**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Open message to Kabam sales team...

Dear Kabam,

I wouldn't call myself a whale, but I occasionally drop a hundred bucks here and there on the game. Recently cleared out the garage and sold off some junk, so I dropped a few hundred bucks on some Soulsplitter Crystals. Ended up with 2 useless 5* champs, a few random 4* champs and a bunch of 3* champs, out of 30 crystals...little disappointing...

Got me thinking, "when was the last time I was excited about something I got from a champion crystal I spent money or units on?"....and I do remember, it was the Marvelous Crystal you guys offered at the end of 2018, think it was 7500 units or something like that, I pulled Aegon. Was super pumped after that...but that was it, going on about an entire year of disappointing crystal purchases.

So this isn't me complaining or asking you to do anything, I'm just a customer giving you some feedback...considering the above, I will not be spend money or units on any champion crystal for the foreseeable future.

Best regards,
Rook

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,014 ★★★★★
    You were happy to pull a 5* champ from a crystal that costs the equivalent to pretty much $250? I assume it was worth it because you got Aegon. I also assume you'd have the same opinion as the other crystals if you didnt pull Aegon as well.

I'd much rather open 25 featured cavs or close to 40 regular cavs with that amount of units.

You always have the right to spend or not but I think you value perception is a bit off.
  • RookM1RookM1 Posts: 52
    edited October 2019

You were happy to pull a 5* champ from a crystal that costs the equivalent to pretty much $250? I assume it was worth it because you got Aegon. I also assume you'd have the same opinion as the other crystals if you didnt pull Aegon as well.

I'd much rather open 25 featured cavs or close to 40 regular cavs with that amount of units.

You always have the right to spend or not but I think you value perception is a bit off.

I don't see your point, I spent units on one crystal and got something exciting and fun...I spent units on hundreds of crystals over the span of a year and didn't get anything exciting or fun. Therefore I'm not spending on what's not delivering a return...How is my value perception off?

To clarify, the Marvelous Crystal I'm referring to from last year pulled from a very small pool of champs (5* Only), and I would have been stoked with all but one or two....so not your typical Cav or featured Cav crystal.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,014 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    RookM1 said:

I don't see your point, I spent units on one crystal and got something exciting and fun...I spent units on hundreds of crystals over the span of a year and didn't get anything exciting or fun. Therefore I'm not spending on what's not delivering a return...How is my value perception off?
    You are either really understating your spending habits in your first comment or really over exaggerating how many crystals you've opened from money spent in your 2nd comment.

You happened to get a champ you wanted for a $250 Crystal and so your expectations are now really high for everything else. Even if you get 2 meh 5*'s from 10 gmcs or Cavaliers for $100, that's more than double the value for less money than the other crystal.

Its similar to putting a price on sentimental items that aren't actually that valuable. I'd be willing to put money down that if you pulled a couple champs you wanted from those "hundreds" of crystals you spent money on that you wouldn't even have posted anything.

Your complaint, and yes despite saying you weren't complaining, you were, is that you want better champions pulls because you werent lucky enough.
  • RookM1RookM1 Posts: 52
    edited November 2019

You are either really understating your spending habits in your first comment or really over exaggerating how many crystals you've opened from money spent in your 2nd comment.

Why does any of that matter? I'm not using your measure of value for my purchases, I'm using mine.

You happened to get a champ you wanted for a $250 Crystal and so your expectations are now really high for everything else. Even if you get 2 meh 5*'s from 10 gmcs or Cavaliers for $100, that's more than double the value for less money than the other crystal.

I'm not comparing crystals and their value, you are, but it seems like you value "meh" champs more than I do. Congratulations.

Its similar to putting a price on sentimental items that aren't actually that valuable.

No, it's exactly like purchasing what I deem valuable and not purchasing what I don't, considering what I've purchased over the past year I no longer see value in unit purchased champion crystals.

I'd be willing to put money down that if you pulled a couple champs you wanted from those "hundreds" of crystals you spent money on that you wouldn't even have posted anything.

Correct, wouldn't have been disappointed, therefore wouldn't have posted the message. It's a gamble that at some point, when I lose enough, I stop gambling. If Kabam wants me to keep gambling they gotta figure out a way to throw me a win occasionally...a win that I consider a win.

Your complaint, and yes despite saying you weren't complaining, you were, is that you want better champions pulls because you werent lucky enough.

Well, a post that simply read "I'm not going to spend units on champion crystals anymore" doesn't give Kabam much context to improve things, so if you want to read it as a complaint you're welcome to do so...but yes, that's exactly what I'm saying to Kabam "if you want my money, I want to see better odds on the champs I want".

You remind me of groundedwisdom, lol.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    For the life of me, I don't know why anyone would buy those crystals. The drop percentages are awful for the price.

But hey... your money. Do so as you please.