**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam step up your performance optimisation department

nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
Dear Kabam,

This is getting ridiculous, each month this game runs worse and worse on iOS. I just don’t understand why your development team does absolutely no performance optimisation whatsoever.
I almost got tricked that my iPhone 7 cant handle the game up untill i noticed some days it runs good and somedays it feels like im playing on 15fps, while this game is all about timings and one lag spike missteps cost real money. I dont know if its your servers or game code itself needs adjustments.
After i tried other game newer game Raid : Shadow Legends witch can tun on 60fps ultra setting without any fps drop and looking 10x better then Contest of Champions it makes me think what are you guys thinking..

I really love Contest of Champions but i just cant force myself play this game anymore with this kind of performance.
So please invest some of that giant bag of cash u earn each month to optimise your game because its really painful to play this great game like this.

Much love and i hope this will catch your attention.

Comments

• nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Simple example that this game needs optimisation, in Variant 1 fighting Ultron champions game runs choppy while in AQ same stage same opponent and and same champion used game runs smooth
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    nOux said:

Dear Kabam,

This is getting ridiculous, each month this game runs worse and worse on iOS. I just don’t understand why your development team does absolutely no performance optimisation whatsoever.
    I almost got tricked that my iPhone 7 cant handle the game up untill i noticed some days it runs good and somedays it feels like im playing on 15fps, while this game is all about timings and one lag spike missteps cost real money. I dont know if its your servers or game code itself needs adjustments.
    After i tried other game newer game Raid : Shadow Legends witch can tun on 60fps ultra setting without any fps drop and looking 10x better then Contest of Champions it makes me think what are you guys thinking..

I really love Contest of Champions but i just cant force myself play this game anymore with this kind of performance.
    So please invest some of that giant bag of cash u earn each month to optimise your game because its really painful to play this great game like this.

Much love and i hope this will catch your attention.

Happens every new update totally agree other fighting games run fine just mcoc is choppy at best of times on iOS
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    *Looks on Google for iOS issues*

*Sees that iOS13 had a ton of slow down and latency issues*

Yep this is Kabams fault.
    ItsDamien said:

Game performance dropped even more after 24.2 Contest of Champions update. And iOS13 was released 20 days later, i dont know what are u talking about.
    For your information i run benchmarks on iOS12 and after upgrading to iOS13 benchmark score increased by couple of points. So i dont know what misinformation u are trying to spread here.
    nOux said:

ItsDamien said:

Game performance dropped even more after 24.2 Contest of Champions update. And iOS13 was released 20 days later, i dont know what are u talking about.
    I haven't seen or experienced any drop in performance, and I'm an android user, who people seem to believe get shafted when it comes to optimization.

Yes, Kabam can do "SOME" improvements, a lot of it is based on your device specifically. Be it an older one that probably should be replaced (anything older than 4 years old is getting to the point of redundancy soon), or be it that you updated to the newest OS the second it was available.

Theres only a very small amount of blame that can be put on ANY app developer, let alone Kabam themselves.
    nOux said:

For your information i run benchmarks on iOS12 and after upgrading to iOS13 benchmark score increased by couple of points. So i dont know what misinformation u are trying to spread here.

All it takes is a search of "iOS 13 performance issues". I'm not spreading misinformation, it is simple fact that there are issues with the iOS 13 update, many of them, including lag and slowdown ESPECIALLY on older devices.

Benchmarking doesn't mean anything when you only do one test.
    ItsDamien said:

nOux said:

All it takes is a search of "iOS 13 performance issues". I'm not spreading misinformation, it is simple fact that there are issues with the iOS 13 update, many of them, including lag and slowdown ESPECIALLY on older devices.

Benchmarking doesn't mean anything when you only do one test.
    Just and simple search gave me same results as in my own tests. Upgrading to iOS13 just increased performance.

Here is the example
    https://youtu.be/odWQ-PxERNo
    Its little bit funny how you are u trying to state something when you dont even own iPhone for yourself.
    I understand that u like this game and Kabam, but so do i and i only asking for a little bit of optimisation that would make mine and a everyone gaming experience much better. Im not trying to bash Kabam or something like that. But when u are saying that everything is ok and its iOS issue when it not true, u are helping no one here.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I do love the game to have option to change the graphic quality to low settings but mine is iPhone 6s and I don’t always get the lagg. It comes and go every like every 3-5hours. I enable WiFi with Airplane mode while setting phone on “ Do Not Disturb” to never get a single call or texting. It somehow have improved the gameplay. But in the end it still does lags a lot
  • Hey guys, there are many devices capable of running the game and there are many different factors which can cause lag and performance issues to occur. However, we're always reviewing any reports we receive and working to develop and implement improvements on our end to help make the game run as smoothly as possible on as many devices as possible.

To help us keep track of everyone's feedback about lag and performance issues, we created dedicated threads, and the relevant one for iOS users can be found at the link below.

- iOS Lag and Performance Issues Thread

If you haven't already, please take a moment to contribute to that discussion by providing the information outlined in our Bug Report Template.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
This discussion has been closed.