**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI not affected by contact attacks and bane not transferring

Game mode: story Quest, 5.2.5 (bane chapter)
Opponents: winter soldier, Hulk, Mordo, Drax, Juggernaut
Node on opponent: Bane, role reversal, Arc overload

In game name: Webhead-F4

Team used: Killmonger, Void, Captain America (Infinity War), Venom, Symbiote Supreme/Doctor Voodoo

Device: One plus 6

Background apps: none

Connection Type: cellular and WiFi

I have been facing an issue with the AI today where if the AI has a bar of power, it is firing off specials while they are struck with a contact attack. It also results in the bane node not transferring and my champs taking "Fun and Interactive" damage.

By contact attack, I mean an attack that makes a contact, deals damage, and pushes the AI back as a reaction (as is the intended mechanic of the game).

Due to this erratic behaviour, I have had to use multiple in-game resources like revives and units to complete my path which would normally not be this difficult.

I'm not the most skilled player of the game but as someone who has 100% all other chapters of act 5 without using a lot of resources, I do think I am qualified enough to spot a bug when I see one.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Game mode: story Quest, 5.2.5 (bane chapter)
    Opponents: winter soldier, Hulk, Mordo, Drax, Juggernaut
    Node on opponent: Bane, role reversal, Arc overload

In game name: Webhead-F4

Team used: Killmonger, Void, Captain America (Infinity War), Venom, Symbiote Supreme/Doctor Voodoo

Device: One plus 6

Background apps: none

Connection Type: cellular and WiFi

I have been facing an issue with the AI today where if the AI has a bar of power, it is firing off specials while they are struck with a contact attack. It also results in the bane node not transferring and my champs taking "Fun and Interactive" damage.

By contact attack, I mean an attack that makes a contact, deals damage, and pushes the AI back as a reaction (as is the intended mechanic of the game).

Due to this erratic behaviour, I have had to use multiple in-game resources like revives and units to complete my path which would normally not be this difficult.

I'm not the most skilled player of the game but as someone who has 100% all other chapters of act 5 without using a lot of resources, I do think I am qualified enough to spot a bug when I see one.

1) just because you beat content does not mean you can recognize a bug, there are people up to and including cav titled players who misstate intended behaviors for bugs, we all do it at all levels of the game.

2) I just logged in and tried it, with the same team, multiple runs to get a couple of your champions in and it works fine. Do you have a video of this happening, as that would be needed.
  • Options
    WebheadUnltdWebheadUnltd Posts: 33
    1. Point taken. That was my frustration talking since a lot of the issues players face are termed as "working as intended".
    2. Gonna be difficult to get a video of it since its a split second interaction that has never happened before. I will try to get it though.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Maybe it's possible you were a tiny bit slow in your combo, and the opponent had a tiny window to intercept your next hit with a special?
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

1. Point taken. That was my frustration talking since a lot of the issues players face are termed as "working as intended".
    2. Gonna be difficult to get a video of it since its a split second interaction that has never happened before. I will try to get it though.

record the entire fight, then you will get it.
  • Options
    WebheadUnltdWebheadUnltd Posts: 33
    Tried. Unable to recreate the scenario.
    Will try again though.

Maybe it's possible you were a tiny bit slow in your combo, and the opponent had a tiny window to intercept your next hit with a special?

@Championcritic might be. Even then, the recovery time would have to be really fast to paunch a special just as a hit males contact, would it not?
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Tried. Unable to recreate the scenario.
    Will try again though.

@Championcritic might be. Even then, the recovery time would have to be really fast to paunch a special just as a hit males contact, would it not?
    The concept of reaction time does not exist to AI haha, so it's possible the millisecond that your hit ended, assuming you had a tiny delay in tapping the next hit, the AI can immediately trigger a special. Can't say for certain though.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    If this is occurring, it could be simply that the AI is recovering too quickly from a light attack relative to your point of view. Could be a performance issue with your device and/or the game itself. Or it could be related to the same problem that the AI throwing specials while blocking issue is/was. Both occurrences usually involve the AI's ability to recover and react in between light attacks. Only difference is one is a blocked light and the other is a landed light. The reason why the issue is so apparent when the AI has/uses a special is because the AI has to ability to insta-launch it's special, where we have to manually move our thumb and press the special button. The problem really stands out with this because the AI immediately goes into an invulnerable frame as soon as this happens which means our next light attack whiffs and we get trashed by the special:)
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    To be honest this sounds like the same issues that have been reported this year regarding the AI ability to recover and react in-between light attacks. While the issue (in my personal experience) tends to fluctuate, I do believe it has not really been comprehensively corrected yet.