**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Captain marvel is better than corvus

Cmm IS better than corvus.
Change my mind.

Comments

• Options
    gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    Until she finds stun immune / limber nodes. So for questing with nick fury synergy she is better but for AW corvus is better
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    gp87 said:

Until she finds stun immune / limber nodes. So for questing with nick fury synergy she is better but for AW corvus is better

But she can still deal with those, she doesn’t need to stun to build up charges, just well-timed blocks and SP1/SP3
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

gp87 said:

But she can still deal with those, she doesn’t need to stun to build up charges, just well-timed blocks and SP1/SP3
    actually all blocks build charges, well timed just get double, that being said one of her most used abilities is the parry heavy to keep the charge and get massive damage, she would lose that, and make her lose those charges quickly, especially since she will have to reply on baiting heavies or intercepts again since she cannot gain charges while in binary form except form heavies.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    They are both great champions, both ramp up, but she can ramp up faster if played right, where corvus stays ramped no matter what.

Corvus does have vastly more utility. It is better adapted to suicides because at the start of the fight he can heal from them due to not taking the bleed damage.

he has a built in death avoidance from charges/sig

He can bypass auto pary and auto block from synergies

It really depends on your playstyle.
  • Options

Lormif said:

They are both great champions, both ramp up, but she can ramp up faster if played right, where corvus stays ramped no matter what.

Corvus does have vastly more utility. It is better adapted to suicides because at the start of the fight he can heal from them due to not taking the bleed damage.

He can bypass auto pary and auto block from sig

A lot of this just isn't true or at the least is debatable.

I wouldn't say corvus has VASTLY more utility at all and it's debatable whether he even has more at all. Marvel being able to go indestructible when going into binary and shrugging off debuffs gives her an absolute ton of utility.

Marvel can avoid death but in a completely different way than corvus. She can tank sp3s while indestructible (a finite window I'm aware) which corvus cannot do. Specials or heavies will kill him when low on health

Corvus sig has nothing to do with avoiding autoblock. His sp2 is is unblockable regardless or he can get true strike with the proxima synergy and the completed mission. Marvel also has unblockable specials in binary.

I'm not necessarily arguing one is better than the other just saying your reasons for saying corvus has more utility aren't that strong
    Marvel avoiding death is much more limited, but it is true it is possible.

I also corrected the error with the sig/synergy before your reply, but I will say fair. This is an opinion post.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Corvus doesn't look bad, that's enough
  • Options

BRTIL said:

Cmm IS better than corvus.
    Change my mind.

who did you bring to guilly 2099 UC EQ boss? the one i bought made embarrassingly short work of her. one time with only one charge!

both have their uses tho.
    I brought CM, she was a better counter for her because yuo can more reliably power through the heal, and less worries about missing.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Don’t underestimate that indestructible though, makes her a very sustainable champion and allows her to deal woth a huge array of nodes she’s otherwise not be great for like backblast in 6.2.2, and it clears off suicides, though it’s maybe not as good as the heal
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lormif said:

Don’t underestimate that indestructible though, makes her a very sustainable champion and allows her to deal woth a huge array of nodes she’s otherwise not be great for like backblast in 6.2.2, and it clears off suicides, though it’s maybe not as good as the heal
    You can run Fury and DPX with her as well and get the regen before every fight and cancel the bleed
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Corvus can bypass degen, and requires zero potions. /The End
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Sparkles is more fun than Corvus and can be used in long fights were as Corvus cant
  • Options

Sparkles is more fun than Corvus and can be used in long fights were as Corvus cant

That depends. I recently took down ROL Hulk in 48 seconds I think. Had a couple boosts on and such for fun, but that is 550k HP in about 45 hits. I’d say he’s capable of surprising you.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    SDP said:

That depends. I recently took down ROL Hulk in 48 seconds I think. Had a couple boosts on and such for fun, but that is 550k HP in about 45 hits. I’d say he’s capable of surprising you.
    true but i enjoy playing sparkles more than corvus so for me its personal preference
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    SDP said:

Corvus still loses health from it. If it's a debuff, Marvel shrugs it off when entering binary. If it's passive, she's indestructible and can end plenty of fights in those 12 seconds taking no damage from it once entering binary
  • Options

SDP said:

Corvus still loses health from it. If it's a debuff, Marvel shrugs it off when entering binary. If it's passive, she's indestructible and can end plenty of fights in those 12 seconds taking no damage from it once entering binary
    If Corvus is at 1% he loses zero health from it. Sparkles is sweet though. No argument here.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Definitely agree
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I have both as 5*s dupped. Corvus is better overall.
  • Options
    JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Corvus is better due to his absurd survivability and ease of play, but Sparkles is way more fun.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    With Cap, all you really need is one ramp up fight to get your charges up, then as Long as you play aggressively, you can blitz through an insane amount of content.