**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery Enhancements

First off, I love the Mastery concept! I think it brings a MUCH needed way to further diversify each summoner from another. Having hundreds of champions to choose from and focusing on a specific set is great, and allows each summoner to bring something unique to the table or alliance. It also allows us to focus on our "fan favorites" Mastery's also allow summoners to further create unique contributions to the game, alliance, or simply their own play style.

However, as with any game, there sometimes tends to be "Meta" champions. Champions that are powerful or have utility, that draw large numbers of players to them. This tends to kill diversity and uniqueness. The same thing happens within the Mastery trees. "To 'Suicide Mastery' or 'Deep Wounds', that is the question?" Most mastery set ups revolve around Offence, and most revolve around those two. The defense tree is very underutilized. Many summoners are forced to focus on offensive skills, because Defensive skill tree options are not competitive. There is no real value in becoming a "Tank" centered member. Imagine the value (War Defense) if an Alliance member invested points in Defense and it was WORTH it? Or, for less skilled players (starting out) to boost their ability to take a punch (defense). By enhancing a few unloved skills, there is a possibility to give less used champs a renewed shot at becoming a staple roster champ.

Now there are plenty of mastery skills already in game that are discarded and just need a little love, like Strength, Greater Strength, Vitality, Greater Vitality, etc. 9 hard earned, limited commodity points for what? Increase health by 156? That is terrible. And as terrible of an investment those are, there are many more I would like to focus on first. Here are a few Ideas, and a good place to start:

Skill
Old setup / New recommendation

Extended Fury (4/4)
.2 / .2
.4 / .4
.6 / .8
.8 / 2.0

Enhanced Fury (4/4)
2% / 2%
4% / 4%
6% / 8%
8% / 10%

*I intentionally made the benefit greater with further point investment. This is to allow summoners with Champs like OG Hulk, Crossbones, King Groot, and other fury focused champs a chance to invest significantly in order to focus on enhancing their under utilized (favorite) champ.

Energy Resistance (4/4)
40 / 50
80 / 100
120 / 150
160 / 300

Physical Resistance (4/4)
40 / 50
80 / 100
120 / 150
160 / 300

Perfect Block (4/4)
1% / 4%
2% / 6%
3% / 8%
4% / 12%

Salve (3/3)
1 / 2
2 / 4
4 / 10

*Again, bit of a payout for full point investment. Lets be honest, Salve healing a mere 10 points a second is nothing once you're past Act 1.

This last section is for adding new skills to the Tree. Doing something with those far right "Blank" skills. There are certain champions that have unique damage abilities, like bleed, incinerate, and poison. However, our Mastery setup only allows us to enhance our Bleed Champions. Deep Wounds, for example. And, only allows us to defend against bleed opponents, Coagulate and Suture. This is good, and the largest number of champions with elemental and/or DoT abilities are "Bleed" champions...by a long shot. So what about Incinerate, Poison, Shock champions. Electro, King Groot, Phoenix or Myphisto? There are 5 blank skill slots on both Offense and Defense. Offense can easily Mimic Deep Wounds (sort of):

Second Longer / Elemental Potency (vice % of max health strike down) (5/5)
0.5 / .2%
1.0 / .4%
1.5 / .6%
2.0 / .8%
2.5 / 1.0%

Degenerate abilities get skill "Decay"
Incinerate = Accelerant
Poison = Weakened Immunity
Shock = High Voltage
Cold Snap = Adema

*I understand many elemental champions have had some (not a lot) natural damage potency applied, to make them competitive in game currently. That is why I suggest changing the "max health strike down" ability to a mere elemental damage increase.

There are currently two Defense Bleed abilities: Coagulate and Suture. 3 points each, total (6/6). Therefore, and due to the note reference above, consider combining into one tree, as below:

Coagulate
1) 10%
2) 20%
3) 30%

Suture
1) 10%
2) 15%
3) 20%

Reduce (elemental) Damage by... / Reduce Length of time Elemental...
10% / 8%
15% / 10%
20% / 15%
30% / 20%

Degenerate defensive ability = Fortify
Incinerate = Flame Resistant
Poison = Antidote
Shock = Grounded
Cold Snap = Warming Layers

Comments

• Options
    I agree with this completely. Some of the masteries are pathetic at thwir current state, and I'm hesitant even putting points in them. This will definitely even the odds, and get rid of that same mundane fight with everyone having suicide masteries and deep wounds. And please please please give some love to the other DoT types. Theres so much more to the game than bleeds.
  • Options
    Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    <3 ur concept
  • Options
    Killakal90Killakal90 Posts: 8
    Agree great idea and I love how you put so much thought into this.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Good suggestions!
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I love it. Please share if you come up with anything else.
  • Options
    _Barabbas__Barabbas_ Posts: 132
    Thanks everyone for the positive feedback