it could either be used as an on command ability to stop say spidey using his sp1, maybe like 6 seconds on each heavy to give time to push them to the s2, or it could be used as a sort of power control type thing where if you play aggressive you could block the use of specials all fight
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

Fair point. Maybe if instead of stopping the use of a special add a taunt and prevent the max power special being used but using the power... meaning, sp2 would cost 2 bars but casts sp1 and sp3 cost 3 bars but casts sp2.
    Kind of like a 1 bar power lock but instead of locking your power it locks the use of your special? Would be interesting for sure.
  • Options
    GET OFF MY FORUMS!
    Lvernon15 said:

That could be quite an interesting mechanic, it could either be used as an on command ability to stop say spidey using his sp1, maybe like 6 seconds on each heavy to give time to push them to the s2, or it could be used as a sort of power control type thing where if you play aggressive you could block the use of specials all fight

Yep, block the use of sp1, push to sp2 or sp3 and they use the power.

Aryl said:

Kind of like a 1 bar power lock but instead of locking your power it locks the use of your special? Would be interesting for sure.
    Essentially. I just think we need another mechanic to deal with insane power gain and AI's refusal to bait.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't say silence but a reverse taunt (discouragement?) reducing chance to spec. Storm and OG CM could use it.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    GET OFF MY FORUMS!
    These forums need a silence mechanic.
  • Options
    GET OFF MY FORUMS!
    Etjama said:

These forums need a silence mechanic.

Zing!
  • Options
    GET OFF MY FORUMS!
    It seems people enjoy my troll options better.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Sounds like fun. Count me in!!
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    GET OFF MY FORUMS!
    The real question is, why isn’t their voice chat for arena fights? I’ve gone up against Seatin and I’ve wanted to talk to him. Also he was probably going easy on me, because I beat him easily. Or I’m that good
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    GET OFF MY FORUMS!

The real question is, why isn’t their voice chat for arena fights? I’ve gone up against Seatin and I’ve wanted to talk to him. Also he was probably going easy on me, because I beat him easily. Or I’m that good

I hope you're joking. Arena's aren't live fights.
  • Options
    GET OFF MY FORUMS!
    Etjama said:

I hope you're joking. Arena's aren't live fights.
    You must be new here.