**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My thoughts on the Time After Time Event

DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
personally, I did not enjoy this event. at all.
I liked how this event was planned. Good rewards. Great Concept. Cheap energy cost. But you know what really bothers me? The number of paths we had to do. You released the first 2 weeks for this event, which was 2 simple paths. easy fights. I thought to myself, for once an event which is simple and has great rewards. Like GGTTG. A week later, you added another path. From 2 paths to 3 to 4 and NOW to 5 flipping paths. Who came up with this idea? WHY would you make it 5 paths? Not only is this time consuming, the bosses also became harder. That sinister, mysterio, and the void gave me way too much trouble and revives. This was supposed to be an event to celebrate marvel. Why are you making these quests so damn long and annoying to deal with? Why do I have to fight the same BS boss for 5 times?
Now im not a crazy stacked end game player. I have a duped 4/55 venom as my best champion, and even with him I struggled with that mysterio. This quest was honestly so disappointing. You got me excited for the first two weeks, but now I honestly feel like quitting. Nice move kabam. I haven't been this disappointed with what you put out. disagree if you want, but as a mid-tier player, this event was disappointing.

"I'm not usually this critical, but I have to say I am not a fan of this format. You wait all month long, with Rewards in mind, for a Quest that gets harder and harder, with more Paths required each week. I'm not a fan of this at all. I think we're at the point where it's time for another Difficulty added because this just leads to disappointment. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't want to have to wait until the end to face 5x the amount of effort in the last 7 days." -GroundedWisdom

Comments

• Options
    JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Woulda been nice if there were fewer paths, but overall, I'm a big fan of this event, especially the rewards for difficulty ratio, and it's not super long, so I like it.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    LOL.. if you think these fights are hard...

Remember Sinister Labs?
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    What I didn't like was the RNG based rewards..

I got Carnage out of all that work.. could have been worse but he's just another arena fodder for me.

Give us something we can actually use would have been better.
  • Options
    JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

To be precise, my issue isn't necessarily that it's difficult. It's the increasing difficulty and build-up to it. Some might say it hasn't increased that much, and in terms of PI, that might be the case. However, if you notice the amount of Damage taken by the Opponents, it becomes less and less, all the way building up to the last week. It's noticeably harder. What this does is drag it out on top of the Paths. Granted, the individual Rewards scale up, but that's not what the end goal is. When you've completed 4/5 of the Event and are looking forward to the final Rewards, then the hardest and longest part of the Event comes out the last week, it just leads to feeling frustrated. You need to complete Exploration for everything, and that leaves the last week with 25 passes at paramount difficulty. I'm just not fond of this format. If it was clear how difficult it was going to be from the start, it would have been easier to gauge whether it was worth going for, or if it was going to be too much stress for where we're at. To add to that, it's the only Difficulty with 5* Shards at all, so you're left running it for where you're at regardless. I think we need another Difficulty added because it's become too many people in the same range of Side Quest. Overall, I'm just not keen on it because you wait all month to finish, and it's the hardest of them all.
    I'm not totally disappointed. There have been many things I wasn't in agreement with, and I still appreciate and respect the team. It's just one of those things that really doesn't sit well with me. In Baking, if you add too many layers to a cake, it will fold under the pressure. That's how this feels. Too many layers.

True. The end does drag. Would've been maybe my favorite event in recent memory if it'd been a chapter shorter I think. Did the whole thing with 5/50s; had to revive twice on some especially difficult bosses, but otherwise it was doable. Just kinda long. Wish I'd gotten on it sooner.

• Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    I don’t like this event, this month because of terrible rewards. Who cares about another 5*? Give me tier 5 basic.
  • Options
    XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    @GroundedWisdom ... I definitely agree w/ your assessment regarding the scaling of the difficulty ... I decided to the attempt the Heroic - Epic levels based on the earlier chapters difficulty … but after completing Heroic Chapter 5 today I was already drained & was dreading going for the Master completion … this event quest just seemed so darn long & the fights just kept scaling to quickly for mid -tier players … unfortunately as you stated I had already invested to much time completing the earlier chapters of the Epic level so I now feel compelled to fully complete it …. although I know it is going to be daunting & I will likely get trash for all my efforts (I got a 4* Sentinel dupe for the Master completion...Really) ... I think after the SA calendar has ended I will take a much needed break from game … Peace & gaming.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

To be precise, my issue isn't necessarily that it's difficult. It's the increasing difficulty and build-up to it. Some might say it hasn't increased that much, and in terms of PI, that might be the case. However, if you notice the amount of Damage taken by the Opponents, it becomes less and less, all the way building up to the last week. It's noticeably harder. What this does is drag it out on top of the Paths. Granted, the individual Rewards scale up, but that's not what the end goal is. When you've completed 4/5 of the Event and are looking forward to the final Rewards, then the hardest and longest part of the Event comes out the last week, it just leads to feeling frustrated. You need to complete Exploration for everything, and that leaves the last week with 25 passes at paramount difficulty. I'm just not fond of this format. If it was clear how difficult it was going to be from the start, it would have been easier to gauge whether it was worth going for, or if it was going to be too much stress for where we're at. To add to that, it's the only Difficulty with 5* Shards at all, so you're left running it for where you're at regardless. I think we need another Difficulty added because it's become too many people in the same range of Side Quest. Overall, I'm just not keen on it because you wait all month to finish, and it's the hardest of them all.
    I'm not totally disappointed. There have been many things I wasn't in agreement with, and I still appreciate and respect the team. It's just one of those things that really doesn't sit well with me. In Baking, if you add too many layers to a cake, it will fold under the pressure. That's how this feels. Too many layers.

I can see your point. For me the difficulty was not a factor. 100% required no items. But it's soooo long. Way too long for a side quest.But I think you make a good point. If you did everything up until the last chapter and then found it to be too hard you'd have so much time already invested. That would be very frustrating.If we were guaranteed a good champ the length would be worth it. But nothing but 3*s from the GM crystals and a trash 5* pull have made me wish I had just ignored it.
  • Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Fewer paths that are twice as long would have helped. It's boring to go through the same routine. Bosses weren't really challenging in the last chapter either. Nodes were A4 level in Epic.

I'd rather do a single path with all the opponents on there and then fight a slightly harder boss. The only challenge was not falling asleep.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

I can see your point. For me the difficulty was not a factor. 100% required no items. But it's soooo long. Way too long for a side quest.But I think you make a good point. If you did everything up until the last chapter and then found it to be too hard you'd have so much time already invested. That would be very frustrating.If we were guaranteed a good champ the length would be worth it. But nothing but 3*s from the GM crystals and a trash 5* pull have made me wish I had just ignored it.
    I wouldn't say I found it too hard. It's reasonable enough for me. I had a harder time with Venom last week and Mysterio this week. I've done a Completion run. Spent about 100 Units on Mysterio for a Team Rev. Used one from my Stash on another. Can't remember which. I don't mind using Items within reason. I just don't like the format. Waiting until the next week is one aspect. Then more Paths. Then harder Fights progressively. It's too many layers. I'm just looking at it now like it's daunting on the last week, and I've already put in the first 4 weeks towards Exploration, so if I'm not willing to stress out for the last week, I have the Rewards I got along the way and not the ones I was working towards. I just think there's no reason to add that layer to it.
    Not to mention the AI and control issues. I won't list them here because it's off-topic, but I could write a compendium. Lol.
  • Options
    I could add the Gates as another layer, but I have all the Champs. Still, another layer. Too many hoops. Would have been fine if the level of challenge was consistent. Not increasing. Span that over a month, and you burn out by the end.
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    This event was really nice, except for the too high number of paths. Because there is a lot to do on the other sides of the game

Now I fear to be disappointed with the 5* opening ...
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

The fights are not hard ... the whole thing is just tedious ... for no reason really ..

Yup. Unless I had the chart showing which champs were needed for the gates (which was on the forums or reddit I guess), every time a new week unlocked you had to do one quest, back out, go back in, edit champs screen and see who the gate was. Then do it for each difficulty over and over. Then go back and run the rest of the paths. And each week the number of paths/energy increased. AND check daily to see who the paradox champ was you were supposed to fight, which started out easy with someone in the first node of these quests, but somehow quickly moved to requiring 2-3 energy or more to re run over and over again beyond duels. Just...really annoying.

And for me personally, my 5 star champ I got from epic was Loki, again, who was my last 5 star basic opening too. Lame.

Just seems like yet another event this year where there was maybe a good starting idea/conception, and then execution was botched. Endgame event was this way, sinister labs, just...way too many this year that got so old so quickly. Gates were silly and keeping it locked weekly was silly, increasing energy was silly, it just feels artificial for no reason on top of the normal event quest. And for all the extra events this month, I can't remember the last time they offered a energy refill deal like in the past. I ALWAYS purchase these. Would have been a nice buffer for this month, whereas instead now I have no motivation to even finish heroic on the monthly quest and i'm doing time after time as I have time, cuz it's just so boring.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★

What I didn't like was the RNG based rewards..

I got Carnage out of all that work.. could have been worse but he's just another arena fodder for me.

Give us something we can actually use would have been better.

Won't lie... After finishing and pulling Carnage, I legit wished I'd skipped the whole thing. No rankup materials means this was a total waste for me for an arena champ I already pulled from the unified crystal and a basic before that.

Now I feel I have to finish Master also for a very slim chance at salvaging some progress from this month.
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    The reward distribution across difficties is a joke.
    The "legendary" crystal is unfair imo.
    The difference between getting a 4 star and a 5 star in the current meta is HUGE.
    And the legendary crystal has a considerable chance to reward a 5 star for the same effort as others who got a far inferior 4 star champion.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    My feedback on this event in whole.

Daily events: good rewards but bad design to achieve. Boring and repetitive and almost slightly painful to do. I’ll appreciate when it’s gone and not miss doing it.

Quest: Good rewards for the difficulty and adequately easy to do. The energy slog and repetitiveness is the problem. They did not need to expand the amount of paths as the quest went on. It’s boring and just annoying at some point. Personally make the events scale more in difficulty would have been better to me verse just mindlessly grinding easy fights.

Overall: Rewards good but structure awful. It is boring, uncreative, and overall more painful than fun to play. I’ll be happy overall to move on to the next event. The last couple of events have tended more toward tedious then fun so hopefully we move always from that trend.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    The Gwenpool event was great because of when it was released. This event is lacking and too time consuming. Maybe do a champion selector instead of a crystal with 20+ champs in it. When I know from the beginning that I'm going to add sig levels on a worthless champ, it just becomes tedious. The units from the daily event were more enticing than the quest once the number of paths hit more than three. I originally planned to do master and epic. Skipping master at this point.
  • Options
    Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    This event was fairly easy content comparing to the rewards.Rewards were pretty good IMO. The only thing i did not enjoy is the last chapter, It was so long 75 fights to be exact. Other than that it is a nice little side quest. Pulled a 5* OG Thor!
  • Options
    arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    it around:
    ~640 fights
    ~1280 energy

for master and epic. It's nice to get a 5*, but its too many fights and energy IMO
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It's way too long of an event and they continue to give out RNG rewards. Never learn Kabam.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Mi agree with 1 thing the OP said.

The amount of paths were too much. They were short but 5 is too much.

The fights though were very easy. If the fights were too hard for you then the content is not for you. Not all content is made for everyone. If this was hard then you shouldn’t be doing it. Plain and simple.
  • Options

Mi agree with 1 thing the OP said.

The amount of paths were too much. They were short but 5 is too much.

The fights though were very easy. If the fights were too hard for you then the content is not for you. Not all content is made for everyone. If this was hard then you shouldn’t be doing it. Plain and simple.

That's not a fair statement in this case. You go down to Master, it's too easy, and the Rewards aren't in your range. Do Epic and you're stuck part of the way through with being overstressed or taking partial Rewards.
  • Options
    harshraj2000harshraj2000 Posts: 43
    edited September 2019
    If I may add my opinion here -
    The rewards and content difficulty as such is really great. What puts me off is the the way it is done in. Aka - more paths in the final 2 weeks to do 4/5 paths each quest. The total energy cost is around doing completion of an Event quest with having 100% exploration done on Chapter 3. Had they bumped the difficulty of the quest and kept the total paths around 3 for the last 2 weeks, I would have gladly called this side event my favorite among all which have been released this year.