**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Namor Hydrokinetic Armor issue

As you see in this video, while playing this months EQ Morningstar boss, not all the damage was dealt back to her. Some but not all. Am I missing something?

https://youtu.be/LvcIkjmJ0l0

Comments

• Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Damage is only reflected while Namor is attacking his opponent, hope this helps
  • Options
    OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    I did a full 5 hit combo at the beginning while bleeding and no damage was reflected. I slowed the video down.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Right, I can see that now, must have missed it - maybe there was a slight delay between the combo starting and the damage reflecting?
  • Options
    No delay when I fight others. Seems like it’s only her. I just don’t know if I’m missing something or it’s a bug.
  • Options
    Kabam changed how hydro kinetic Armor works few months back... now the damage is reflected back at the end of the combo instead of every hit... read his description.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Bjohn77 said:

Kabam changed how hydro kinetic Armor works few months back... now the damage is reflected back at the end of the combo instead of every hit... read his description.

problem is, it does not appear to be applying even after the combo. I looked over all the abilities, see if it is sent back as the same type of damage as she is immune to bleed, but it is sent back and energy. There does not seem to be an explanation for it.
  • Options
    Bjohn77 said:

After the combo no damage was dealt back. I couldn’t find any description on Morningstar having energy damage reduction so that couldn’t be it either.
  • Options
    gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    To OP, thanks for posting this video. I recently duped Namor and I'm waiting to rank 5 him. I noticed the same thing, but was hesitant to post because I thought I was missing something.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s probably because you’re reflecting bleed damage and she’s immune, rather than it being counted as just damage it’s registering as bleed, it’d be interesting to try against abomination aswell
  • Options
    arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

It’s probably because you’re reflecting bleed damage and she’s immune, rather than it being counted as just damage it’s registering as bleed, it’d be interesting to try against abomination aswell

Namor reflect damage as energy damage. There was a bug with bleed not sent back as energy damage, it was fixed and probably now it happens again.
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

It does not reflect back as bleed but energy
  • Options
    Champ123Champ123 Posts: 24
    Pretty sure this is because you're getting a new bleed debuff on you mid combo. The first tick doesnt damage you. Since you're not damaged, it's not reflected.
  • Options
    Champ123 said:

Pretty sure this is because you're getting a new bleed debuff on you mid combo. The first tick doesnt damage you. Since you're not damaged, it's not reflected.

But that’s now how he works. If I’m attacking with him, which includes the split moment between each hit, all the damage I should have received is suppose to reflect as energy damage back at Morningstar.
  • Options
    OhGodYes said:

Champ123 said:

But that’s now how he works. If I’m attacking with him, which includes the split moment between each hit, all the damage I should have received is suppose to reflect as energy damage back at Morningstar.
    You aren't receiving damage on the first tick of the new bleed, so it's not reflected. You cant reflect damage you dont receive.
  • Options
    What is the difference when I fight abomination then?

https://youtu.be/bz7y7vFe9vk
  • Options
    NizamSheikh15NizamSheikh15 Posts: 10
    If it's only against EQ Morningstar then Namor is safe no nerf coming in mind about this.
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    OhGodYes said:

Bjohn77 said:

After the combo no damage was dealt back. I couldn’t find any description on Morningstar having energy damage reduction so that couldn’t be it either.
    She has energy damage reduction but only when she has 4 souls or more
  • Options
    Lormif said:

OhGodYes said:

No response from an Admin so I will let this thread die.

“Everything dies. You. Me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy, and, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable... And I accept it.”
    --Namor McKenzie (Earth-616)

send the video to support, remember they are forum moderators not support, though they do seem to do a decent job at the second.
    I just submitted it. I was trying to follow their support suggestion

“ The error affects the whole Community:
    If the error is community-wide, make sure that you visit our forums and join an active thread before you submit an individual report. We have most likely already received several reports from other players and are looking into the issue. Our community managers will be the first ones to update the community as soon as they have any news.”
  • Options
    OhGodYes said:

Lormif said:

OhGodYes said:

No response from an Admin so I will let this thread die.

“Everything dies. You. Me. Everyone on this planet. Our sun. Our galaxy, and, eventually, the universe itself. This is simply how things are. It's inevitable... And I accept it.”
    --Namor McKenzie (Earth-616)

send the video to support, remember they are forum moderators not support, though they do seem to do a decent job at the second.
    I just submitted it. I was trying to follow their support suggestion

“ The error affects the whole Community:
    If the error is community-wide, make sure that you visit our forums and join an active thread before you submit an individual report. We have most likely already received several reports from other players and are looking into the issue. Our community managers will be the first ones to update the community as soon as they have any news.”
    No, I understand, I just meant instead of giving up.
  • Options
    OhGodYes said:

What is the difference when I fight abomination then?

https://youtu.be/bz7y7vFe9vk

That's not the first tick of damage. Look at the debuff timer. With morningstar, you can get a bleed applied multiple times and it just resets the old one. When that happens, it's a new debuff and you dont get damaged on the first tick.
  • Options
    Hey there, we've passed this along to the rest of the team to ask about.
  • Options
    The team has taken a look an has been able to pinpoint what is occurring here. The damage from the Bleed ticks at 0.5 second intervals but Namor's hits cause the Bleed to reapply and reset before it has been active for 0.5 seconds. Because of this, Namor wouldn't have taken damage from the Bleed for the first combo shown in the first video and so wouldn't have any extra damage to reflect back to Morningstar. Things are operating correctly here, the Bleed is just being reapplied by a few hits in a row.
  • Options

The team has taken a look an has been able to pinpoint what is occurring here. The damage from the Bleed ticks at 0.5 second intervals but Namor's hits cause the Bleed to reapply and reset before it has been active for 0.5 seconds. Because of this, Namor wouldn't have taken damage from the Bleed for the first combo shown in the first video and so wouldn't have any extra damage to reflect back to Morningstar. Things are operating correctly here, the Bleed is just being reapplied by a few hits in a row.

Tfw kabam confirms your explanation 🙌