**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ways to keep MCOC fresh for everyone

What do you think of these ideas? Some might be short sighted, but they can be the starting point of ideas that might actually be good. I'm not saying that these should replace new features like 6 star champions. These changes can help supplement future changes and could be relevant for all types of players.

1. Have brackets in AW like in AQ. Even now with 5 stars (and much more with future 6 stars), some alliances are too OP for others. There should be an intermediate, advanced, and expert AW brackets with their own rewards. Perhaps this can be measured by War Prestige (the rating of your defenders?).
2. Implement AW restrictions (e.g., by class, by star, or by champ). (a) For some wars, force alliances to only be able to use a particular class for defenders with nodes that are specific to that class. This could be done on a rotating or random basis. You could also do the same with AW attackers. (b) Another type of restriction could be by stars. So maybe one war, you are only allowed to use 3 star champions. (c) The last kind of restriction can be by champ. Within a single BG, you are not allowed to place the same champ twice. All of these restrictions would compel players to invest not only on particular champs, but on all of their champs. Players would then have to grind for these resources in order to have a well-rounded roster that can be formidable regardless of what restrictions there are. What is more, all players would be able to grind for these resources. Wars would also be fresher and more dependent on skill.
3. Go on a buffing spree for champs. This would supplement the restriction by champ (see 2c above). If every champ in the game can be somewhat serviceable and if every champ needs to be used, then this would also force players to grind for additional resources so that every champ is ranked up. I don't mind making these resources and rank-ups more expensive and difficult to obtain.
4. Rotate every defender in AQ. I know that the mini bosses are already randomized, but do the same with every defender (with the possible exception of the symbioids). This would keep AQs fresh and require us to learn how to fight against a wider assortment of defenders. Also certain defenders require certain attackers--so this would once again force players to use a wider selection of champs, which means more rank-ups, resources, etc.
5. Give bonus points in AQ for winning fights with lesser starred (or levelled) champs or with class disadvantage. This once again makes more champs usable. If I'm really skilled, then I'd take my maxed out 3*s that I haven't used in years in map 5 in order to get twice the amount of points that I would with my 4 or 5 stars.
6. Have a cool off counter for AW and AQ champs. This would be like the arena cool down except much longer. So I can't use the same champs on consecutive AQs. This way, I'd have to plan out my AQ attack roster for the entire 5 days. Maybe I'll use weaker champs on the earlier days or my 3 stars in order to maximize points. All of this is to once again make use of more champs, which require more resources, etc.
7. Increase the cost for AW and AQ. Rather than having unfair AI tendencies that require players to spent units on potions, etc., just increase the cost of participating in AW and AQ. I actually don't mind spending units up front for AW and AQ if the AI is cleaned up and if things are fresher (like the suggestions above). I'd must spend units up front for a good product than have to spend units due to poor game play or monotonous challenges.

So the common thing in most of these suggestions is to make more champs viable. In so doing, I wouldn't mind if resources to rank up become much more expensive and difficult to obtain so that they are still making a profit. They win in keeping us engaged and spending, while we win b/c the game is fresher and more diverse. It'll also force us to rely more on our skill than on OP champs.

I don't mind the 6 stars as we need to keep the top players interested. But while we do that, some of the suggestions above can hopefully keep all types of players engaged as well. I understand that Kabam would want everyone to strive after the latest additions, such as the 6 stars, and that the suggestions above might hinder some of the lower-level players from doing that. A simple solution is to make the rewards of the AW expert bracket (see suggestion 1) so appealing that it would entice intermediate players (just like the way AQ expert has been doing).

Comments

• Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    No bad points... So parts sound really cool. I would like a change so aw isnt just magik, mordo, and night crawler.

What will make the game fun is add champs that are fun to play.. Not a new champ every week, but buff the old ones and make them great. Some champs suck, because they suck in Marvel. But make the great champs great.

Provide a way to use them all? Allow use to play more that one quest at a time. Add the damn bases, to generate resources like gold and energy.

Change the level cap.. Uncollected should be able to increase their level to 100. At 100 you should be able to aquire all masteries.

Add new masteries that help against MD, or power gain, or stun immune, ect..
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    The AW restrictions to only 3* champs would be quite interesting. I only gave 6 maxed out 3* and all others at rank 3. Having a 3* war will be quite interesting
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    The AW restrictions to only 3* champs would be quite interesting. I only gave 6 maxed out 3* and all others at rank 3. Having a 3* war will be quite interesting

Indeed. There are so many champs (or dupes) that I want as 4 and 5 stars because they are fun to play with, but I have them as 3 stars. It'd be a lot of fun being able to use them as defenders and attackers in AW. It seems like a waste that they are just sitting there with the sole purpose of getting duped to get additional resources. And of course 4 stars will be the new 3 stars so having this kind of restriction can pay dividends with the upcoming 6 stars and beyond.

Similarly, it'd be nice to have incentives to use lower-starred champs in AQ, perhaps by giving more points or having a cool down timer for AQ/AW champs.

If Kabam implemented this and made resources to upgrade lower-starred champs more difficult to obtain, then I think it'd be a fair tradeoff. Kabam would provide additional avenues for all kinds of players to want to be engaged and spend, while the players would be able to experience new facets of the game to keep things fresh.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    More ways of getting shards
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Introduce more bugs. We love hunting them down
  • Options
    KillerDynastyKillerDynasty Posts: 74
    "6. Have a cool off counter for AW and AQ champs. This would be like the arena cool down except much longer. So I can't use the same champs on consecutive AQs. This way, I'd have to plan out my AQ attack roster for the entire 5 days. Maybe I'll use weaker champs on the earlier days or my 3 stars in order to maximize points. All of this is to once again make use of more champs, which require more resources, etc."

Made some could point but this one would alienate to many people form doing aq and aw. so every aw 8 champ are not usable then surely with kabam theory on hindering you. you would run out of champions as they would all be cooling down for the next 10 days. also this is impossible for lower players with few champions.
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Same old same. This game is dieing at a snails pace
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Now that we've experienced the new aw format of exploiting defender diversity, some of these ideas might be a better way of having more diversity in aw (and also aq).