**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Boss rush

2»

Comments

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    All I’ve thought about since this announcement, is what these fights are going to offer me in terms of a memorable challenge. So excited to test it out and attempt to overcome the challenge. Of course, some sweet rewards as well.

It seems 95% of players are intrigued only by what rewards it offers. I can’t help but acknowledge this as a primary source of discouragement in the game itself. The majority of players are not interested in the game first and foremost, but in the rewards. And for a game such as this, it seems almost self-defeating. Why exactly do you play if not for the love of the game? What satisfaction do the rewards offer you if not to further the former?

It’s ultimately a matter of perspective. Players do not seem to want interesting content so much as more plentiful means with with to conquer content which ultimate does not interest them.

This self-sustaining paradox is fascinating as a successful business model.

Humans are terrifying.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

In the past the announcement has been the day of, practically the same time as when the event goes live.

Werewrym said:

I would be happy if we just saw some 5* sig stones for once...

For once? They’ve been in every boss rush to date except for pool’s gambit but that wasn’t a typical boss rush.

My point was 5* sig stones are very uncommon in the game currently unless you’re willing to throw down like $50. We need more events with sig stones as rewards.
    I disagree. You get them from story, from the EQ and many other places.
    The few that you get from story quest hardly qualifies 5* sig stones as "common."
    What qualifies as common to you then? Let me list their sources.

3 day alliance events.
    Monthly EQ.
    Back issues.
    Act 5.
    Act 6.
    Summoners Sigil.
    Boss Rushes.
    Celebrity challenges.
    Labyrinth of Legends.

It’s harder to find content not including them than it is to find content they are not included in. They are very common.

• jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    LOL needs a buff too man the rewards for that ages ago where relevant now it’s bettwr to do variant quests over labyrinth
  • Alex_warsiAlex_warsi Posts: 48
    edited September 2019
    Is boss rush started yet, its 6:30 pm in my country
  • Funny how they are being so secretive with the rewards...every piece of content announcement has been accompanied with the rewards.

Hopefully seeing how 4* can’t be used in act 6,the big cavalier push for 6*s and constant 5/6* deals there better not be some useless 4* AG in the rewards.

It’s a event for content creators right?Make the rewards good for there event don’t just throw the minimum amount of **** in there.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

In the past the announcement has been the day of, practically the same time as when the event goes live.

Werewrym said:

For once? They’ve been in every boss rush to date except for pool’s gambit but that wasn’t a typical boss rush.

My point was 5* sig stones are very uncommon in the game currently unless you’re willing to throw down like $50. We need more events with sig stones as rewards.
    The few that you get from story quest hardly qualifies 5* sig stones as "common."

3 day alliance events.
    Monthly EQ.
    Back issues.
    Act 5.
    Act 6.
    Summoners Sigil.
    Boss Rushes.
    Celebrity challenges.
    Labyrinth of Legends.

It’s harder to find content not including them than it is to find content they are not included in. They are very common.

3 day alliance events: Not a reliable source

Monthly EQ: 15 a month? You call that common?

Back issues: Arguably the best source on this list and happens once every 3 months if we’re lucky...

Act 5: Most people in need of 5* sig stones are finished with act 5 so irrelevant.

Act 6: 1 sig stone for completion, 3 for exploration, with only 12 total quests and those quests being the hardest content in the game definitely not easy to obtain.

Summoners Sigil: So at a cost which I already stated in my original post I was excluding.

Boss Rushes: So once every 1-2 years? I’m not sure anyone could call this a good source of sig stones

Celebrity challenges: Also very infrequent, these aren’t common in the game so hardly can use it to justify the idea that 5* sig stones are “common”

Labyrinth of Legends: One time content, and very long and difficult.

On your list I am already at 100% in LOL and Variant quests, all but 3 quests in act 6. The only thing I don’t do is the sigil and I guarantee that would not bump the rarity of sig stones in my mind from “uncommon” to “common.”

Anyways it’s clear we disagree, which is fine, but there’s no point in derailing the thread over it. I’m pretty sure most people who aren’t dropping cash for every sig stone deal would consider 5* sig stones as an “uncommon” resource in the game

Uncommon? You get 7 for completing the hardest content ever released! And with a 100% drop rate no less! With 6 classes, you’ve got a great chance at getting one for each class with an extra left over. Kabam is generous as ****. Don’t get it twisted. 😂.
    My mistake, forgot there was so many in act 6 lol.
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

3 day alliance events.
    Monthly EQ.
    Back issues.
    Act 5.
    Act 6.
    Summoners Sigil.
    Boss Rushes.
    Celebrity challenges.
    Labyrinth of Legends.

Back issues: Arguably the best source on this list and happens once every 3 months if we’re lucky...

Act 5: Most people in need of 5* sig stones are finished with act 5 so irrelevant.

Act 6: 1 sig stone for completion, 3 for exploration, with only 12 total quests and those quests being the hardest content in the game definitely not easy to obtain.

Summoners Sigil: So at a cost which I already stated in my original post I was excluding.

Boss Rushes: So once every 1-2 years? I’m not sure anyone could call this a good source of sig stones

Celebrity challenges: Also very infrequent, these aren’t common in the game so hardly can use it to justify the idea that 5* sig stones are “common”

On your list I am already at 100% in LOL and Variant quests, all but 3 quests in act 6. The only thing I don’t do is the sigil and I guarantee that would not bump the rarity of sig stones in my mind from “uncommon” to “common.”

Anyways it’s clear we disagree, which is fine, but there’s no point in derailing the thread over it. I’m pretty sure most people who aren’t dropping cash for every sig stone deal would consider 5* sig stones as an “uncommon” resource in the game
    *rolls eyes* Clearly uncommon when you need to write a novel dismissing how common they are.

They are available, difficulty in obtaining them was not the argument but upon reflection I wouldn’t expect anything less than straw men and moving goal posts given your prior responses.

I get it people who are willing to spend some cash get more than you and you feel jealous or entitled to more. You can earn them by saving your units and taking advantage of the more frequent offers from the featured item stores they have run recently or from other offers like cyber Monday and July Forth.

They are in the majority of events but not all events and farmable if your alliance is willing.

Kudos on claiming thread derailment then immediately posting one line quips continuing the “derailment” into talk about sig stones. It takes two.

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

3 day alliance events.
    Monthly EQ.
    Back issues.
    Act 5.
    Act 6.
    Summoners Sigil.
    Boss Rushes.
    Celebrity challenges.
    Labyrinth of Legends.

*rolls eyes* Clearly uncommon when you need to write a novel dismissing how common they are.

They are available, difficulty in obtaining them was not the argument but upon reflection I wouldn’t expect anything less than straw men and moving goal posts given your prior responses.

I get it people who are willing to spend some cash get more than you and you feel jealous or entitled to more. You can earn them by saving your units and taking advantage of the more frequent offers from the featured item stores they have run recently or from other offers like cyber Monday and July Forth.

They are in the majority of events but not all events and farmable if your alliance is willing.

Kudos on claiming thread derailment then immediately posting one line quips continuing the “derailment” into talk about sig stones. It takes two.
    Last thing I’m going to say on this topic. All of your insults and ridiculous accusations aside, it’s not about what your or I think, it’s about what the community thinks collectively.

The community is in almost unanimous agreement that 5* sig stones are uncommon in the game, you can say as much as you like that doesn’t change what the truth is. And the truth is, 5* sig stones are not common in the game unless you’re willing to spend money.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    Sig stones ARE common because they are available in most events, as anyway pointed out.

Now quantity of stones is a different matter altogether. There aren't enough stones given when you do get them.

Sig stones ARE common because they are available in most events, as anyway pointed out.

Now quantity of stones is a different matter altogether. There aren't enough stones given when you do get them.

Fair point, to clarify, when I say “uncommon” I’m talking about quantity as that’s ultimately what matters over the frequency of availability.
    Werewrym said:

The community is in almost unanimous agreement that 5* sig stones are uncommon in the game, you can say as much as you like that doesn’t change what the truth is. And the truth is, 5* sig stones are not common in the game unless you’re willing to spend money.

Well the last thing you said is demonstrably false. I give you a proven f2p player who has in his roster 7+ max sig champions with another 2+ on the horizon. Totaling 1200+ sig stones invested after a generous allotment for dupes.

The truth is “the community”, you claim values sig stones so much, is blind to how common they actually are. And in their desire for more are willing to ignore/deny reality.

• Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

I don’t think there is a shortage but there will never be enough for people bc everyone wants more of everything always
    You must definitely get the sig stone deals (not hating btw) because Jesus that’s a lot of crystals man 😂😂😂
    Anyway ... as of now I’m presuming we will have announcement shortly I really hope everyone isn’t completely underwhelmed and set low expectations 😂
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

common is not about quantity but frequency.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    jdyke23 said:

You must definitely get the sig stone deals (not hating btw) because Jesus that’s a lot of crystals man 😂😂😂

Me... no I’m free to play. I’ve never bought anything except with my earned units
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Well that was a let down. 10 minutes of play for a 5* wasn't bad but would much rather have rankup materials or sig stones. Plus the fights were way too easy this time.
  • megamangmegamang Posts: 132
    The rewards are good for the 15 minutes it takes to finish but really disappointed there was no t2a or sig stones. Bummer.
    20 featured and no namor not to mention the 40-50 Imperious rex crystals.

Genuinely makes me hate the damn game so much