**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's wait and see...

SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
I see a lot of people are having very mixed emotions about the introduction of 6 stars maybe rightfully so but until we start getting more information we should be limiting our outrage to a minimum. Yes, I feel like the introduction of 6 starts is a little rushed based on the current state of the game but there is still so much information we don't know. It will at least a year till people start pulling 6 stars, even though they are released early next year since the availability of shards is so small it will take months to form a crystal after they are released. This is a lot of time, from now and then the game could shift so far into a 5 star driven game than the current 4 star driven game it is now that 6 stars become a unanimously welcome addition. There are a lot of ways this could go bad ( 6 star Luke Cage) but I think Kabam know that players are already angry at the game with all the bugs and crystal salt and will have taken notes from the community to make 6 stars something to look forward to and progress the game to a new level

Comments

• Yhccj
  • Yuca
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Yea I wish this community was more mature
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    When wow drops an expansion people usually are excited about the new content, they don't usually complain about their old raid gear being replaced. I'm not sure how this is so different.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Is it dumb that my first thought was i wonder what their portrait borders will look like?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I just thought about how I only have 4 5* dupes so how will I ever get a 6* and will I ever dupe my 6*
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    They need to work on their delivery. Their pre-answered questions were **** and didn't address most of the huge questions being posted right now.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    edited August 2017
    How is it so different? We arent talking about a game thats only a monthly fee and everything else is based on time to achieve rewards. What WOW gets from a whole year from someone Kabam got from players tryng to get 4* GG. The heartburn comes from people that have spent a lot of money on thier accounts and feel like it was all possibly a complete waste.

Yes, i think its the intial shock of it all and if indeed its well over a year till 6* are what 5* are now then im sure when the time comes it will be a welcomed addition. It was a lot of information at one time to digest because where peoples heads were at regarding advancing in the game just did a 180 by reading the announcement.

I would like them to focus on fixing all the current issues first before opening more though.
    Mattylo wrote: »
    How is it so different? We arent talking about a game thats only a monthly fee and everything else is based on time to achieve rewards. What WOW gets from a whole year from someone Kabam got from players tryng to get 4* GG. The heartburn comes from people that have spent a lot of money on thier accounts and feel like it was all possibly a complete waste.

Yes, i think its the intial shock of it all and if indeed its well over a year till 6* are what 5* are now then im sure when the time comes it will be a welcomed addition. It was a lot of information at one time to digest because where peoples heads were at regarding advancing in the game just did a 180 by reading the announcement.

I would like them to focus on fixing all the current issues first before opening more though.

Imagine if they had released 5* when only the top .1% had 3-5 4/40 4* and that t4cc didn't even exist yet.

Imagine if they had released 5* when only the top .1% had 3-5 4/40 4* and that t4cc didn't even exist yet.

i understand but 6* arent being released tomorrow. This is sometime in 2018. So my hope is that there will be a push make the materials easier to obtain. I guess im trying to be positive rather than assume my accounts means nothing now. ;-/

i understand but 6* arent being released tomorrow. This is sometime in 2018. So my hope is that there will be a push make the materials easier to obtain. I guess im trying to be positive rather than assume my accounts means nothing now. ;-/

That timeline is still vastly different than before so comparing it just seems wrong. And yeah, I have 3 R4 5* and I'm feeling pretty negative in it all since I have no t2a to rank 6* with
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    NO! We must overreact with what little information we have....immediately. We MUST rage with our assumptions, and make dramatic posts without bothering to read the info that has been provided! Mindless rage is the only answer!

...or maybe not....
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The WOW comparison doesn't really work as they get to keep their characters with a higher level cap. If we got to advance our 5* to 6* by maxing them (or 4* to 5* in same manner), there wouldn't be such outrage.

Let me max a 5* champ out and then have the option to progress him to a 6* 1/1 champ, then I'm pumped.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    That timeline is still vastly different than before so comparing it just seems wrong. And yeah, I have 3 R4 5* and I'm feeling pretty negative in it all since I have no t2a to rank 6* with

If you made smart rank up decisions with your 5* you shouldn't be too salty, act 5 will definitely give out more t2 alphas and with the push they said they are making to make rank up materials more available will mean t2 alphas will become the t4ccs of last year. T4 catalysts used to be super rare now they are a lot more common and it will be the same way with t2 alphas especially since we still have a year to go.
    Sungj wrote: »

If you made smart rank up decisions with your 5* you shouldn't be too salty, act 5 will definitely give out more t2 alphas and with the push they said they are making to make rank up materials more available will mean t2 alphas will become the t4ccs of last year. T4 catalysts used to be super rare now they are a lot more common and it will be the same way with t2 alphas especially since we still have a year to go.

I mean I have SL so I am not too worried but its lame they haven't actually confirmed anything you have said. For all you know Act 5 will not give any t2a

I mean I have SL so I am not too worried but its lame they haven't actually confirmed anything you have said. For all you know Act 5 will not give any t2a

"Rank up materials for 5-Star champions will also be more easily obtained. T4 Catalysts and T2 Alphas will be easier to obtain. We will be releasing Tier 5 Basic Catalysts before 6-Stars are playable. We will be reducing the number of T5B needed by players in order to rank up their 5-Star champions as well, from 4 to 2. The addition of 5-Star Rank-up materials to AQ rewards and the improvements made to the Glory Store are two ways we have already started doing this. More updates to both AQ rewards and the Glory Store are to come."

This was in the announcement.
    edited August 2017

"Rank up materials for 5-Star champions will also be more easily obtained. T4 Catalysts and T2 Alphas will be easier to obtain. We will be releasing Tier 5 Basic Catalysts before 6-Stars are playable. We will be reducing the number of T5B needed by players in order to rank up their 5-Star champions as well, from 4 to 2. The addition of 5-Star Rank-up materials to AQ rewards and the improvements made to the Glory Store are two ways we have already started doing this. More updates to both AQ rewards and the Glory Store are to come."

This was in the announcement.

sure it was, and they said the same thing with the AQ update, except now T1a are rare. Kabam never just gives more, there is always an equivalent take. Also, this is extremely unspecific, this could be one t2a a week or one per year. Like I said before, lots of unanswered questions that they probably don't even have answers for yet.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

True but that's just them asking for a player uproar and I doubt they are that stuid but yeah I might be wrong, just trying to be optimistic. After the player bases' reactions to act 5.2 rewards I'd be willing to bet money the rewards for all of act 5 to a certain degree will be what the player base expect.

True but that's just them asking for a player uproar and I doubt they are that stuid but yeah I might be wrong, just trying to be optimistic. After the player bases' reactions to act 5.2 rewards I'd be willing to bet money the rewards for all of act 5 to a certain degree will be what the player base expect.
    That I can agree with. I 100% all of act 5 so far assuming they would fix that problem for the rest of it. Maybe I am being pessimistic but I feel as though my account and time spent has been greatly devalued.
  • Heya everyone, we've already got another thread going for discussing the release of 6-Star Champions here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1

Since we'd like to keep the conversation focused in one place, I'll be closing this thread. You can continue to provide your thoughts and feedback in the discussion linked above.
This discussion has been closed.