**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I need some advice.. please only comment if you have beaten 5.3

Ice_and_FireIce_and_Fire Posts: 220
edited October 2019 in Strategy and Tips
So I have a problem and it's that corvus isn't gnna hack it in chap 3 right? I have the resources to rank 3 another two five stars to put in the main team to tackle 5.3 and trust me my four stars are not good. These are my options. Tell me about chapter three and four please

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    If you don’t have the 4* to fill in the teams than I’d wait till you did.

When 5.3 was released I used only 4*, used a mix of 2-3 heavy hitters regardless of class. Then 2 of the level class specifics. 4* duped max sig star lord put in a lot of work back then.
  • Options
    So there isn't five or six or so of my five stars that could get it done?
    I can take two more to r3. Annihilus is r4 nt is r3
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

So I have a problem and it's that corvus isn't gnna hack it in chap 3 right? I have the resources to rank 3 another two five stars to put in the main team to tackle 5.3 and trust me my four stars are not good. These are my options. Tell me about chapter three and four please

5.4 Corvus should work well. Another good option for the final Ultron is Angela, who is the champ I used for the boss.

What are you struggling with in 5.3? The class weakness node?
  • Options
    Honestly I havnt gone in yet. Just heard about it and figured I'd try and prepare with y'all's help
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

So there isn't five or six or so of my five stars that could get it done?
    I can take two more to r3. Annihilus is r4 nt is r3

Any champ can get through lanes in 5.3. It’s just about length of the fights which leads to more chip damage and or user errors causing deaths. There are a few nodes that might be problematic.
  • Options
    Was told corvus was useless in chap 3 so was trying to find replacement for that chap. Also I'm gnna be rank 5 my guillotine 2099 which is four star
  • Options

I don't know who told you that Corvus is useless in Chapter 3, but they were exaggerating. He will do less damage, and as a result, will often run out of Glaive Charges before he's able to take down the fight. This doesn't mean that a skilled player couldn't do it though.

You've got a great selection of Champions in multiple Classes, and that's the important thing, especially for a 1st run.

Thanks Mike I'll just take my normal team in there and see how it goes then make adjustments as needed. Yea idk I've just been told that by some people. Can't wait for annihilus to get worked on, needs extension of stifles badly.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Corvus isn’t Corvus overall still, he’s useable but you have to use charges and basically wait 50 seconds to deal significant damage again, he will work but a good 4* would be better, he will eat the cosmic quest thiugh
  • Options
    Thanks man which quest is the cosmic. ?
  • Options
    Quest 4
  • Options
    Right on. Annihilus and corvus should make that one easy. What's quest one?
  • Options
    Been dying to get a good five star tech so I can finally use my awakening gem. Have zero tech benefit. Though I did just get 2099 guillotine as four star.
  • Options

Right on. Annihilus and corvus should make that one easy. What's quest one?

It goes in the order of mystic, tech, mutant, cosmic, skill, science, quest 1 is mystic
  • Options
    C4edmonC4edmon Posts: 26
    First of all, damn those are some good 5*.
    I‘d say jump into 5.3, try around and then come back to tell us were you struggled. And rank up Corvus regardless, he might not be the best because the fights are too long, but my r4 wrecks Uncollected Event, AW and 5.4 100%. You really can’t go wrong with him, he’s gonna help you a lot.
  • Options
    Awesome man thank you. Ah looks like mordo will make an appearance.
  • Options
    C4edmon said:

First of all, damn those are some good 5*.
    I‘d say jump into 5.3, try around and then come back to tell us were you struggled. And rank up Corvus regardless, he might not be the best because the fights are too long, but my r4 wrecks Uncollected Event, AW and 5.4 100%. You really can’t go wrong with him, he’s gonna help you a lot.

Thanks brother, that's good advice. Yes sir I've had some great five star spinning luck lol. Especially my run of 7 straight god tier champs.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

If you have even a 4 Star Venom the Duck, max him out, he will roll through 5.3 and for the most part 5.4 if you know how to use him.
  • Options

Been dying to get a good five star tech so I can finally use my awakening gem. Have zero tech benefit. Though I did just get 2099 guillotine as four star.

I feel you there man...

My SA Calendar's AG was Tech, then they removed Iron Patriot from the Buff list for now, then I Duped IP Twice In A Row...
  • Options

As for your 5 Stars, Gwenpool should do pretty great as long as you can Parry and Dex well, maybe Winter Soldier if you have the Killmonger Synergy, I've seen some pretty insane Sabretooth runs in Act 5 so I'd suggest studying a few of those, Blade if you have the Stark Spidey Synergy along with the Ghost Rider and Mephisto/Dormammu Synergies will absolutely roll through any Villains, Mystics, or Dimensional Beings you come across, Angela can be very good with her Regen, Fury, and Crit Stacks, and Void/Psylock would be Very Helpful with their Power Control for things like that Hyperion Boss.
  • Options

I feel you there man...

My SA Calendar's AG was Tech, then they removed Iron Patriot from the Buff list for now, then I Duped IP Twice In A Row...
    🤢🤮 Oh man that's so painful. They owe u a ghost or something for that.
  • Options
    UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    Even with the damage reduction I suggest using Angela and sabretooth as their furies make up for it
  • Options

Even with the damage reduction I suggest using Angela and sabretooth as their furies make up for it

Thank you, i had my eyes on Angela for sure
  • Options
    D4H0D4H0 Posts: 13
    I used my 4* Corvus as well for 5.3, it is true that the damage is reduced especially the charges, but it is all about patient and long game. All the best and happy gaming!
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Lvernon15 said:

Corvus isn’t Corvus overall still, he’s useable but you have to use charges and basically wait 50 seconds to deal significant damage again, he will work but a good 4* would be better, he will eat the cosmic quest thiugh

I am struggling to get 5.3.4 out of the way...been trying to take cornered lane down but antman keeps pissing me off lol
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

If you have even a 4 Star Venom the Duck, max him out, he will roll through 5.3 and for the most part 5.4 if you know how to use him.
    How? I am using unduped VTD 4* and cant pass the cornered node especially antman being first fight.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Void is a great option for all of act 5.3 and 5.4 with the exception of biohazard. He has a large health pool and the debuffs put in a lot of work especially since you will be baiting out a lot of special attacks. Angela is a great choice as well. Sabertooth can do some work but watch out for those cornered lanes
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    @RiderofHell if you have a void he can destroy cornered lanes as long as you don't use his special 2. For antman any champ can work but I find rulk a great choice for alt damage that doesn't trigger cornered. Just keep baiting antman special 1 and you should be fine