**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ai not using their Specials, baiting not working

This is copied from another thread I posted in the suggestions, I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed this.

Right now the Ai is cranked up so high that the game has become more or less unplayable. Besides Parry not working and other responsive problems mentioned in other threads, the Ai not using their Special Attacks nearly as much or baiting for a good 3 times longer than the previous version has become a huge problem, especially in Alliance Quest and Alliance War with a 3 minute time window. I played an OG Vision in AQ on Day 1 about 4500 Prestige who would not use his Specials at all, I was baiting for a good 30-45s, now combine this with Synthesis and I could not do anything but just get KO by a Special 3.

If you think I will spend units / money on a revive because you made the Ai harder, I regret to inform you, this is not the case, because even if I did, I would still lose, I hope that makes sense?

This is unplayable.

Comments

• Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Wouldnt say it's completely unplayable just yet but it's definitely getting there.

I have also noticed that it's a lot harder to get them to use their specials sometimes, and can make the game unplayable if all the other issues pop up at the same time which makes combat an unplayable, frustrating mess that doesnt seem like its going to be fixed anytime soon
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Ya. it's pretty sinister what they did. Basically an sp3 node.
  • Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    I don't really understand what you're complaining about. Yes the game is a tiny bit harder and some things are broken ( or simply working the way they should ) but unplayable is quite honestly not true. Maybe you're not using the right champs or masteries.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Baiting is not a game mechanic. If nothing else "Baiting" is just you holding out till the AI decides to use their specials.

Now the main problem is that they have a much higher chance to use their 3rd special, how long have you gone with the AI holding on to 3 bars?.

I think there may be a timer involved with it. Like every 10 seconds they have a chance to use their specials. That's probably messed up too so "baiting" seems to be broken.
  • Options
    Personally I would like to see the end of baiting completely.

This is going to sound trite, but to those of us that manage to bait maybe 15% successfully, it is a massive inhibitor to any progress in the game. Especially in Vs mode, where it is vital.

Get better all you alien freaks will say, well some people either don't have the time of the skills to do that, and why should they be completely prevented from achieving certain things in the game, even if they have been playing for years. I know countless people who play this that struggle with baiting, it is very particular skill.

And let's be honest it is a kind of legal cheat. When you are using it, you are doing it to beat massively superior AI opposition, by fooling them, the game wants you to be beaten there, to use your potions and revives, but baiting means you have to use far less. And you can win fights in theory you should stand no chance in.

The top players have developed this ability to get further in the game and achieve the impossible, routinely beating ROL etc, that was designed to be impossible.

The game has to cater for aliens and noobs and I think it does both well, but baiting for me and millions of others can take a hike.
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Vossler77 wrote: »
    I don't really understand what you're complaining about. Yes the game is a tiny bit harder and some things are broken ( or simply working the way they should ) but unplayable is quite honestly not true. Maybe you're not using the right champs or masteries.

You sort of answered your own incorrect point there mate. Its harder and there are things broken, thats what he said and what you confirmed and then ask what is he complaining about!!
  • Options
    waynegcorewaynegcore Posts: 93
    Thanks for of the comments, some more useful and insightful than others. I did not expect people to get hung up on the word unplayable.

Broken or blocked may be a better word and I will explain why.

Based on Stark Spidey recently being added to the game, we now know that opponent has a % chance to use their Specials.

This % chance value has decreased as anybody who has been playing for a little while, will notice that the Ai is not using their specials nearly as often or in some cases at all.

However this goes beyond the Ai being harder.

If the opponent has power gain and will not use their specials as frequently in a 3m match such as AQ / AW. What is the player supposed to do?

The player should not be put into a position where they have use revives or potions to complete a fight that is beyond their control, which in AQ / AW does not solve the problem anyway, since the player is limited to 15 items.

For those that said I am not bringing the right champs, I have all the God tier Power Control champs at high level, but for some paths in AQ / AW, you need to bring other champs because of the nodes, so again this does not solve the problem.

I am not sure Kabam or their QA team realizes what position this leaves the players in as it is a blocker, that is why I filed this as a bug.
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I lost streak today at 7 in the t4b arena. It was one crash (thanks Kabam) and then two 5*s with All or Nothing turned on, apparently. Baiting wouldn't work at all.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I have to agree that this happens to me in arena evem just now i am not a bad fighter but i know how to bait but sometimes they dont care and dont use until sp3...
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I have noticed this as well. It happens to all champions in all areas of the game, but it is most noticeable with Hyperion and OG Vision at higher levels (> 5000) because of their insane power gains. They can go from 0 to 100% power in a matter of seconds.

I think the issue is the over-reliance on RNGs. This game has far too much randomness built into it in all aspects. It makes the game more about luck than about skill. It affects more than baiting. I have had some fights where I am trying to stack debuffs. I think I am against an immune champ, but then towards the end, the debuffs start stacking. In other equivalent battles, the debuffs stack easily. My chances of stacking a debuff and my fighting style aren't changing. It's the random chance that changes the outcome.

I understand the reasoning behind mechanics like baiting. It would be very boring to have a button mashing game that required no real decision making or counter tactics. But the randomness causes frustration because you are doing everything you are supposed to do and the AI won't cooperate. It can be just as boring as button mashing with fights that seem to drag on forever because you are spending the majority of the time trying to bait.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I don't agree that learning to bait and to parry is only for advanced players who have tons of time to learn. I learned to do both in about 6 weeks and I am an average player. For evade / baiting, don't use block at all for a month. 1 point in dexterity mastery. Learned to evade everything including Sp1 and 2 (of most champs). In fact, play the game primarily to bait specials. Then enter block/parry back in. You can get pretty good that way really fast. Did it myself.

Now all that being said, I was getting pretty SICK at baiting (in the 90% or so, hardly EVER seeing an SP3 anymore) and parried like a boss. Lately, I'm looking like a noob who loves getting smacked in the face for no reason and hit with more specials than Walmart!
    So something in the timing or range of execution has definitely changed in the game play recently. Like a switch was flipped. AI recovery is more immediate too.