**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5.1.6 Mordo

I cruised through act 5 until getting to Mordo on 5.1.6. I took this path because of its length and it’s said to be the easiest, but this guy completely destroyed me over and over. Any tips? I know how he fights, but I just can’t seem to take him out. I’m running Havok, Nick Fury, Hyperion, Hulk, and CAIW.

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Havok's medium should be able to bypass astral evade right? I might be wrong though.
  • Sac78Sac78 Posts: 15
    No it doesn’t work. But if Nick Fury has 5+ tactical charges he can’t be evaded. Only problem is he gains them from being hit. And 5 hits from Mordo T that level deal tons of damage.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Sac78 said:

No it doesn’t work. But if Nick Fury has 5+ tactical charges he can’t be evaded. Only problem is he gains them from being hit. And 5 hits from Mordo T that level deal tons of damage.

You can also gain them from his SP1 - 4 charges per SP1, or 8 charges per SP1 if Fury is Furious is active
    Oh yeah, that’s true too. I think I find it more challenging just to get hits on him with his constant blocking. I know I can break it with a heavy attack but he seems to time it so when I try he suddenly stops blocking and hits me. Mordo’s a jerk. 😡
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Get nick fury into his second phase throw 2 sp1s then you ignore astral evade and are unblockable when when he goes defensive
    I decided to just take a longer path. 15 opponents but was actually easier for me. Thanks for the tip. I’ve used it since.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Sac78 said:

I decided to just take a longer path. 15 opponents but was actually easier for me. Thanks for the tip. I’ve used it since.

if you still need to take down that mordo, or any other mordo: emma frost in telepath mode stops evade, and so does ghost with her crits, just remember to phase before parry. another way is using Cap IW: if you keep holding the block the enemy will more likely throw heavies, so you can bait heavies and punish them, abusing Cap's 60% chance to glance hits when charged and against mystics ^_^

finally, if you have a night thrasher use him, he's easily the best astral evade counter, just remember to not use light hits when mordo is stunned ^_^